silly Eparch fight theory! (we'll "Men In Black" him!)

Liewec.2896

This is gonna be my silly theory on how the fight with Eparch will end!

please don't take it too seriously. (i've just finished watching Men in Black so its quite a fresh theory!) 😄

so all throughout this expansion eeeeevery time someone mentions Eparch it's always how he eats all of his subjects, and if you dare face him "he'll pick your bones from his teeth!" etc.

which got me thinking, at this point after all this talk about how many of his subjects he's gobbled up, i'd be shocked (and a little bit offended) not to be on the menu! 🤣

so i'm placing my bets! i think Eparch will be much bigger than when we met him for the final fight, and i think at a certain health level he will omnom our character,

it will look like game over, he'll think he's won but we'll beat him from the inside like Men in Black😄

what are people's thought about how the fight will go down? think i'll be right and we'll defeat the Hungry Hungry Hippo from the inside?

think it'll be just another standard fight? or think we'll see any special mechanics? 😁

Edited by Liewec.2896
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Considering what a Kryptis looks like on the outside... I don't want to see what one looks like on the inside lol

I do admit I'm very intrigued by what the end of this expansion is going to be like. There's still a lot of questions and thoughts lingering in my head, like "no way that was Eparch, there's something going on here, surely?" and "will we see Nourys again?" and "is Peitha really on our side?" and "what's up with Isgarren?" and and and... And that doesn't even count other loose things that I imagine won't be answered (right now anyway), such as me wanting more info about the fractals in Skywatch or more info about various weird little things in the Wizard's Tower. 

If your theory were to come true, that could be uh... pleasant? I imagine I'd enjoy that anyway. My mesmer probably won't though!

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

at a certain health level he will omnom our character,

it will look like game over, he'll think he's won but we'll beat him from the inside like Men in Black😄

That's semi-sorta one of the mechanics in Triple Trouble (Amber), which would make it re-used content. In which case...maybe not such a silly theory after all. 🤔

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

That's semi-sorta one of the mechanics in Triple Trouble (Amber), which would make it re-used content. In which case...maybe not such a silly theory after all. 🤔

Also mechanic of leviatan fights in EoD 😉

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Kiki.9450 said:

There's still a lot of questions and thoughts lingering in my head, like "no way that was Eparch, there's something going on here, surely?"

Ditto. I always thought that large octopus head with the tentacles that we fought in Amnytas was Eparch, not that small guy we met in Nayos. 😄

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Ditto. I always thought that large octopus head with the tentacles that we fought in Amnytas was Eparch, not that small guy we met in Nayos. 😄

when i saw that giant guy it made me just wonder how massive and monstrous Eparch must be!

i'm gonna guess he might have different forms, and what we saw was his "mortal form" (kinda like dragons in WoW) yeah i'll be dissapointed if the form we saw him in at the end of this story chapter is actually his true form 🤣 he ain't eating nobody!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Liewec.2896 said:

when i saw that giant guy it made me just wonder how massive and monstrous Eparch must be!

i'm gonna guess he might have different forms, and what we saw was his "mortal form" (kinda like dragons in WoW) yeah i'll be dissapointed if the form we saw him in at the end of this story chapter is actually his true form 🤣 he ain't eating nobody!

Maybe he's demon Kirby?

• Haha 2

Fight starts. 

We get a plot debuff that makes us unable to fight. 

Peitha removes debuff. 

We DESTROY Eparch. 

Eprach goes invuln and we get told that we can't kill him or character X also dies. 

Character X is OK with sacrificing themself. 

We continue the fight and obliterate Eparchs healthbar. 

He goes invuln again. 

Plot happens and we cut the connection between him and character X. 

Peitha deals the final blow. 

Despite everything, character X dies anyway. 

Queue "big sad moment" nobody cares about. 

Pietha declares herself Queen. 

All this happens in a time span of 10min.

No plot twist happens as we are getting the next expack soon after, so no time for that. 

We do get some lore reveal however that is ultimately pointless and becomes random trivia on the wiki. 

Queue Taimi calling us that stuff ain't right in Cantha and the free risen are acting strange. 

"Could you come and kill them all? Also I'm pregnant, so I stay out of the story." 

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/11/2024 at 7:00 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

Fight starts. 

We get a plot debuff that makes us unable to fight. 

Peitha removes debuff. 

We DESTROY Eparch. 

Eprach goes invuln and we get told that we can't kill him or character X also dies. 

Character X is OK with sacrificing themself. 

We continue the fight and obliterate Eparchs healthbar. 

He goes invuln again. 

Plot happens and we cut the connection between him and character X. 

Peitha deals the final blow. 

Despite everything, character X dies anyway. 

Queue "big sad moment" nobody cares about. 

Pietha declares herself Queen. 

All this happens in a time span of 10min.

No plot twist happens as we are getting the next expack soon after, so no time for that. 

We do get some lore reveal however that is ultimately pointless and becomes random trivia on the wiki. 

Queue Taimi calling us that stuff ain't right in Cantha and the free risen are acting strange. 

"Could you come and kill them all? Also I'm pregnant, so I stay out of the story." 

Character X will be Ramses. He's been set up to be oh-so-sympathetic but is ultimately just a redshirt that can be killed without really affecting what they might be able to do with a future Kryptis storyline.

There's an outside chance it'll be Nephus instead, and it'll turn out this is what's kept him from rebelling until Peitha (it won't help if he kills Eparch only to die himself and create a power vacuum that would likely be filled by Eparch's highest-ranking surviving commander), but Peitha demonstrating the potential to take over is the reason he's flipped. But Ramses feels more likely.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Character X will be Ramses. He's been set up to be oh-so-sympathetic but is ultimately just a redshirt that can be killed without really affecting what they might be able to do with a future Kryptis storyline.

There's an outside chance it'll be Nephus instead, and it'll turn out this is what's kept him from rebelling until Peitha (it won't help if he kills Eparch only to die himself and create a power vacuum that would likely be filled by Eparch's highest-ranking surviving commander), but Peitha demonstrating the potential to take over is the reason he's flipped. But Ramses feels more likely.

I could see either of those two dying (agree that Ramses seems the more likely of the two). Another high possibility I see is Frode or Arina being Character X and sacrificing themselves, leaving the other to grieve/honor their memory. Both have been set up as secondary, sympathetic allies in Nayos that don't really impact the future story otherwise now that we're probably leaving behind the Astral Ward. Them being just reunited in the last patch makes it more likely that their reunion will be short-lived (cause we know Anet loves that plotline 😉).

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1