"Guys, why did you stop playing?"

Sometimes you need to assess the quality of your teammates and act accordingly. In this situation, capping is the worst thing you could do because you're idle. Your best bet is to keep killing your opponents with (whatever little help from) teammates and keep snowballing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, Scatchtape.5109 said:

My brother in Christ--(respectfully), why did you stand there swapping to short bow and let them beat your kitten?

OP was clearly busy having the most map awareness™ among all 10 players of that match and coaching his team clearly took such a mental toll that the only course of action for the character itself was dry catching the point on top of AoE fields...there's a reason coaches stay on the bench OP, and there's a reason players leave an uncapped point to snowball teamfights if they know their teammates can't make it 🙂 

• Confused 1

Under 100 to 500 is normal gaming in ranked game. You play as gold 1 gamer vs top 200 in EU ranked. Pupolation is veryvery very low in gw2 pvp EU. i have from 10 matches, 2 matches with good teams all ather win ore loses under 100 to 500 in ranked.

It shouldn't just put people who are rated close to each other on the same team but also AP. I hate seeing some with less then a thousand AP is so disheartening knowing that person probably is new, and you are a 10+ yr veteran in pvp, and that low AP person does not have enough of anything to face off against anyone decent. And then having that person on your team two more times. That's my experience these days in ranked.

Spoiler

Hit this by accident I don't know hot to remove it.

11 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Sometimes you need to assess the quality of your teammates and act accordingly. In this situation, capping is the worst thing you could do because you're idle. Your best bet is to keep killing your opponents with (whatever little help from) teammates and keep snowballing.

These players can't distinguish AI from real players and don't have object permanence. They don't do any research to be useful (e.g. good build, game mode mechanics) and think nodes cap faster with more people. They treb and cap Djinn buffs unironically. They don't understand how respawns work, what rotations are, or that there's a map in the corner. If there's a single enemy in their horse-blinded LOS, every single one of them will zerg it down at the expense of every other objective.

Your advice only works for carry type builds, which favor certain classes. If I play anything resembling support (like Shortbow Engi), that means giving more agency to the bad players,  letting them dictate where to be. And I guarantee you, they have 2+ semi-competent players to my 1. One decapper on the enemy team equals a loss.

• Confused 1

Nah, we'd need to see the full chat log to know what's going on here.

Conclusion just based on the snarky tone of the vid--there's a cut between when you get '2v0' cap help and the war running away, guessing you typed something like 'LEAVE'? 

As them standing up there didn't look like stupidity it looked like they were either angry with you or hesitant at what you want, as a lot of people don't like getting yelled at in chat.  

I'd be confused too, as playing roamer builds and expecting support doesn't make sense.  If you are a roamer, don't stand on points and die (decap them only, leave, and go +1)--if you are a duelist, you better stay on the point and not die.  Support is for teamfight builds, and from this vid you don't seem like the type to want to do that.  

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Nah, we'd need to see the full chat log to know what's going on here.

Conclusion just based on the snarky tone of the vid--there's a cut between when you get '2v0' cap help and the war running away, guessing you typed something like 'LEAVE'? 

As them standing up there didn't look like stupidity it looked like they were either angry with you or hesitant at what you want, as a lot of people don't like getting yelled at in chat.  

I'd be confused too, as playing roamer builds and expecting support doesn't make sense.  If you are a roamer, don't stand on points and die (decap them only, leave, and go +1)--if you are a duelist, you better stay on the point and not die.  Support is for teamfight builds, and from this vid you don't seem like the type to want to do that.  

There is no time cut in the video except for the very end screenshots of the warrior asking about throws and the deadeye being rude.

There is a zoom in on me saying "yeah that's a clone" and it zooms back out. The chat log is visible the entire time.

I get that you're confused. You seem confused often. And no offense, any experienced player can watch 30 seconds of your videos like I did before, and conclude that you're in no position to give PvP advice. I only reiterate this because you insist on giving it. I offered to point out why I say this before, but if I recall correctly you refused or didn't respond.

Good luck out there.

Edited by bethekey.8314
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

The only thing funnier than someone coming to 2v0 cap with you is when you go to leave and then they ALSO leave without capping like a lemming 💀

You have to have a little mental box that says "in case team is washed break glass" and all you do is 2v1 people when you flip that switch

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I get that you're confused. You seem confused often. And no offense, any experienced player can watch 30 seconds of your videos like I did before, and conclude that you're in no position to give PvP advice. I only reiterate this because you insist on giving it. I offered to point out why I say this before, but if I recall correctly you refused or didn't respond.

Thanks for proving the point of why your team quits on you; sorry man but posting whine vids like this does nothing for your image 😂

Also...

1 hour ago, bethekey.8314 said:

There is no time cut in the video except for the very end screenshots of the warrior asking about throws and the deadeye being rude.

Gee, wonder why they'd be typing about throwing when you're getting t-bagged on point 2v1 then I'm assuming go afk (based on the topic title).

Regardless, "Pros" don't trauma dump on the forums my dude

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Thanks for proving the point of why your team quits on you; sorry man but posting whine vids like this does nothing for your image 😂

Also...

Gee, wonder why they'd be typing about throwing when you're getting t-bagged on point 2v1 then I'm assuming go afk (based on the topic title).

Regardless, "Pros" don't trauma dump on the forums my dude

I can see the irony of the Hammer Warrior went over your head. You see, the very inept Warrior who asked why others were throwing, was himself throwing all game. Much like how you pretend to know anything about PvP while posting awful gameplay.

I'm sorry if I'm the only person honest enough to tell you.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I can see the irony of the Hammer Warrior went over your head. You see, the very inept Warrior who asked why others were throwing, was himself throwing all game.

Throwing...you mean like playing shortbow engi? 

You can Ad Hominem all you want, doesn't explain away the fact you posted a video of you dying and blaming your team at rank 478...

💀

• Confused 2

10 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I can see the irony of the Hammer Warrior going over your head. You see, the very inept Warrior who asked why others were throwing, was himself throwing all game. Much like how you pretend to know anything about PvP while posting awful gameplay.

My man, you are blaming everyone else; instead of figuring out what you could change yourself to get better-- please stop playing; that would be a 10/10 outcome.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Cata/war/scourge/virtuoso/(maybe)druid/

These are the classes you should let fullcap while you roam elsewhere. Mostly because you're eons more mobile. Heck, even if they're no where near you, it's almost always better to just decap. The number of times a player fullcaps while mid gets wiped by a single +1, is countless.

If some one screams in mapchat telling you to full cap... these are the same people who foam at the mouth the very moment they see a Chieftan PvE creature and gracefully manages to get it stolen. Then say, "bUt tHeY'rE wOrTh 25 PoInTs" while they stare at their dead partner at home lol.

Love the range of responses here. The clearly called out, the trolls, and the naive optimists who act as if optimal play and team roles apply with teammates like this.

20 hours ago, Frequency.6407 said:

Sometimes you need to assess the quality of your teammates and act accordingly.

This is correct, generally. I want to believe that there are still some worthwhile people on the forums. I see only a few.

3 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Bro who cares. You're taping your allies in an unranked match, taking the time to upload it on the forums, and complaining about it... there's grass outside that you should touch

No one forces you to watch or reply and yet, here you are all the same, weirdly interested in getting others to fondle plants. Keep to yourself if you don't care haha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

I can see the irony of the Hammer Warrior went over your head. You see, the very inept Warrior who asked why others were throwing, was himself throwing all game. Much like how you pretend to know anything about PvP while posting awful gameplay.

Your team was ahead in points. You afk'd and let them kill you because you didn't press anything....

If you only tried to stay alive, your team would have joined you and then you had won the 3v2 but now you threw it.

You come here to whine about people playing ''bad'' while you're the one who really threw the match. What a joke 😂

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, arazoth.7290 said:

You come here to whine about people playing ''bad'' while you're the one who really threw the match.

Swell logic there bud. If you dress up a monkey in a football uniform, put him on the field as quarterback, and he fails miserably at every game aspect to the point the rest quit, I'm sure you'd say the others were the problem too. Now make half the team monkeys. Guess why the game was even close?

I can't control matchmaking. They can learn basic game mode mechanics like 2+ on an empty node doesn't make it cap faster / rotation.

Keep deluding yourself with stories about a game you were never in.

Edited by bethekey.8314

3 hours ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Love the range of responses here. The clearly called out, the trolls, and the naive optimists who act as if optimal play and team roles apply with teammates like this.

This is correct, generally. I want to believe that there are still some worthwhile people on the forums. I see only a few.

No one forces you to watch or reply and yet, here you are all the same, weirdly interested in getting others to fondle plants. Keep to yourself if you don't care haha.

Optimal play and team roles apply whenever you play well, otherwise you wouldn't die so fast in a 1vX on a mobile class - your team would then only lose if the enemy had someone who could fight larger 1vX fights than you. It doesn't matter how much you think you're correct if you're showing footage of yourself straight up dying on top of a point. If you really think your teammates have that much impact that you can only watch them play live and get distracted, then start playing premade/duo only, but I suspect there's other things in there that could improve

• Thanks 1