World Linking 3/1/2024

1 hour ago, NaddlTheKartoffel.6194 said:

I'm from the Kodash server and just like last time I've been put into the wrong server. Usually Kodash is linked with Fissure of Woe, which I should be part of, but I'm in Drakkar Lake who's linked with Dzagonur.

Edit: I just got switched over, thank you very much dear staff! 😄

I just realized... I wonder if your bug means that World Restructuring is already in effect on the backend.

Or are you having a visual bug where it still shows the old link names because reset happened while you were in an instanced map?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Not surprise considering FC is just a PPT server and the whole month they had no one focus them or even bother to PPT against them.

The month was just FOE that will get up in the morning, paper everything when the JQ SEA reset blob go off after a night of ppting cause they wanted to stay in T1 for whatever reason. That' swhen the FC zombies shine by upgrading and siege humping every camp/tower/keep they mindless ppt all afternoon. Closer to the evening, you got the second reset blob on FC, TG that will just take everything and get off before prime time.  They will just run 50 and W key empty maps until competition gets on and they log off as done for the day. Sometimes they will log early when the enemy have people online to beat them.

Another key factor there was no third server. you had SOS SEA PPT that brought them up but they were smart and actually dropped away from the hell scape that is FC PPT.  While DH being the other and frankly only one guild TM, would even bother working with JQ to even attack FC BL.

So basically just a combination of no one wanting to fighting FC PPT as they only known for for PPT and being bags. Get on when no one is on and leave with other start to get on while lastly the third server having the brains to not ppt to fight a month of FC zombies.

Pretty much, all the real T1 servers mostly avoided T1 for the month lol.

T1 is just a ppt haven these days, even my alt on nsp in t4 saw more guilds and fights than T1.

🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Twilightzone.7452 said:

Not surprise considering FC is just a PPT server and the whole month they had no one focus them or even bother to PPT against them.

The month was just FOE that will get up in the morning, paper everything when the JQ SEA reset blob go off after a night of ppting cause they wanted to stay in T1 for whatever reason. That' swhen the FC zombies shine by upgrading and siege humping every camp/tower/keep they mindless ppt all afternoon. Closer to the evening, you got the second reset blob on FC, TG that will just take everything and get off before prime time.  They will just run 50 and W key empty maps until competition gets on and they log off as done for the day. Sometimes they will log early when the enemy have people online to beat them.

Another key factor there was no third server. you had SOS SEA PPT that brought them up but they were smart and actually dropped away from the hell scape that is FC PPT.  While DH being the other and frankly only one guild TM, would even bother working with JQ to even attack FC BL.

So basically just a combination of no one wanting to fighting FC PPT as they only known for for PPT and being bags. Get on when no one is on and leave with other start to get on while lastly the third server having the brains to not ppt to fight a month of FC zombies.

Well you know, it's kinda sad they didn't crush harder in t1 despite this. Like JQ was definitely trying their best, but having the handicap of being linked to SBI  is simply too much.

I'm not saying this because my server is filled with bad players that are worse than bots running condi rifle mechs (why is this a thing? I know people run bad builds but they usually don't spread) but rather because the server has almost no havoc group that take anything. In fact most of the havoc is basically just Grimm and Xenesisil and it goes to crap when they are not on and then the later just keeps pulling a dev and pulls get nerfed the next day and w/e.

I mean everyone has their own playstyle and granted small scale in t1 is an utter crapshow but there has to be more done outside of following tags. And if one does resolve to only following tags, then they should support them with actual builds instead of being halfway across the map and not actually following said tag.

On the other hand I was amazed to see our pugs defeat those organized guilds on occasion this week. That's either a testament to how well the people on our side played, or how bad the other side are. Probably both?

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I just realized... I wonder if your bug means that World Restructuring is already in effect on the backend.

Or are you having a visual bug where it still shows the old link names because reset happened while you were in an instanced map?

It’s been probably a decade since Anet accidentally showed “servers” mean nothing, in case you forgot that reset where WvW went belly up and we got randomly assigned to worlds so they had to reset again.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Riba.3271 said:

Or release Guild Wars 3 because you already seem to be over this game...

Release a new game? They are barely able to maintain an existing one and actually make it worse with every single patch and you think they'll be able to build a brand new game?
😕

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

Release a new game? They are barely able to maintain an existing one and actually make it worse with every single patch and you think they'll be able to build a brand new game?
😕

Well, I guess they would young people with passion for that. It is exactly what the game needs to maintain decent balance and competitive environment though. If someone puts a new artist in front of Mona Lisa and tells them to improve it, they will probably have less suitable ideas than master Leonardo D Vinci himself. Basically the issue with current devs is that they originally didn't create the game or the gamemode, so their ideas do not suit what WvW stands for or was originally loved for.

You take anything that is wrong with WvW: Shield gens, SM upgrading in 2 hours, Objective Auras, Dragon Banners, Gliding in Combat, Server Linkings or many more, and original devs would have thrown them straight into thrash can. All of those work to destroy competitive environment regardless of location and to reduce rewarding strategical mind.

Don't get me wrong, they added equally amount of good things into the game. But the difference with GW2 devs and succesful games with regular balance patches like TFT, LoL and Fortnite, is that they're also willing to take ideas that didn't work out of the game. PvE way of developing where players can just avoid content they don't like, just doesn't work for WvW: You also have to remove and rework some content you add.

Edited by Riba.3271

On 3/1/2024 at 8:20 PM, multiwickingerhabich.9867 said:

Anet what's the point of this kitten again 2 perma ppt server elona and Abadons scrap together that only make PPt. This is the second match that we have had such a crappy opponent. Send the PPT server draka Elona Abadonsmaul to League 6 perma PPT trains. The PPT servers can annoy each other forever.

Oh no, poor Ring of Fire. I have zero sympathy for you guys, to this day the most toxic server. I've never received more rap,e and death threats than from RoF players. Maybe RoF should get a seperate tier where the server gets split so you can annoy each other then.

Besides that, you guys often only attack when one of the other 2 servers is already getting attacked, so where's the problem? You couldn't even defeat Deso that way. Imagine double-teaming a server and then you both still lose. PPT servers should suit you better then.

Edited by Xenon Z.6015
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm not liking to fight in a world where there's no real organization against 2 previous T1 worlds. It's been slaughter left and right.

It's been really hard to keep any kind of participation up like this e,e

Edited by red.9862

On 3/2/2024 at 4:22 AM, Zepoolpe.9217 said:

You still had doubts?

Hey I play a pessimist in the real world, I try and keep an eye on the sunny side in the virtual world to find a balance. Come on my nickname is Grimm in real life afterall.

But where I was also going is the initial tier placements as well. I get the 4 week change over but I still think the initial placements feels, lets me use the technical term, wonky from where the hosts were at and then placed after a resort watching things bounce around. Makes me question the WR placements all the more and is it the WR sorts or the initial placement logic. NA is closer in T4 and and T1. EU is a lot worse, granted its still Monday but there are a lot of questionable initial landings based on the point spreads in the various Region and Tiers.