Why play Revenant?

Play Rev so you can be Herald, provide boons passively and get credit for kills while everyone else is busy tripping over themselves to land a 40k dps raid rotation on a level 1 queensdale mob as soon as it spawns.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Revolution.8425 said:

Many abilities from the Shiro, the Demon and the Dwarf are NEVER used because of the exorbitant cost of resource and often along with the fact that they offer near nothing in PvE or PvP

I mostly play power herald (dwarf/dragon) with gs and hammer in wvw zergs and I use every utility skill on dragon and dwarf but the chain (on dwarf), not because of costs, because that's more a one on one skill and not for situations where I switch enemies often. If I come across 1on1 I use the chain too.

Renegade utilities are slow, uninspiring and

...and only few. I mean I cannot choose skills. There are exactly as many skills as empty slots. -.-

That's shabby.

Worst part is that I can't find people that mainly use this class.

It's difficult.

I switched from ranger to rev as main class about 3 years ago.

But I mainly play wvw and only little pve (open world/story).

Either you have fun with a style and class or not. It's like with food.

For example I wonder how anyone can play thief. No matter what spec, that class is boring at best and awful at worst.
I also don't like guard, I know how versatile that class is. It's the weapon skills I guess. I often don't like them or they are too slow for my liking.
I rather play a tedious mesmer than an easy guard xD

• Like 1

On 3/14/2024 at 7:17 PM, SWLDguitar.5746 said:

My biggest regret is the race of my rev.  I'm a norn male - voice actor is fantastic though.  Kinda wish i picked something different, o well. 

Regret of Race choice is the worst 😞

With no Race change, and the Huge story if u dont wanna stare at incompletion on a Main character continously, Feels terrible when you do these sorts of things haha x) 

While meta is important, playing a class is based on liking the game play style and athetatics. And overall, rev has been fairly good, in all game modes, since it was introduced. And it was, is and probably will be, one of the best classes in open world.

And currently, in Q2 2024, rev has solid builds in pve. Other people can comment on pvp.

7 minutes ago, idolin.2831 said:

Not everyone cares about April Fools, builds look fine.

It's not the build that bothers me, but the buffs. On the video, the revenant manages to have some alacrity on his own even though he's a vindicator, a good vigor that wouldn't match the trait, for example.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Angesombre.4630 said:

It's not the build that bothers me, but the buffs. On the video, the revenant manages to have some alacrity on his own even though he's a vindicator, a good vigor that wouldn't match the trait, for example.

LMAO that video is funny, literally a bongo stick. As for the boons you're seeing, they are from the Jade Tech Offensive Protocol and Jade Tech Defensive Protocol. Every class has access to these and I actually recommend grabbing them for open world PvE, takes only 5 minutes or less to get 2 hours of buffs (guide for that is here).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, idolin.2831 said:

LMAO that video is funny, literally a bongo stick. As for the boons you're seeing, they are from the Jade Tech Offensive Protocol and Jade Tech Defensive Protocol. Every class has access to these and I actually recommend grabbing them for open world PvE, takes only 5 minutes or less to get 2 hours of buffs (guide for that is here).

Okay, thanks, I'd never noticed.

9 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

yea apparently the "joke" is that its not a joke! More builds are coming as well!  😉

There was a joke in that on April 1 itself, the open world section was just the raid section copied over. Then on the 2nd they went "we were actually serious about doing this, here are the actual open world builds!"

• Like 1
  • Confused 1