Finding someone to Pay for Jumping Puzzle

I need help with an old jumping puzzle.  No one ever advertises that they are doing this particular jumping puzzle in "looking for a group". I did not want to use this forum as a way to advertise my willingness to pay someone to do this puzzle to help me, but I would love some ideas on how to find a player that does jumping puzzles for gold. How do I find such a player? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Have you tried putting an advert in LFG asking for someone to help you with the puzzle? LFG can work both ways, adverts don't have to be started by the person who is going to lead, it can be asking for help too.

Alternatively if you can tell us whether you're on an NA or EU server and which puzzle it is someone here may be able to help you.

Posted (edited)

I thought the LFG function was for people forming squads. I did not know you could use it without a commander tag. I am looking to get the mursaat tokens from Chalice of Tears. I could only get to the second checkpoint before giving up. I have dyspraxia and it makes jumping puzzles a nightmare for me. I wish there was a better workaround  accommodation for dyspraxia. Thanks for the tip. 

I am in NA on the Crystal Desert server. 

Edited by Ophidia Moonstone.2587
  • Haha 1

Post your own LFG, ask in cities if anyone has a character parked there or would be willing to help, ask in guilds.  That one is difficult for many even without any impairments or health conditions.

Yes, anyone can post in LFG.  Doesn't matter how big or small your group is.  One person or 50.  

Edited by Farohna.6247
  • Like 3

That one is a bit trickier I believe, as there are a few checkpoints that you have to hit... Assistance through a series of portals is available, but I find there is often help that isn't advertised through LFG... Visit Ember Bay during peak times and watch/ask through map chat... Give it 20 minutes or so, and spend some time working other events, etc., as unlike some of the current weeklies, you're not going to find 6 tags camping the summit... 

• Like 2

also keep track on when Ember Bay is the daily LW3 map, then there will be more activity on the map and more likely someone that will offer portals or that knows someone that can help. i would but am on EU, don't thinkt it would be worth the transfer.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Ophidia Moonstone.2587 said:

I thought the LFG function was for people forming squads. I did not know you could use it without a commander tag. I am looking to get the mursaat tokens from Chalice of Tears. I could only get to the second checkpoint before giving up. I have dyspraxia and it makes jumping puzzles a nightmare for me. I wish there was a better workaround  accommodation for dyspraxia. Thanks for the tip. 

Unfortunately I can't help with that one because my NA account only has the core game and doesn't have a character who can teleport, but I'm sure you'll be able to find someone.

And yeah, anyone can use the LFG tool. Without a commander tag you can't make a 50 player squad, but you can make a 5 player party or 10 player squad and that's more than enough for a lot of things. Or you can say in the advert that you're also looking for someone with a commander tag to create the squad.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ophidia Moonstone.2587 said:

I recently did Chalice of Tears on my mesmer and had portals for myself for jumps I usually fail in that specific JP.. towards the very end, the final cliff, there was another player at the top who offered to drop down with their portals, and I got to the top for the chest. I was there just to get the JP done on my NA account and also for the mursaat tokens, and then I saw the same player posted in map chat they were there to help people around. They obviously knew the map very well for the tokens and we ran around and got the 4-5 tokens in the JP done in a matter of 5-10 minutes. There was never any request for a tip, but I made a generous gold donation towards the end for the time and effort it saved me finding all those spots again on my own ; I did it the hard way once on my main EU account, so breezing through was nice just here 😄

So, if you post in the LFG, make sure you also hang about in the Ember Bay map during peak hours for NA, because if you're lucky, I think there's players frequently hanging about exactly this map and some of the others, like Draconis Mons, etc. that offer help to new players.

• Like 5

On 4/4/2024 at 5:33 PM, Ophidia Moonstone.2587 said:

I thought the LFG function was for people forming squads.

LFG can be used for whatever suits your purpose. The only time I've used LFG in the past few years is when I'm looking to buy Silverwaste shovels for Guildhall purposes. If other players don't like your LFG party/squad, they're welcome not to join it.

I recently did this jp twice for the mursaat tokens. Twice because the first time through I missed a bunch (lol). The second time was 100% solo on my necromancer: no help at all needed.   The first time I got some help from another player on a mesmer doing the jp at the same time as me. While he did bail me out 2-3 times with portals the biggest thing he showed me was the jumping technique itself. Many jumps can’t be done “normally” because you have to  jump around a corner or obstacle sticking out from the wall and you need to abuse gw2’s impossible physics where you jump angled slightly away from a wall but mid air keyboard turn towards the wall and this lets you curve in flight to go around a corner/obstacle. 

my suggestion is this
- get the Prototype Position Rewinder and learn how to use it for max effect *

- use a utility ability that gives a perm move speed buff  (just 1 ability because move speed boons do not stack). Move buffs allow you to jump farther and in a couple places that’s needed  

- load up on condition cleansing skills for the early part of the jp  You need to cleanse the burning frequently that you get out you can die  

- use blish or taco overlay with tekkits markers to give you a highly possible route  through the jp. It’s not perfect and in a small number of places it’s better to use a different starting location to start the jump. The spot you jump to is still the preferred destination every time though 

- optional use a necro or mesmer.  both have 2nd chance abilities that work in jp’s (spectral walk and portal)  don’t really need them if you have the position Rewinder  

* The Protype Position Rewinder has 2 abilities (1-save position, 2-rewind position) and they have independent timers.  Hit 1 and it starts a 30 second timer, make a jump, hit 1 again to save the new location and it resets the timer!!! This means that as long as you don’t die and don’t unequip the position Rewinder you can run through the jp constantly saving your position. So if you miss a jump and rewind putting 2 on cd, you can wait a second or 2. Save your position again with 1 (resetting its timer) then try again before the 2 ability comes off cd. If you miss again, simply wait out the cd of rewind which now has less time remaining than the 1 ability timer. 

practice on an easy jp and you will make the chalice of sorrows your b—

Edited by Tinker.6924
  • Like 1