WvW Changes April 16th 2024

11 minutes ago, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

Remember the days they would put a poll about asking if 50% made sense of leave it as is or 25%?

Pepridge Farms remembers. 

Polls is how we got 2 months between relinks for the longest time and desert bl as redbl.  Polls sound nice until you realize that the playerbase can be wrong too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Just now, TheGrimm.5624 said:

A lot of defenders did this, it was only a slight delay but it helped. 

I think the 30 second delay for swords to appear should now be removed.  Also fix swords at Speldan's.

• Like 8

On 4/16/2024 at 5:15 PM, XenesisII.1540 said:

The boon balls were taking too long to cap while chasing down suicide solos trying to stop the ring progress, enjoy your smaller rings.

🤷‍♂️

I will enjoy my smaller rings, some of the lamest "PvP" I've ever experienced in WvW was being 1v1 at a camp where you have some PPT hero on a minstrel build running around a building trying to endlessly stall. Those buildings at certain camps will no longer be in the ring, they will now have to fight if they want to keep their camp. It's a good change.

Edited by Sylosi.6503
  • Like 11

1 hour ago, MercurialKuroSludge.8974 said:

At least it will stop idiot tags from saying "contest ring", as it's MUCH harder and a more obvious death sentence now.
It used to be that people blindly did that and just fed more bags while doing nothing.

The key was to keep your stuff. They errored on the karma train here, not the fight else they would have made the rings bigger. I like how they say they are trying to balance the fight, but they aren't they want people to just run around the maps and avoid each other.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Having a few siege golems at important camps bought enough time for defenders to arrive and for a fight to actually take place... 

These changes are just bleh, just ruining scout/roaming/small group play entirely. 

Lets just remove guards/lords and just let objectives be capped by someone being in the objective circle. And make it as small as possible. 

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

so now zergs that have players with bots muiltiboxing  with trebs on structures will win since it makes them more valuable with the walls  up only@ 50%  HP

This will make zergs with alternate account greef supply more valuable... kitten

More power to the zerg kitten

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 3

• Across all objective tiers, walls and gates will now be rebuilt when 50% of their health has been restored.

This sounds like a good change on paper but see a number of issues with it, will need to test. Even without testing it still favors numbers. Pre-weakening objectives was a way for a smaller side to wear away a larger one by forcing them to use supply to repair and or exit their structures to come out to the camp to grab supply. Plus if this wasn't coded considering contention then it might go back to encouraging players to repair while still under attack and just wait for the wall to hit 49 and then drop supply so it goes back to 100. Anyone in game trying this yet?

Skip this, the way I read the notes on this was wrong after rereading.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Edit: not the issue I was thinking, read it wrong

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, Sylosi.6503 said:

I will enjoy my smaller rings, some of the lamest "PvP" I've ever experienced in WvW was being 1v1 at a camp where you have some PPT hero on a minstrel build running round a building trying to endlessly stall. Those buildings at certain camps will no longer be in the ring, they will now have to fight if they want to keep their camp. It's a good change.

I was kinda half joking about that change because only the boon ballers would ask for that type of change, it's never been brought up anywhere else in 10 years far as I know. But there's no question that rings needed to be adjusted (but that was something far from being a priority fix for wvw tbh), some like north camp were way too large and then you get to desert and they were a lot smaller. And the golem contesting change too I don't really care either way.

Overall it just continues to erode defense play even more. They expect everyone will jump into the ring now to contest, you've already nerfed the siege, the supply, the strength of walls/gates, the tactivator, the disabler, but then they expect people will make this last minute ditch effort, with that laughable lord heal and now stability, to save something you can recap in 5mins. I mean sure, this works if the sides are always even, but boon balls don't quite make it so. I think people will just be more likely to leave and let stuff drop more often now. 🤷‍♂️

P.S How about next change we just place the lord outside of the objective, since it seems to be too much trouble keeping him inside of it. 😏

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

P.S How about next change we just place the lord outside of the objective, since it seems to be too much trouble keeping him inside of it. 😏

Actually....that was something I was pondering for a feature on a new map, you need to hold multiple objectives at the same time. Careful what you joke about lol. Having the lord in one spot and the ring in another and you need to keep one down and control the other could be interesting even if I know where you meant. 😉 But I agree with you snark there as well lol.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:
  • Across all objective tiers, walls and gates will now be rebuilt when 50% of their health has been restored.

This sounds like a good change on paper but see a number of issues with it, will need to test. Even without testing it still favors numbers. Pre-weakening objectives was a way for a smaller side to wear away a larger one by forcing them to use supply to repair and or exit their structures to come out to the camp to grab supply. Plus if this wasn't coded considering contention then it might go back to encouraging players to repair while still under attack and just wait for the wall to hit 49 and then drop supply so it goes back to 100. Anyone in game trying this yet?

I think this stems back to the defense credit changes that made people less interested in repairing. Now this will force players to actually repair until 50% if they really want to plug the hole, particularly defense zergs since they can do it faster, but most were just ignoring the issue as usual leaving it to the scouts. As a side change it also helps not building walls on your own zerg, but also... not being able to cut enemy zergs in half..... overall just a meh change that doesn't address defense credit, again.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

You neckbeards and your desire for being able to endlessly defend a keep with 3 dudes against a zerg, this patch it for you.

WvW is a massive team sport. And I'm glad its pushing towards combat, and not long boring siege/troll/countersiege games. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 22
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Actually....that was something I was pondering for a feature on a new map, you need to hold multiple objectives at the same time. Careful what you joke about lol. Having the lord in one spot and the ring in another and you need to keep one down and control the other could be interesting even if I know where you meant. 😉 But I agree with you snark there as well lol.

I mean they should have had some sort of multi hold spots to capture the keeps and castle. But this would only split the boon ball, and of course that's a no no.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

You neckbeards and your desire for being able to endlessly defend a keep with 3 dudes against a zerg, this patch it for you.

WvW is a massive team sport. And I'm glad its pushing towards combat, and not long boring siege/troll/countersiege games. 

If a zerg cant kill 3 people, that my friend is a skill issue. 

Capping the objective ends the fight over that objective. By definition that would be moving away from combat. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 9
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

If your map blob is getting held back by 3 neckbeards on siege, I think the problem really is with you guys.... 🤷‍♂️

Edited by XenesisII.1540
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Draygo.9473 said:

Capping the objective ends the fight over that objective. By definition that would be moving away from combat. 

And then you can get back in more easily and start the fight again since defending was nerfed more.

6 minutes ago, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

I guess I am sorry you couldn't beat 3 defenders with your 50+. So since it does sound like you are having problems breaching these paper structures that when empty take just 1-2 players, what numbers are failing against? Even the devs say they want bigger fights in objectives even if their actions don't show it. You won't get fights if defenders have no time to arrive. By team sport I guess you mean your team but not having another team present it seems? 

A lot of players like long fights, its kind of even why they added the events to encourage more fights. What's your issue with siege? It adds gameplay to both sides even if its like getting hit by water balloons for the most part.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

18 minutes ago, Yolaus Kriff.3465 said:

FB avatar, raps on a podcast about WvW--calls people neckbeard; pot meet kettle?! 

Anyway, capture circles getting smaller are very good for 5-man troll groups and very bad for any PUG wandering around, as its way easier to share boons and cap in a smaller radius.  Once objective is capped then you just have to build siege in it and jump up and down as PUGs flood out 1v1 to die.  

Siege golem not contesting seems to be a follow up to 'siege disruptors' as typically the way you stopped those from contesting was to disable them prior to someone getting in.  While mostly used by trolls, they did have legit stall uses and...well, can't have that.

Walls repairing at 50% is hilarious.  Only time people could screw you were towers--never had a keep wall being repaired screw me if I'm outside trying to distract, as I have a build that you know, can run away pretty easily and not get insta-rolled trying to kite back through a wall instead of a door.  Now there is legit zero reason to repair walls, or anything, at all, ever.  

Real close to unticking the WvW objectives in the vault as roaming / scouting is what I liked and it's mostly entirely dead now.  No point in running from camp to camp for a daily when I can just play sPvP for an hour and do an entire weekly, and actually as a bonus fight people instead of NPCs.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, XenesisII.1540 said:

I think this stems back to the defense credit changes that made people less interested in repairing. Now this will force players to actually repair until 50% if they really want to plug the hole, particularly defense zergs since they can do it faster, but most were just ignoring the issue as usual leaving it to the scouts. As a side change it also helps not building walls on your own zerg, but also... not being able to cut enemy zergs in half..... overall just a meh change that doesn't address defense credit, again.

Will have to see how this one works and then will drop some more feedback. I think it might also be meant to deal with auto-trebbers.