Mount that provides stealth

Recently, the boundary in the division of roles in GW2 has blurred, many classes are now "multi-class" or simpl jack of all trades like Engi.

There are classes that provide almost everything just like mounts, we have shield, heal, CC, pull, AoE dmg so why we don't have mount which can provide stealth?

It reached me when I was collecting resources as a herald, perma Quick and Swift (66% with relic) make him great to do this, but constant aggro from monster and no chance to skip them annoys.

So tell me, mount that provides stealth would be a good idea?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, badyl.5831 said:

There are classes that provide almost everything just like mounts, we have shield, heal, CC, pull, AoE dmg so why we don't have mount which can provide stealth?

Quick guess here: because the effects you just listed provide support in combat (engage abilities), while stealth avoids combat. So you'd be dismounting with engage ability to... disengage? Doesn't make sense to me. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Well, mirage, thief support stealth playstyle even in PvE.

But let's be realistic how many times you used Jackal in real action? Because I only him at one specific HP in HoT (beside portals).

• Confused 8
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, badyl.5831 said:

Recently, the boundary in the division of roles in GW2 has blurred, many classes are now "multi-class" or simpl jack of all trades like Engi.

It reached me when I was collecting resources as a herald, perma Quick and Swift (66% with relic) make him great to do this, but constant aggro from monster and no chance to skip them annoys.

So tell me, mount that provides stealth would be a good idea?

Sorry, but you really should have to play the game to get the rewards.  Stealth on a mount really serves no purpose here.  Just kill the enemies, collect your resource and move on.

4 minutes ago, badyl.5831 said:

But let's be realistic how many times you used Jackal in real action? Because I only him at one specific HP in HoT (beside portals).

I use the jackal as my primary land-based mount.  I've seen a lot of other players using them as well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, badyl.5831 said:

Then play them.

23 minutes ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Yeah, but he wants it specifically as an engage skill because he wants to remove interaction with the game by having perma stealth, perma quickness gathering toon.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5

20 minutes ago, Epsilon Indi.2031 said:

Admittedly, stealth on a mount is often less useful than stealth off a mount. I think a better way to implement what OP is asking for would be a similar food to Cup of Light-Roasted Coffee, but giving stealth instead of quickness.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

In wvw yes, in pve who cares?

That's right, it's just pve, op doesn't need stealth to gather some nodes, he can just press keys while targetting mobs.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Lucy.3728 said:

In wvw yes, in pve who cares?

Merely by existing, Stealth factors in how the rest of a profession will be tuned in all game modes, including PvE.

Just look at Panaku's Ambition. It's a minor trait that requires Stealth to work. This means, Spectre is tuned around having Stealth as a mandatory mechanic.

Or you can look at the Shadow Arts trait line. There are many traits that use Stealth. This means, all of core Thief is tuned with the possibility of using power-creeped Stealth in mind.

• Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Merely by existing, Stealth factors in how the rest of a profession will be tuned in all game modes, including PvE.

Just look at Panaku's Ambition. It's a minor trait that requires Stealth to work. This means, Spectre is tuned around having Stealth as a mandatory mechanic.

Or you can look at the Shadow Arts trait line. There are many traits that use Stealth. This means, all of core Thief is tuned with the possibility of using power-creeped Stealth in mind.

Stealth for mounts already exists as some have already explained and it's mount related and not class related...and it doesn't work in WvW. You need the Icebrood Saga to gain access to that Mastery, so perhaps the OP hasn't got the IBS.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Stealth for mounts already exists as some have already explained and it's mount related and not class related...and it doesn't work in WvW. You need the Icebrood Saga to gain access to that Mastery, so perhaps the OP hasn't got the IBS.

What if they want a mount that provides Stealth on the Engage ability, not just the Stealth from season 5?

If there was a mount that provides stealth when dismounting with the Engage ability, it could trigger all the related Thief traits. This means, Thief would need to be tuned anew to account for being able to get Stealth without spending Initiative or popping a utility cooldown. And we all know, this tuning wouldn't be in a direction anyone likes.

• Confused 3

11 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's right, it's just pve, op doesn't need stealth to gather some nodes, he can just press keys while targetting mobs.

I avoid nodes with annoying mobs, not worth the hassle.

Often happens when I do a map complete. As it is in itself annoying enough for me. I skip any more annoyances.

Maps like silverwastes or end of dragons are ok. There I've the right chars camping if I need Ori or Jade.

I'm not saying that I'm for stealth when unmounting (I don't care), I just wanted to point out that mobs can be a reason to skip nodes.
And I still think more stealth in pve doesn't matter. Even when it favors a class mechanic. It's just open world pve.

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Like 1

The existing Mount Stealth is more than sufficient. If you dismount in place and don't move, the mob AI will not "see" you. You can gather any nodes this way, e.g. the ones in Dragon's Stand next to the legendary Wyvern, without being attacked.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

I avoid nodes with annoying mobs, not worth the hassle.

Often happens when I do a map complete. As it is in itself annoying enough for me. I skip any more annoyances.

Maps like silverwastes or end of dragons are ok. There I've the right chars camping if I need Ori or Jade.

I'm not saying that I'm for stealth when unmounting (I don't care), I just wanted to point out that mobs can be a reason to skip nodes.
And I still think more stealth in pve doesn't matter. Even when it favors a class mechanic. It's just open world pve.

You're free to make a decision to not do stuff and subsequently not receive rewards you'd get for doing that stuff. I don't see the issue here?

Yeah, it's just pve, killing a mob before pressing F on a node isn't really a problem for someone actively playing. Sometimes it's astounding to me how much certain people don't want to play the game they're choosing to play.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

You can optimize gathering to a very ridiculous level nowadays. To each their own. Regarding the classes however there are some that can do the job better than others. I know a lot of people love doing gathering with Herald. But in terms of mobility, quickness, stealth-access, Engineer and Thief are way better picks.

On the other hand, in the days of Scavenger Protocols and nodes being guarded by low-hp mobs only, it would be a little 'cough' inefficient to skip that extra loot. I use a gathering DD build that hits like a truck and almost 1-shots every mob guarding a node. I do not need stealth, although I could maintain it permanently. I would lose so much loot if I did.
-
Something I was requesting several times over the years was a better PvE ONLY adaption of the Warclaw. In its current form it is just decoy. Does not have any useful ability. I would not mind giving the Warclaw an ability to gather while mounted and maintain permanent stealth. Again PvE only, not interested in breaking WvW (more)! Maybe with a trade-off mechanic of slowing down its movement speed and drastically reducing its HP pool. So basically a sneaking-mode for a cat. Two new masteries. Preferably SotO or Core Tyria, with a few extra MP added to the game.
- sneaking (= perma stealth) while walking slowly and being more vulnerable
- ability to interact with nodes (gathering and hero point) while being mounted

Edited by HnRkLnXqZ.1870
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

What if they want a mount that provides Stealth on the Engage ability, not just the Stealth from season 5?

If there was a mount that provides stealth when dismounting with the Engage ability, it could trigger all the related Thief traits. This means, Thief would need to be tuned anew to account for being able to get Stealth without spending Initiative or popping a utility cooldown. And we all know, this tuning wouldn't be in a direction anyone likes.

Fair point but I doubt Anet will go for that. Why? Cause the whole point of mobs around gathering nodes is to be annoying and time consuming. I just gather with a guardian so the first attack gets blocked automatically and then I have the gathering tools set to maximum speed/efficiency and that does the trick. I always get to avoid being hit that way (well, unless other people muck it up for me). So in essence you don't need a mount with stealth to accomplish avoiding mobs is what I'm saying.

I don't play thief so I have no idea whether you can gather while stealthed but I'm sure that they have an easier time as well. I suppose the OP wants a one-size-fits-all solution but in the end, I still see this as a l2p (l2g = learn to gather?) issue. Besides, it's good to learn patience imo. Even if it's just a little bit.

So, in short, I agree with you that dismounts giving stealth is not a good thing.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

I don't see an issue either.

Someone asked for a feature. There doesn't need to be an issue to ask for new features.

Ok. Someone asking for a feature doesn't mean it's a good request. Hence the discussion and reasoning behind the opinion I hold and present.

• Like 2

I don't see an issue either.

Someone asked for a feature. There doesn't need to be an issue to ask for new features.

That doesn't mean, we shouldn't tell them of the possible repercussions a hypothetical inclusion of that feature might entail.

15 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I don't play thief so I have no idea whether you can gather while stealthed but I'm sure that they have an easier time as well.

While I can't remember having harvested anything while being stealthed, I've used Shadow Refuge to do certain Hero Challenges and open chests surrounded by annoying enemies (like the chest surrounded by Oozes in Queensdale's jump puzzle).

So I think that harvesting in Stealth should be possible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

On the other hand, in the days of Scavenger Protocols and nodes being guarded by low-hp mobs only, it would be a little 'cough' inefficient to skip that extra loot.

Good point.

I use herald and core thief for jade ore mining in eoe and prefer the herald when engaging the patrolling mobs.

2 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

Something I was requesting several times over the years was a better PvE ONLY adaption of the Warclaw.

I'd love that.

But it'd be like a completely different mount if changed for pve. My character can jump higher than the warclaw, the warclaw gets stuck on pixels, my character not.
Then they can invent some new mount from scratch anyway.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't really see the point of this, given that mount stealth already exists as given in Icebrood Saga. Making a dismount stealth skill or a new mount just for this purpose wouldn't really benefit most players except those who want to optimize gathering down to the second (a small minority, I'd guess) and I'd prefer the time/resources to be spent elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2024 at 2:10 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

I believe that the stealth from the mount abilities I linked don't interact with any class abilities or traits.  If what OP wants is added, it could just be that stealth if it's that problematic to give actual stealth.

• Confused 2