World Linking 3/1/2024

• ArenaNet Staff

Here are the worlds for EU:

* Augury Rock (FR)
* Aurora Glade (EN), Ruins of Surmia (EN)
* Baruch Bay (SP), Underworld (EN)
* Blacktide (EN), Piken Square (EN)
* Desolation (EN), Arborstone (FR)
* Drakkar Lake (DE), Dzagonur (DE)
* Elona Reach (DE), Abaddon's Mouth (DE)
* Fissure of Woe (EN), Kodash (DE)
* Fort Ranik (FR), Vizunah Square (FR)
* Gandara (EN), Miller's Sound (DE)
* Ring of Fire (EN), Gunnar's Hold (EN)
* Riverside (DE), Far Shiverpeaks (EN)
* Seafarer's Rest (EN)
* Vabbi (EN), Jade Sea (FR)
* Whiteside Ridge (EN)

Here are the worlds for NA:

* Blackgate, Sanctum of Rall
* Borlis Pass, Stormbluff Isle
* Darkhaven, Eredon Terrace
* Dragonbrand, Isle of Janthir
* Fort Aspenwood, Crystal Desert
* Jade Quarry, Gate of Madness
* Kaineng, Ferguson's Crossing
* Maguuma, Devona's Rest
* Northern Shiverpeaks, Ehmry Bay
* Sea of Sorrows, Sorrow's Furnace
* Tarnished Coast, Henge of Denravi
* Yak's Bend, Anvil Rock

• Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Kinda funny how Ferguson's Crossing goes from leading T1 for 4 weeks to a link.

Btw guys, Blackgate is open!

/pats the confused on the head, don't worry you'll get it eventually -->

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Now I need to login a bit more for WvW. Maybe I can learn a bit Spanish then. First time (and probably the only/last chance) - since there is only that 1 spanish server and they are planning to switch to the new system without servers. Didn't even know they linked Baruch. (Back then it was kept without link most of the time but I guess the playerbase dropped too low?)

Biggest issue with this B.S. no link (SFR) , they completely killed roaming. The only way to play now in WvW is to run with zerg (so 2-3h-hours max a day at prime time). Roamers everywhere, meeting only zerg or groups with minimum 10 players vs.1 roamer. Thanks to short-sighted ANET, WvW is only playable one way.

Edited by bloodyhell.9563
  • Confused 4

Please stop linking two different language servers on EU.

It makes for a divided server population and promotes xenophobia.

Try creating different language server links on NA if you think it's so normal.

😕

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

Try creating different language server links on NA if you think it's so normal.

It's normal to have different languages on NA servers.  English, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, Chinese, etc.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It's normal to have different languages on NA servers.  English, Spanish, Portuguese, Tagalog, Chinese, etc.

That does not have anything to do with my point.

NA does not have different language servers and does not link those servers so that half of them cannot communicate easily with the other half.

Edited by Mimizu.7340
removed negative feedback
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

I'm from the Kodash server and just like last time I've been put into the wrong server. Usually Kodash is linked with Fissure of Woe, which I should be part of, but I'm in Drakkar Lake who's linked with Dzagonur.

Edit: I just got switched over, thank you very much dear staff! 😄

Edited by NaddlTheKartoffel.6194
Resolved
  • Confused 2

Gotta admit this system is pretty awful. No matter how well the server are paired up together doesn't change the fact that even greatest chef can't make a decent meal with rotten ingredients.

Delete linking system, fix balance and make all scenes of WvW flourish again.... Or release Guild Wars 3 because you already seem to be over this game...

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 2

On 3/1/2024 at 2:14 AM, XenesisII.1540 said:

Kinda funny how Ferguson's Crossing goes from leading T1 for 4 weeks to a link.

Btw guys, Blackgate is open!

/pats the confused on the head, don't worry you'll get it eventually -->

Not surprise considering FC is just a PPT server and the whole month they had no one focus them or even bother to PPT against them.

The month was just FOE that will get up in the morning, paper everything when the JQ SEA reset blob go off after a night of ppting cause they wanted to stay in T1 for whatever reason. That' swhen the FC zombies shine by upgrading and siege humping every camp/tower/keep they mindless ppt all afternoon. Closer to the evening, you got the second reset blob on FC, TG that will just take everything and get off before prime time.  They will just run 50 and W key empty maps until competition gets on and they log off as done for the day. Sometimes they will log early when the enemy have people online to beat them.

Another key factor there was no third server. you had SOS SEA PPT that brought them up but they were smart and actually dropped away from the hell scape that is FC PPT.  While DH being the other and frankly only one guild TM, would even bother working with JQ to even attack FC BL.

So basically just a combination of no one wanting to fight FC PPT as they only known for for PPT and being bags. Get on when no one is on and leave with other start to get on while lastly the third server having the brains to not ppt to fight a month of FC zombies.

Edited by Twilightzone.7452
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mimizu.7340 said:

That does not have anything to do with my point.

NA does not have different language servers and does not link those servers so that half of them cannot communicate easily with the other half.

If your point was not being able to communicate easily with others on the server because of mixed languages, then I addressed it perfectly.  Same functional effect despite a technicality.  NA does not have different language servers and still has a cacophony of multiple languages thrown together.  It's normal in NA.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2