Playing without Reveal is like playing without stunbreak

3 hours ago, GuriGashi.5617 said:

Add some reveal to frequently played weapon sets across all classes. Feels weird to know that some classes essentially don‘t have any counterplay against stealth.

You play guard isn't it? Just play dh, and poof, no more thief. That's a real counter here.

All classes have access to reveal excepted thief mesmer and elem. Elem, no one cares, and mesmer and thief has also access to stealth so..

• Like 3

If you want more revealed access so that it can be slotted into builds beyond what it currently is, I'd like more access to block/protection so that when people roll up on me with rotations that reveal me and take away my damage abilities just by being in the same general area, I don't crumple instantly. 

Fair's fair right? You get to see thieves more, and thieves get to live while being seen. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

If you want more revealed access so that it can be slotted into builds beyond what it currently is, I'd like more access to block/protection so that when people roll up on me with rotations that reveal me and take away my damage abilities just by being in the same general area, I don't crumple instantly. 

Fair's fair right? You get to see thieves more, and thieves get to live while being seen. 

he would like theif to become rev 🙂

2 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Completly agreed with you, but for reading this forum for years now, I know for a fact that thoses people do not want anny kind of fair traids regarding thief, they just want it gutted, and deleted from this game.

Remoove access to stealth or add some reveal? At the very moment they'll get killed by a thief, they'll come here again and complain about thiefs having again: too much damage/evade/mobility or both and ask for multiples nerfs (see sword dagguer, sword pistol, staff builds with no stealth in it).
We're used to it now, we know the drill.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Completly agreed with you, but for reading this forum for years now, I know for a fact that thoses people do not want anny kind of fair traids regarding thief, they just want it gutted, and deleted from this game.

Remoove access to stealth or add some reveal? At the very moment they'll get killed by a thief, they'll come here again and complain about thiefs having again: too much damage/evade/mobility or both and ask for multiples nerfs (see sword dagguer, sword pistol, staff builds with no stealth in it).

Sounds like youve been reading only what you want to read then. Ive seen a number of posts asking for such a trade off. People are far less anoyed fighting something that does not target drop or evade every other second. Think about it.. thief and mesmer, the most annoying classes in the game, wonder why? The only thing that comes close on the opposite end of the spectrum is SPB, you can see it, but why bother getting into melee with it, becuase every other second you can't hit it. Thats also just as annoying, and only people playing thief/mesmer/spb tend to think its "fun".

Edited by Flowki.7194

43 minutes ago, whooot.5784 said:

Seeing as how people currently complain about willbender alot too, you are correct. 

5 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

This is fair, but Azure, you do know that Anet will give thief more blinds instead of more protection and blocks.

• Like 5

It not just stealth, it's stealth + ports, then weapon skills, dodges, heals that remove pretty much any soft CC (big one is immob) + blinds (pistol field, utils like blinding powder, etc.).  

There's no counter here except bunker and laugh as they lose decap / cap to stealth and roll / port around trying to dent you--but I really don't think that's great game design.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/2/2024 at 4:17 PM, whooot.5784 said:

You play guard isn't it? Just play dh, and poof, no more thief. That's a real counter here.

All classes have access to reveal excepted thief mesmer and elem. Elem, no one cares, and mesmer and thief has also access to stealth so..

I am not complaining about Thief, I know that Spear of Justice is great against stealth and I think Dragonhunter has a good time against most specs with stealth.

What I am saying is to make Reveal available on easy to access weapon skills across all classes, because it would enable counterplay against stealth as a mechanic. Best case scenario would be if every build had 1 weapon skill which applies Reveal

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, Tycura.1982 said:

I propose we remove all stealth entirely and give weapon evades to thief that compete with damage. Mesmer gets nothing.

Excellent idea. I propose we remove sword/x 3 and replace it with an evade of some kind. There's also room for an evade on shortbow 3, staff 3 and 5, and axe 3 is in dire need of buffs and could use an evade on the 3 skill. d/d 3 could also use an evade.

I think if we added evades to all these weapons and then nerfed thief damage to compensate and removed all stealth access, the balance would be much better. 

15 minutes ago, Curennos.9307 said:

Excellent idea. I propose we remove sword/x 3 and replace it with an evade of some kind. There's also room for an evade on shortbow 3, staff 3 and 5, and axe 3 is in dire need of buffs and could use an evade on the 3 skill. d/d 3 could also use an evade.

I think if we added evades to all these weapons and then nerfed thief damage to compensate and removed all stealth access, the balance would be much better. 

A man after my own heart

On 4/2/2024 at 5:43 AM, GuriGashi.5617 said:

some classes essentially don‘t have any counterplay against stealth.

i hate to be the contrarian redditor, but ermm... what would be the point in stealth if you could just reveal them?

i am hijacking this thread, the real issue is mobility, superspeed should be kitten into oblivion, ports are cringe unless its dark path then its wholesome big chungus.

i would suggest trying wh and that cpc'esque skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shield_of_the_Avenger to stop blind spam or de from murdering you or eating through ur aegis, as willbender, or just play dh and spam trueshot; i dunno what guardians thought process is when they choose utilities.

when im playing reaper, and im dealing with stealth i just sit on gs and try to los or get on terrain so they dont steal from me, i just always assume the thief is near me if i dont see him on the mini map or if my team or i have killed them.

Edited by Nihil.9817

On 4/4/2024 at 11:57 AM, Sinister.5792 said:

people complain because they cant kill a thief… meanwhile im literally selling builds for 100g guaranteed to kill a thief 😂😂😂

Anyone can kill u on thief you feed avg 8 times per game