Reaper doesnt need a 4s stun

Chilled to the bone is overtuned. The stun is longer in the pvp split by a whole second for some reason. If a 4s aoe stun wasnt enough its also free stab, quickness, chill. All on a short cooldown that you can use multiple times a fight.

It also has a huge 50% increased damage modifier for melee hits.

Also "Nothing can save you" giving reapers 10 unblockable hits, boon rip, and big damage, every 16 seconds is absurd. The cooldown should be like 2x longer.

Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 6

2 second stun if further then 240 radius around you from and 3 seconds if in it.*

4 seconds only if you use that sigil, but there are better sigils for reaper to take

The 50% damage increase is only if you a target if also in the 24o radius around you. And it doesn't increase other melee hit, only the one from this ability

And the extra boons like quickness, you only get if also hit in 240 radius.

Unless you still have quickness from leaving shroud, the cast time in melee Range takes long

Edited by arazoth.7290
last edit lol
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If "just dodge it" was the solution then why not give it a 10s stun? If people can just dodge it then whats the harm?

Arena net, Thx for the suggestion, we will now buff it to 10 seconds 😏

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

55 minutes ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

If "just dodge it" was the solution then why not give it a 10s stun? If people can just dodge it then whats the harm?

4 seconds is reasonable. It already hits you for like 7 damage man Idk what to tell you. 

*Hand on shoulder*

Listen man sometimes you just get outplayed. Sometimes you get hit by the big wind up telegraph for 7 damage and don't have a stunbreak button, so now you have to watch yourself get executed. You played the game and lost. It's over. You will respawn soon wiser from the experience. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

4 seconds is reasonable. It already hits you for like 7 damage man Idk what to tell you. 

*Hand on shoulder*

Listen man sometimes you just get outplayed. Sometimes you get hit by the big wind up telegraph for 7 damage and don't have a stunbreak button, so now you have to watch yourself get executed. You played the game and lost. It's over. You will respawn soon wiser from the experience. 

These are true words of wisdom

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Or put up a block at the last second 

Or use that stunbreak you save for if you don't want to actively avoid the skill, true true yeah yeah

But that's not fair, I have to save a cool down while they get to use a cool down. What the heck! I just wanna ignore mechanics and get the win regardless. My raging should outweigh any skill inputs and my stubbornness should give me immunity to game mechanics!

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Paradoxoglanis.1904 said:

All on a short cooldown that you can use multiple times a fight.

I dunno, if they're able to use it multiple times a fight the reaper might not be doing its job of reaping

11 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Nah 48 is fine.  I want people to lose to it instead of having their stunbreak reset  before it does. 

A lot of stunbreaks are 30s. There aren’t that many elite skills that do what chilled to the bone does and the ones that do typically have a longer cooldown. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

A lot of stunbreaks are 30s. There aren’t that many elite skills that do what chilled to the bone does and the ones that do typically have a longer cooldown. 

True, but there are a sizeable amount of elite skills that put hard cc on you with a similar or shorter cooldown too, and given that reapers other elites all kind of suck for competitive, I'm all for them having something slightly more available. See; prime light beam, headbutt, heavens palm, impact strike etc etc

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

True, but there are a sizeable amount of elite skills that put hard cc on you with a similar or shorter cooldown too, and given that reapers other elites all kind of suck for competitive, I'm all for them having something slightly more available. See; prime light beam, headbutt, heavens palm, impact strike etc etc

Those skills are vastly inferior. Are you a necro main by any chance?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Downstate.4697 said:

Those skills are vastly inferior. Are you a necro main by any chance?

No, I just -have- a necro and know I hate picking any elite but ghastly breach and CTTB, and have never seen a CTTB I couldn't avoid ever since it was dropped into the game.

Guess what I main though. 

I think having a good but easy to see skill is fine tbh.

Those skills are vastly inferior.

Easy to see skills that hard cc you if you dont block or dodge but have low enough cd to be part of a rotation? Pardon me for disagreeing.  Cttb hits multiple people, sure, but the windup is probably one of the fairest vibe checks in the game. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

No, I just -have- a necro and know I hate picking any elite but ghastly breach and CTTB, and have never seen a CTTB I couldn't avoid ever since it was dropped into the game.

Guess what I main though. 

I think having a good but easy to see skill is fine tbh.

Easy to see skills that hard cc you if you dont block or dodge but have low enough cd to be part of a rotation? Pardon me for disagreeing.  Cttb hits multiple people, sure, but the windup is probably one of the fairest vibe checks in the game. 

Well, I think it’s fine to disagree. Anet seems to think it’s fine so I guess it is.

• Like 1

CC in this game is weird. I really don't mind having 4 second stuns, but when its 2 reapers on a team + a ranger you get chain cc'd for 12 seconds straight. They need to put diminishing returns or something . Also CC length is pretty wild when you start to notice time to kill in VERY fast on a lot of classes. Why does the reaper CC me for 4 seconds when they can blast 80% of my HP pool with a single skill lol

• Like 1

On 3/12/2024 at 5:43 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

PS: executioner scythe should finish downed opponents

while we are at it... every third auto in shroud should insta finish downed opponents and infusing terror should pulse fear for it's duration.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Ferus.3165 said:

while we are at it... every third auto in shroud should insta finish downed opponents and infusing terror should pulse fear for it's duration.

Nah. Idk if you're like... tacking on wild balance suggestions to make what I said seem unreasonable but-

Infusing terror gives you stab, that's enough to make a play. Life reap is too available for cleaving.

A 1.5 second channel on a 30 second cd that hits one person? Prime real estate for doing something other than 10 damage and chill. If you don't want the reaper to instafinish them put yourself in the way or interrupt.

Good AND it's thematic.

The animation on that skill is so kitten long that anyone who has some awareness can just run away from you, when I'm on reaper I rarely even use it, just start to cast it so I either foce some stab out or some movement

Not gonna lie, it's good when you can hide behind something and cast it from there, but in this meta where everyone is running around with stacks of stab/atleast 2 stunbreaks it's not surprising and also, it's an ELITE skill for a reason, so it has to have some impact