Any Norns feel out of place sometimes?

My female norn is the smallest height, but look as tall as I would like human character to get

My norn looks more human than norn

There's one body type available that looks not so "norn'ish"

Edited by jokke.6239

The few norn I have are the shortest possible females. I can't take their plodding pace. I know they move the same speed, but it doesn't feel that way. 

I'd play more asura if they weren't so small, making fashion wars pointless on them.

So mostly humans with a few salads tossed in for variety. 

No, because I don't create oversized characters nor further make it worse with a tonic. I have multiple norn characters and none of them look out of place. Maybe don't make your characters so ugly?

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

Not really.  I like being all big and strong.  I have 3 norn, and two of them are maximum height.  I wanted to make the norn to be larger than life, so I made them to be as big as they could get.  If I don't want to be that big, I just playing many of the other races.  Which is... unfortunate for the other races, because I always want to be that big.  

• Like 2

One of my main characters is a max height female norn and she's never felt out of place. I have occasionally mistaken short asura characters for large mini pets (I'd probably do the same with my asura if I ever saw them side by side) but I don't think it's ever affected my perception of the game as a whole.

But maybe it helps that I've had 4 characters since day 1 (charr, human, sylvari and norn) and added an asura a couple of months later and I've always gone between different ones (those and the others I've made) instead of sticking to 1.

• Like 1

On 4/1/2024 at 5:43 AM, Holmindeboks.3490 said:

Before i made characters as small as possible so it looks that they run faster (before we had mounts) 

its neat that height affects the mount run animation as well. Small mounts appear to be running faster than big ones who have longer strides. It's a nice touch and a clever gimmick.

Edited by KindredPhoenyx.8976

I have an stupid amount of characters on my account, so have plenty of Norns.  My Norn females are max height and so are the males.  I find it fun when I am on the Norns that I'm the tallest creature at the bank line for example, especially since I am short irl! 😆   Conversely, I do get somewhat annoyed when on my Asura and a Norn or Charr comes over and stands on my head the entire time.  I move so my view is not blocked, but then another does it 2 sec later.  I wonder that they just don't see me since I don't do this on mine, but I guess stepping on Asura is fun for some people, lol.

27 minutes ago, Surelia.2651 said:

I have an stupid amount of characters on my account, so have plenty of Norns.  My Norn females are max height and so are the males.  I find it fun when I am on the Norns that I'm the tallest creature at the bank line for example, especially since I am short irl! 😆   Conversely, I do get somewhat annoyed when on my Asura and a Norn or Charr comes over and stands on my head the entire time.  I move so my view is not blocked, but then another does it 2 sec later.  I wonder that they just don't see me since I don't do this on mine, but I guess stepping on Asura is fun for some people, lol.

I suspect a lot of people do it to everyone and just don't care because it doesn't affect the game mechanics. Stacking doesn't prevent anyone from using the bank, and I doubt anyone is using 1st person camera at the bank. If someone doesn't care about being able to see their own character it probably doesn't occur to them that other people do.

Add in the fact that bankers are often in small spaces and you often have to crowd around them to get to the NPC.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Only time I felt oversized playing as a norn was when my PVP team consisted of my max-height norn...and four asura. Running out of the starting gate was hysterical: it looked like I was trying so hard not to step on any of the lil ankle-biters, especially because they all decided to crowd around my feet in a tight blob for a good long while out of the gate. 😂 

• Haha 1

On 3/31/2024 at 9:26 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

One of my main characters is a max height female norn and she's never felt out of place. I have occasionally mistaken short asura characters for large mini pets (I'd probably do the same with my asura if I ever saw them side by side) but I don't think it's ever affected my perception of the game as a whole.

I have a minimum height asura with a mini pet that's taller than him. 😄

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I have a minimum height asura with a mini pet that's taller than him. 😄

Yeah there's a few minis taller than a minimum height asura.  Mine's had that before, although she's gotten into wearing very tall helmets, so it doesn't happen as often now.