why would you give untamed an unleash that heals, a weapon that gives barrier and resets to give barrier again, and a leap finisher daze..this is asinine

now all cantrips give barrier, protect me barrier, turtle projectile block, untamed cloud projectile block, tons of leap finishers for heal spring with sword, warhorn, and mace. 

what gives? herald isn't even allowed to get condi removal unless we spec into shield or give up stability on stun breaks. 

in the future, all balance changes should come with visual examples of what is wrong, why its being fixed, and why the new change is being implemented. 

we need some accountability around here. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

3 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Simply answer...... they want Ranger to be melee xd.

Yes, actually agree here.  Hell or highwater they're pushing melee ranger.

It's not just Untamed, any Ranger spec can turn into an unkillable bunker right now.  

I actually hate it as I'm sick of the overbuff/nerf pattern they do on Ranger.  It's obvious kitten too--so yes, for once I mostly actually agree with Eddie.  Like they literally made Carnivore knowing how much CC ranger can output and went 'welp we'll see how this goes' when we KNOW how it's going to go.  

Really, I can't overstate how annoyed I am right now with state of Ranger.  Because at some point they will nerf these new traits and Ranger will be left out of every mAT again and all high-level play.  It's either Ranger is super broken or super useless that only sees play by those of us that just hard main them and play nothing else.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yes, actually agree here.  Hell or highwater they're pushing melee ranger.

It's not just Untamed, any Ranger spec can turn into an unkillable bunker right now.  

I actually hate it as I'm sick of the overbuff/nerf pattern they do on Ranger.  It's obvious kitten too--so yes, for once I mostly actually agree with Eddie.  Like they literally made Carnivore knowing how much CC ranger can output and went 'welp we'll see how this goes' when we KNOW how it's going to go.  

Really, I can't overstate how annoyed I am right now with state of Ranger.  Because at some point they will nerf these new traits and Ranger will be left out of every mAT again and all high-level play.  It's either Ranger is super broken or super useless that only sees play by those of us that just hard main them and play nothing else.  

I'm with ya. Why do the buffs and nerfs swing so far? It's ridiculous.  Maybe I'm being a little TIN FOIL HAT....is it possible they do this intentionally so they can in turn make Ranger useless?

Remember Druidic Clarity? Removed 13 condis and nerfed down to 3. So much for incremental adjustments.

Puts me into a bit of a pickle. Do I play the NEW OP specs to compete? And then get devastated by the nerfs. Or just play something decent, underperform but not be disappointed when nerfs come?

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, EnderzShadow.2506 said:

I'm with ya. Why do the buffs and nerfs swing so far? It's ridiculous.  Maybe I'm being a little TIN FOIL HAT....is it possible they do this intentionally so they can in turn make Ranger useless?

Remember Druidic Clarity? Removed 13 condis and nerfed down to 3. So much for incremental adjustments.

Puts me into a bit of a pickle. Do I play the NEW OP specs to compete? And then get devastated by the nerfs. Or just play something decent, underperform but not be disappointed when nerfs come?

I'd play what's new as its the direction they are pushing ranger anyway.  If/when they do nerf it, you'll get to play the 'something decent' part...

It is pretty unique but I can speak to the downsides of Mace. 

It is a power and healing weapon while most of the Ranger kit is Condition based especially if you want to do some real damage in PvP.  Most of the power builds are a byproduct of a few utilities like sic em or the new force of nature. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

On 3/20/2024 at 11:52 PM, Myror.7521 said:

Simply answer...... they want Ranger to be melee xd. Idk but it feels kinda like a warrior with more burst and less self sustain.

Yes tbh, melee ranger/untamed is just a warrior with cool animals. Both work the same way in principle, be bruiser type while doing CCs to secure damage