Suprise nerf

Shouldn't have nerfed hammer at all if in the end they were just going to nerf a elite spec trait to lower damage for tempest. Seriously they want pistol to be the only condi weapon? kitten that hodgepodge. Undo the hammer nerf entirely and it will still be in line while feeling better to play IMO. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Stealth nerf to the fire-camping Tempest build. I don’t know why they have to target it lol, it was the only LI build Eles have access to recently and it keeps being butchered. 

I’d imagine a 5% reduction will bring it down from 39k to around 35k DPS now. 

On 3/19/2024 at 5:50 PM, MrAmputatoes.6031 said:

That 44k DPS benchmark was too good lol. 10 people were pulling those numbers...

And yet again, as if Anet is incapable of learning.... nerfing traits for whole specs, when it's ACTUALLY just a new weapon overperforming is beyond my understanding.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

And yet again, as if Anet is incapable of learning.... nerfing traits for whole specs, when it's ACTUALLY just a new weapon overperforming is beyond my understanding.

If you want to argue that all elementalist specs should perform a bit higher than standard for obvious reasons, I'm with you.  But tempest was outperforming the other elementalist specs while also being the easiest to play and the best support spec.  A trim on its damage output probably wasn't unwarranted from that perspective.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

Stealth nerf to the fire-camping Tempest build. I don’t know why they have to target it lol, it was the only LI build Eles have access to recently and it keeps being butchered. 

I’d imagine a 5% reduction will bring it down from 39k to around 35k DPS now. 

There's a worse nerf for that build in the patch notes. Arcane power + grandmaster trait no longer gives any burning, which was previously a big burst of burn applied by you and 4 allies.

Edited by Chyro.1462
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2024 at 1:00 AM, Faebe.7341 said:

why the kitten am I still playing this.. and why are they not nerfing the weapon and instead all weapons, its a shame

I get you but the weapon really was only good on tepest, it was trash on weaver and a mess on catalyst. Which says a lot about things.

32 minutes ago, Serephen.3420 said:

I get you but the weapon really was only good on tepest, it was trash on weaver and a mess on catalyst. Which says a lot about things.

And it still won't be good on those specs. They could have just nerfed some pistol skills and buffed dual skills to compensate weaver. There, done.

But what about catalyst you may ask? The weapon simply does not work with the spec so it's just an irrelevant consideration. And if we are being realistic catalyst has needed a rework since day 1. Who cares really?

Edited by Emberheart.8426

10 minutes ago, Emberheart.8426 said:

And it still won't be good on those specs. They could have just needed some pistol skills and buffed dual skills to compensate weaver. There, done.

But what about catalyst you may ask? The weapon simply does not work with the spec so it's just an irrelevant consideration. And if we are being realistic catalyst has needed a rework since day 1. Who cares really?

I know...that's the whole point....personally I think pistol would have been better being condi burst focused than condi duration, it's only good for long duration fights with long or no phases. I wasn't calling for tempest to be nerfed, though the reality should be weaver and catalyst should be at least similarily or more rewarding in the more offensive specs but not sure if that will ever happen. 

Edited by Serephen.3420

I guess they don't want ele player to use pistol. Same could be said for what they did wvw tempest alacrity effectively "don't use this" trate. That how i am going to start looking at these nerfs.

9 hours ago, Markus.6415 said:

Follow the money.  When something becomes too strong, Anet is faced with a dilemma: nerf the new shiny toy that they're trying to sell you, or nerf other things so the shiny new toy is in line, but it is also still the best option.  Companies will almost always go with the latter decision.  

On 3/21/2024 at 5:23 AM, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Follow the money.  When something becomes too strong, Anet is faced with a dilemma: nerf the new shiny toy that they're trying to sell you, or nerf other things so the shiny new toy is in line, but it is also still the best option.  Companies will almost always go with the latter decision.  

Yeah unfortunately it does make sense. Except that pistol is not new and shiny, it's some patched together decade old scrap material repainted with a glossy finish.

• Like 2

On 3/21/2024 at 1:07 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

If you want to argue that all elementalist specs should perform a bit higher than standard for obvious reasons, I'm with you.  But tempest was outperforming the other elementalist specs while also being the easiest to play and the best support spec.  A trim on its damage output probably wasn't unwarranted from that perspective.

No, that's not even close to what i was trying to say. They released the pistol and with the pistol a tempest build emerged with a ridiculous high dps rate you can only achieve when you use the pistol. It's not that high if you use a scepter or a dagger, it is a dps build with the pistol. A sane person might get the conclusion that it maaaaay be the pistol that actually needs some tuning, to make it balanced with the other 900 ranged condi weapon. Instead of nerfing the whole condi tempest.

But i guess.... what's less effort for the balance team to do? Adjust 1 trait or go through a couple of weapon abilities and fumble around with coefficients.

24 minutes ago, Markus.6415 said:

No, that's not even close to what i was trying to say. They released the pistol and with the pistol a tempest build emerged with a ridiculous high dps rate you can only achieve when you use the pistol. It's not that high if you use a scepter or a dagger, it is a dps build with the pistol. A sane person might get the conclusion that it maaaaay be the pistol that actually needs some tuning, to make it balanced with the other 900 ranged condi weapon. Instead of nerfing the whole condi tempest.

But i guess.... what's less effort for the balance team to do? Adjust 1 trait or go through a couple of weapon abilities and fumble around with coefficients.

Ctemp was kinda overperforming when it came to overall dps/boon output when compared to the other ele elite specs, so it kinda made sense that way. And keeping the pistol BiS for ctemp kinda makes sense due to the lack of synergy with Weaver/catalyst. 

Compared to some other completely OP professions/especs the nerf was however completely unnecessary 

51 minutes ago, Markus.6415 said:

Condi tempest was dealing a bit too much damage relative to other elementalist specs.  A shave to its DPS was appropriate.

• Like 1