Does this really need to be in the game?

12 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Yeah I mean there is an entire side of the tower to drop out of, far beyond the range of that necro... 

But you know as well as I do that people would still jump when they could just run and drop down like a normal person.

Yea in fact they're more likely to jump now that you said that, just out of spite. That's just standard forum behavior:

Complain about problem, reject all advice, double down and then continue to feed bags to show everyone how wrong they are. That'll show them!

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

It does have an effect normally, but it seems like it was culled out or something.

Don't think there is automatic animation culling. But "effect lod" turns quite a few animations invisible, even from high impact skills and regardless of number of players or effects on your screen.

Typical zergling issue. Turn effect lod off and you can't see stuff because of too much animation spam. Turn effect lod on and you can't see stuff because it's invisible. Probably a not insignificant contributor to unjustified "balance" complaints.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:06 PM, Chaba.5410 said:

It does have an effect normally, but it seems like it was culled out or something.

Yeah this is pro gameplay, making sure you're culled by the ranger's model limit for free stealth!

Honestly I get that being pulled off a wall is a bit humiliating but you can't expect to throw barrages at a group of 30 players from a safe position without any possible counterplay. The necro timed their pull perfectly as your stab expired, got the angle right, and you didn't notice them move into position. Better luck next time.

Edited by glass.3245
  • Like 1

On 4/20/2024 at 11:32 AM, Angryjanitor.5940 said:

I get pulled off towers all the time by an animation I can't see by an ability that should require line of sight.  This kitten makes me Alt+f4 the game every single time it happens.

whats your Character Model Limit set to? seems to me that the necro (and by extension his effects/abilities) weren't appearing until you were already in combat with him because his entire model had been culled to save your performance. If you want to avoid this just turn up the character model limit and take the FPS hit.