The importance of Guild Missions and why rewards should be improved

Guild missions have been a part of the game that has been neglected for several years. In MMOs, people look for social connections with others who have similar interests. Early on in the game's history, guild missions were good opportunities for bonding and making meaningful friendships by making guildies gather weekly for a communal event, incentivising members to gather socially and get to know each other better. However, as most guilds these days have quickly reached max-level, and more efficient meta events have sprouted up throughout the years, guild missions have become irrelevant for many as the individual rewards for doing them are lackluster: you don't get much currency from them, and the useful items you can buy with guild commendations are limited.

So, how can we fix this?

I believe the best way is to expand the exchange options available using guild commendations. 

• For example, we could have more weapon and armor skins  that get updated yearly or every once in a while for the fashionistas.
  • In terms of gear, the guild weaponsmith and armorer could also offer stat selectable exotic weapons and armor pieces with core and expansion stats, going beyond just backpieces. 
  • Guild commendation traders could also offer stat selectable ascended accessories, rings, and amulets too, solving an issue with gearing alt characters, as laurel vendor traders only offer core stats, and obtaining stat selectable trinkets efficiently is gated behind living world seasons.
  • For people who have fully geared their character, we could also have more gold oriented improvements to give them incentives to still do guild missions, like adding a permanent trophy shipment option.
  • It would also be an insane quality of life improvement if you could obtain provisioner tokens and mystic clovers through the guild commendation trader as a way to obtain these time gated materials, thus incentivising people to do guild missions more.

Even if only one or two things from the list get added, it would be super beneficial for everyone.

• Like 26
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I Also think the guilds themselves could use an upgrade. 

What happens when we reach max lvl? Nothing much, it would be nice if we could now use expansion based materials to add extra stuff. If we can have all currency nodes in our home instance, I think it would be awesome if we could also have map currencies in the guild halls. Allowing players who haven't had access to those maps / currencies yet to be able to slowly farm em.

This will allow new players / returning playing to also catch up!

We just need to be able to do more in Guild Halls.

• Like 5

Great idea.

Even adding an NPC like the TEID-07 Unified Vendor for WvW in the guild hall that offers stat selectable exotics for a few silver and a couple commendations is a good idea in my opinion. They could just have the same generic skins as TEID, or it'd be pretty dope if they were the Ornate Guild Armor skins and the Guild weapon skins for just a bit more flavor. These skins don't seem to be in high demand anyway, and making them more accessible could just add some guild fun.

Also trophy shipment exchanges would be a good idea for long-term value. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, WildLife.3854 said:

it would be nice if we could now use expansion based materials to add extra stuff. If we can have all currency nodes in our home instance, I think it would be awesome if we could also have map currencies in the guild halls.

This would also prevent people from joining a fully leveled guild just for the nodes and perks... ;^;

It's disheartening as a guild admin to have so many names in our roster and so few care to interact...

• Like 1

You can write this about almost anything in GW2 and it will be truth. Guilds in GW2 is great design since you can join several guilds, but you can do guild missions only for one guild. Also most ppl join max lvl guilds to get most benefits and it makes sense.

If you want to do any of the updates for rewards, then most likely it will benefit just max lvl guilds. With that you have spiral of no new guilds/communities being created and that is terrible. 

• Confused 5

I'd agree that I'd like to see more things to do with guild comms, but I'd also point out that some of the currently available skins are already some of the least commonly unlocked in the game. So it's not like ppls don't have things to spend on rn . . .

1) Would be very nice to see some work on guilds done in a game called GuildWars2 (I know, I know...the name has nothing to do with the guilds we as players are a part of, I know...)
2) Guilds are hard to monetize, which is why it's probably hard to convince the decision makers that it's a good investment to use some resources on them.

• Confused 2

Would also be good to consider the missions and mission requirements. There are a lot of missions that should not have minimum player counts. Let the challenge of the mission define the number of players required and add more missions. Plus if a guild has players that are on different time schedules they should still be able to attempt missions while their guildmates might be offline.