Oaken cudgel needs to be removed from the ga.e

MoZing.1594

It literally procs every trait possible, heals pet, protects entire party, has 3 uses in a row with skirmishing trait, it has no weapon purity that anet promised to bring by having absolutely every possible benefit even though it's not an elite or even a 5 skill. For some reason ranger mace just magically turns ranger into a completely different super elite spec for 5 seconds upon full stacks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Ranger is so skill flavour starved, that anything that's good feels like a 5* meal next to a bag of stale chips.
At most, they should trim some damage out of it, to make damage/utility ratio closer.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:47 AM, MoZing.1594 said:

For some reason ranger mace just magically turns ranger into a completely different super elite spec for 5 seconds upon full stacks.

Look with Harbenginer 1200 free stats and being able to mow you down with every condi + every boon + 100% more damage in condition and strike if they are above the blight threshold......

Not to mention Willbender shenangians
I think this is very tamed for a ranger compared to other specs in the game.

On 3/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

At most, they should trim some damage out of it, to make damage/utility ratio closer.

Agreed

Edited by Oahkahmewolf.6210
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2

On 3/1/2024 at 8:50 AM, Captain Bofa.5981 said:

They are supposed to be a "support" weapon.

Hahahahaha No they are not, Anet said MH has support capabilities and OH has defensive capabilities and the weapons when used together fill variety of roles, they never said "it's only used for support and this weapon is not suppose to do anything else".

Rifle on Mesmer on the other hand was classified as a support weapon by Anet and that's why it's doing absolutely nothing.

Ppl will complain about anything related to ranger that somehow make it fun meanwhile since EOD release harbinger and willbender keep getting buffed while being over tuned (not to mention getting superspeed next patch).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

On 3/1/2024 at 10:39 PM, Beddo.1907 said:

Talking competitive here I don't really think it needs even that, was testing vs a power reaper.

I had 2.7k power (no might), 77% crit chance, 231% crit damage, fury up and 11 stacks of might while the enemy had 25stacks of vulnerability + I attacked him from the side (hunters tactic proced) and I unleashed myself (15% more dmg) and I hit with #5 2.7K x3 + 5.1K, that's 13.2k from one skill but talking about almost a perfect scenario here, very close to full glass as well.

Even with all that #4 hit 4.5k at most.

Maces are strong but their burst is not comparable to GS and Hammer, they can continue do DPS for longer period of time but they can't really do fast big bursts like GS and Hammer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Do not fret. Anet always does this: design poorly overturned the new spec ( or weapon set) and then nerf it into oblivion. 

this is not only for the ranger, but this class is one of the first to get the nerf hammer anyway. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, MoZing.1594 said:

It literally procs every trait possible, heals pet, protects entire party, has 3 uses in a row with skirmishing trait, it has no weapon purity that anet promised to bring by having absolutely every possible benefit even though it's not an elite or even a 5 skill. For some reason ranger mace just magically turns ranger into a completely different super elite spec for 5 seconds upon full stacks.

You just need to work around it. Druid favors this new weapon more since you can get Force of Nature then go into CA for increased healing. 

You really just need to stall druid and fight them when they are trying to disengage which they will do after CA. Most of Druid Mace and CA can be very easily dodged or avoided, Starve them essentially. 

6 minutes ago, felincyriac.5981 said:

its pretty obv that ranger mace got the most love from the dev, the weapon basically does everything 

The one time ranger got some love.

Now more seriously. It feels like the weapon was specifically made to patch up some holes ranger has in it's kit, such as support main hand and self stab. A bit of a band aid, however an effective one that does help ranger in the long run, by being a missing option.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

You just need to work around it. Druid favors this new weapon more since you can get Force of Nature then go into CA for increased healing. 

You really just need to stall druid and fight them when they are trying to disengage which they will do after CA. Most of Druid Mace and CA can be very easily dodged or avoided, Starve them essentially. 

Playing Druid, I have plenty of dmg before I even need to use CA. And after I do and come out of CA, I'm attacking you. Oh, I might try to get away if there are more than one. But 7/10 times, you aren't catching me. Not after I dropped 3 condis, went stealth and can drop the rest with a utility.

And as far as CA skills being easily dodged? That hasn't been my experience. You would have to have 5 secs of stab before I even go into CA to dodge anything. After a daze, a root and a blind, CA5 + pet f2, you're taking significant dmg.

I have a hard time believing you main druid. It's ok if you dont. But I dont know anyone who is using mace in pvp. Maybe I am wrong. Someone works out a mace build, Ill try it. Till then, meh.

And I dont care about the plus to heal. Is this a support druid we are hypothetically talking about?

14 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

But I dont know anyone who is using mace in pvp. Maybe I am wrong. Someone works out a mace build, Ill try it. Till then, meh.

Seen peepos like boyce run the standard Soulbeast sPvP build (where you drop GS for M/M) with usual Sw/Wh/smokescale/siamoth/etc.

18 hours ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

Playing Druid, I have plenty of dmg before I even need to use CA. And after I do and come out of CA, I'm attacking you. Oh, I might try to get away if there are more than one. But 7/10 times, you aren't catching me. Not after I dropped 3 condis, went stealth and can drop the rest with a utility.

And as far as CA skills being easily dodged? That hasn't been my experience. You would have to have 5 secs of stab before I even go into CA to dodge anything. After a daze, a root and a blind, CA5 + pet f2, you're taking significant dmg.

I have a hard time believing you main druid. It's ok if you dont. But I dont know anyone who is using mace in pvp. Maybe I am wrong. Someone works out a mace build, Ill try it. Till then, meh.

And I dont care about the plus to heal. Is this a support druid we are hypothetically talking about?

No you got in conquest PvP is what I mean. I am also only really talking about the new Mace Druid. If you use something different then this doesn't realy apply. 

I mostly Main Mace Untamed in sPvP but I do use Mace alot in WvW on Druid. Like I said Mace skills are pretty easy to avoid.