just get rid of base capture mode

the 2v2 or 3v3 deathmatch season is sooooo much more fun than base capping.

the matches are too long, they are usually over in the first 30 seconds and then its just sitting around 5 mins waiting to win or lose.

the best builds are usually ones that run between points faster and not actually fighters which is why i've been able to scrape by for 12 years.

just get rid of this mode. it should ONLY be deathmatch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 2

you know what?  fk it!  lets go!

A meta balanced around Diffrent builds fighting eachother is alot more enjoyable for your average jimmy, compared to a balance that evolves around the ability of builds to hold tiny circles and rotate between them.

You know... better player wins the 1v1 type of thingy... and not the  " are you sidenoder?   no?  then you cant beat this sidenoder! And now run to the next circle and decap that, you filthy thief enjoyer" type of thing we got going on right now.

Sadly its roouuuughly a bajillion years to late for that.....   

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I’d be okay with it if they changed some of the mechanics of 2v2 and 3v3.

Not a fan of people running super tanks to run out the timer. I think a better solution is to increase damage after a certain amount of time.

Maps could have an objective. Each map could have a node in the middle that spawns on timers or once certain conditions are met that provide buffs to your team if it’s won.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

the 2v2 or 3v3 deathmatch season is sooooo much more fun than base capping.

the matches are too long, they are usually over in the first 30 seconds and then its just sitting around 5 mins waiting to win or lose.

the best builds are usually ones that run between points faster and not actually fighters which is why i've been able to scrape by for 12 years.

just get rid of this mode. it should ONLY be deathmatch

doesn't v3 and v2 season seem really long even though its short.  I don't mind death match to spice up between seasons.  If that's all there was things would get stale.   

I think they need to fix mobility creep.   I mean my class was designed to be fast, I can't chase down a warrior.  Cause I have fair access to super speed if I burn every gyro at the wrong time, but it doesn't actually let me even catch a class that can't port cause of movement skills these days.   And if I do catch a warrior... well then I have to hit it 30 times and hope it doesn't land more than one CC on me the entire time.... but that's not the point.  The point is that mobility creep made zerging a viable thing.   We all talk about power creep, but I think its giving everyone too much mobility that made the dynamics of having different points you'd have to commit to strategically meaningless.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Downstate.4697 said:

I’d be okay with it if they changed some of the mechanics of 2v2 and 3v3.

Not a fan of people running super tanks to run out the timer. I think a better solution is to increase damage after a certain amount of time.

Maps could have an objective. Each map could have a node in the middle that spawns on timers or once certain conditions are met that provide buffs to your team if it’s won.

At half time left. everyone gets demon queen procced on them. 

I don't play this game because I am bored and done with conquest. I don't play the 2v2 and 3v3 seasons cause the game isn't balanced around those kinds of fights. Pvp does not get the attention it needs to succeed. They didn't give pvp the proper attention when they were trying to do the ESL thing and they are not going to change now 10+ years later. This game mode has died out. And nothing short of bi-weekly attention to balance will keep me playing.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

you know what?  fk it!  lets go!

A meta balanced around Diffrent builds fighting eachother is alot more enjoyable for your average jimmy, compared to a balance that evolves around the ability of builds to hold tiny circles and rotate between them.

You know... better player wins the 1v1 type of thingy... and not the  " are you sidenoder?   no?  then you cant beat this sidenoder! And now run to the next circle and decap that, you filthy thief enjoyer" type of thing we got going on right now.

My brother - Amen. 5v5 is from an E-sports focused era that frankly isn't relevant. I would love to see deathmatch - and also with bigger maps. Death match only but in maps life temple. No Nodes. Would make for a wild experience. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2024 at 10:14 AM, Pttf.2467 said:

they could at least perma implement the game mode,I don't like it, but some ppl do

Yeah I think having conquest is fundamental but at least having 3v3 perma as another option isn’t the dumbest idea.

Imo GW2 should just in general have way more pvp modes - why not just make 2v2 and 3v3 permanent as an unranked queue and give unranked season rewards as well? Maybe directly get progress for season rewards (at a lower pace maybe?) or copy-paste the chests without ranked specific drops such as the ascended shards of glory if Anet really wants to keep the "good" stuff locked behind ranked.
And FINALLY make GvG its own game mode... Poor guilds who have to set up their own fights in WvW.. Could be a generic 20v20 or 50v50 or whatever imo where you can sign up with your zerg, then also non-guilds can join or smaller guilds can team up with randoms to make fights slightly more even.

Idgaf about longer queue times due to the split queue at all either. The game mode is dead so queue times are not great anyway and even if the queue pops quickly it's a kitten match because the mm couldn't even form proper teams.. And Stronghold also exists and is played, we already have a working split queue so this argument was non-sense from the very beginning.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On 4/9/2024 at 2:25 PM, Sahne.6950 said:

You know... better player wins the 1v1 type of thingy... and not the  " are you sidenoder?   no?  then you cant beat this sidenoder! And now run to the next circle and decap that, you filthy thief enjoyer" type of thing we got going on right now

As much as I am a fan of making deathmatch permanent and having it receive more content, wouldnt deathmatch without any balance changes from now kind of reinforce that situation?

I mean, you definitely can cook a unique deathmatch build and this type of buildcraft is something that should only be encouraged, but with absolutely no secondary objectives, I feel like individual match ups can screw one over harder than in Conquest.

Granted that forgoing Conquest would also mean that the "traditional" roles are also gone. Still, Id be up to have deathmatch up permanently if it wont cause major queue issues 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, DoomNexus.5324 said:

Imo GW2 should just in general have way more pvp modes - why not just make 2v2 and 3v3 permanent as an unranked queue and give unranked season rewards as well? Maybe directly get progress for season rewards (at a lower pace maybe?) or copy-paste the chests without ranked specific drops such as the ascended shards of glory if Anet really wants to keep the "good" stuff locked behind ranked.
And FINALLY make GvG its own game mode... Poor guilds who have to set up their own fights in WvW.. Could be a generic 20v20 or 50v50 or whatever imo where you can sign up with your zerg, then also non-guilds can join or smaller guilds can team up with randoms to make fights slightly more even.

Idgaf about longer queue times due to the split queue at all either. The game mode is dead so queue times are not great anyway and even if the queue pops quickly it's a kitten match because the mm couldn't even form proper teams.. And Stronghold also exists and is played, we already have a working split queue so this argument was non-sense from the very beginning.

This is beautiful comment and its getting confused reacts. This post is literally just offering ideas to put life blood into the mode. in the game and people are confused by it... Just so were clear this is why our mode ate itself. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Bladestrom.6425 said:

Death match = x people standing on a spot (or is that running around pillars)  spamming their faces off on 'next target' .  Thats PVP for dummies.

You're also not allowed to dodge while you both stand on a pillar in melee range