[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Dear Arenanet,
I am not sure who or where to address this, but I guess here in the forums I will make my first ever post.
I have loved GW2. I have been playing for over 10 years. I have put literally thousands of hours and hundreds of dollars into the game. When I found out that for 11 years of playing we would not be receiving a title, I was completely heartbroken. For those of us who have been playing since the beginning, those "birthday" titles are one of the main motivators to continue playing. The titles represent all of the time and energy that has been put into the world of GW2.
For me, it feels as though the focus of Arenanet has completely shifted towards gaining new players, while forgetting about those of us who have kept the game running and relevant for the past 10+ years.
There is nothing more valuable to me in the game than that exclusive, yearly title. I feel as though for the very first time I have a reason to pull back from GW2. I feel completely unappreciated as a player.
I hope that this message get's passed along to the right eyes. I apologize if I come across as whiney or ungrateful but this has absolutely devastated me. 
I beg you to reconsider and add a title for 11 years of playing. Those of us who have supported and endorsed the game for over a decade truly deserve it.

Ty as always,

Sky

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 6

Mount/skiff action bar keybinds.  Can we have the ability to bind them to whichever keys we wish?  Personally, I'd like to use 1 through 5 for all mount and skiff abilities, other than the S3 abilities, but we can only currently bind 2 keys.  

• Confused 1

Some suggestions:

1. Guild halls are dying. I would suggest to make guild halls like a standard map available for any players to walk onto any time but to make it lively, offer only around 10-15 guild halls available in game to make each guild compete for one hall. This way, guilds will be more progressive in conquering a hall and keeping it from invading players. Make a timeline available for invasion like 2-3 hours once every week, that way the winning guild will be able to keep the hall for one week and its bonuses (which the moderators decide) or if the defending guild protected the hall they will continuously enjoy the privileges. It will also inspire guilds to ally themselves with others and in a long run strong guilds will be well known. In the future, guild wars can run an international competition and include a ranking system to top guilds yearly or seasonally as the moderators/creators want. 

By doing so, people will be more addicted in strategizing squads, joining teams, enhancing combat skills and utilities, flooding the guild hall map.

Bonuses/prizes can range but not limited to XP boost + resources enhancement + free ascended gear or legendary materials + access to special edition map + gemstones or golds + skins or chest keys + their guild name announced throughout the server + etc. (To encourage this event needs an equivalent amount of award to pull thousands and thousands of players. Also, increase map population to make this rage and roar.)

If guild halls are not anymore an option, then maybe a castle or island capture event will do. Although WvW do exist, I believe mixing together with the PvE will make a progressive outcome by opening a PvP map accessible in the PvE world. A Gw2 moderator or three being in the event can also fire up the players.

2. Enlarge raid gates and entry portal to aerodrome for more charisma and attraction. Maybe change the structure of the whole building that will enable curiosity for new players and easily differentiate wings from each other like putting up statues nearby / floating killproofs or minis / colored portals / large virtual guide screens / moving airship entrance / etc. Make the gathering community area a bit more interactive. (Also, the game is already 60gb+ storage, there is no use holding back graphics anymore anyway).

3. Make mounts roam in home instances for appeal and enjoyable bonding with all our selected skin and dyes, this might push others to invest more for skins. Put a pond / river / lake inside to fish.

4. Some players do like collecting mementos especially books from story lines, make a library or trophy shelf available inside the home instance. It's taking up a lot of space in inventory. Make it free for the sake of dedicated players who likes going through the story lines and remembering the journey.

5. Make a 2-3 special maps which are extremely hazardous/deadly to players with omega mobs with low drop rate but eye sparkling bonuses / legendary drops accessible only to players with 20K+ achievement points or those who only finished a long special quests or made three legendary items or all mounts unlocked or etc. This will push players to do achievements and storylines to be able to enter just like how players are made to do living world 4 just so they can have a skyscale. Maybe make it even a PvP zone with a safe village area so that people will fight for the resource available in the map. A max party of 5 players allowed, no squads. (but if pvp is not populating the map after 1 year then just disable the mode and add omega meta bosses just keep the intense requirement to enter).

Edited by Xevius.7165
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think it'd be PRETTY SWEET if we could "favorite" items in the gem store, or even unpurchased skins in our equipment tab and such. When it goes on sale, we could get a notification, pigeon mail, or whatever. It could also be used as an in-house metric to track what players want most, hint hint 😱

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

I recently posted a thread on Reddit's r/GuildWars2 forums, and asked players to think of simple changes that could be made to the game that would improve the player's experience. I know there are similar topics here, including a compilation of many, which is great. However, some of the suggestions get so ambitious that I'm sure all the requested changes must seem overwhelming for any member of the development team that reads them. I'm not saying they're not great suggestions, because they usually are, but I wanted to have the community pick out some low-hanging fruit, and then put that in front of ArenaNet and see if anything comes of it.

Here's what we came up with:

General / Quality of Life:

• When using a Karmic Converter, allow the player to move without the window closing (like with the existing Ley-Energy Matter Converter).

• Change Candy Corn Gobbler so that it works like the Snowflake Gobbler.

• Add new material storage spots for at least the older crafting materials (Lumber Cores, Jade Runestones, etc.)

• Rebalance stats from runes (Rune of the Pack has flat out more stats than Rune of the Chronomancer).

Daily System (Wizards Vault):

• Allow players to pick any three dailies from among all of the game modes, like it was before.

• Reevaluate Astral Acclaim prices for rewards.

Relics:

• Balance existing relics, create new options. Currently some classes benefit far more than others from the current set of relics. An easy way to at least mitigate this for now would be to add in all of the 6th level Rune bonuses that previously existed.

Secrets of the Obscure:

• Add map rewards for event completion.

• Improve rewards from rifts and arcane chests (perhaps making it easier to complete the new legendary armor sets).

World vs World:

• Make WvW Server Transfer available in Gem Store

• Re-tune credit for events based on things other than killing players. Currently credit is given for capturing an objective if you stand in a circle not having done anything, but no credit is given for defending an objective if you've done a million damage without killing anyone, or healed and buffed party members constantly, even if they have killed a player.

While I don't think that any of those changes are monumental tasks, some are certainly easier to implement than others. But just doing the simple ones, like fixing the Karmic Converter and Candy Corn Gobbler, would show that you listen to the community, and we can help you improve the game we all love so much.

So please, if you can, just fix the Candy Corn Gobbler or something easy like that in the next patch or two. We'll see it as a huge win just to have our ideas recognized, and if this kind of feedback suits the development team, with multiple suggestions all in one place, we'll keep refining the process and present to you the most desired changes asked for by the players themselves, all in one place. Maybe we'll even vote on them each week. We could even do a lot of the balancing for you, like reworking the stat bonuses from the runes now that they've been changed, and you could have a person or two go through our requested changes and sign off on them. We'd code the game for you if we could, but we can't. Short of that, we'll do all we can to help you make changes, if you're willing to hear us out and make them.

On behalf of the community, thank you for entertaining this idea.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Custom Graphics setting presets
the new SotO map are gorgeous but this comes at the cost of my GPU running incredible hot when i'm using my normal graphics settings, which are fine is all other zones; so frequently i'll toggle my settings to "Best performance" when i'm in Amnytas or the Wizard's Tower so i don't melt my pc; but when i return to core Tyria i need to return my settings to their previous settings manually.

could we have an extra preset in the dropdown menu for "Custom" where it will remember the last settings used?

• Sad 1

Wizard's Vault Daily Choices:

Rather than limiting selection to 3 options plus log in, please consider grouping the daily requirements into three subsections:

1. 6 "Easy" Dailies split into 2 PvE, 2 WvW, and 2 PvP (e.g. dodge attacks, use a combo, kill guards in WvW, capture a point in PvP), limited to completing 2, after which the other options are no longer provide progress towards Daily. These should always be doable with only core game.
  2. 3 (or maybe 6) "Difficult" Dailies split evenly between PvE, WvW, and PvP (e.g. complete a fractal, beat a world boss, capture a Tower, win a ranked match).
  3. x Expansion Dailies
  • One difficult HoT PvE option (grayed out for players that don't own that expansion, but still shown to advertise what the expansion provides)
  • One difficult PoF PvE option (same as above)
  • One difficult EoD PvE option (same as above)
  • One difficult SotO PvE option (same as above)

The PvE, WvW, and PvP selections would work better as filters that hide rather than remove options (if players hear from friends that they want to do WvW or PvP, they shouldn't be forced to wait until the next reset to earn progress).

Expansion Dailies would solve the current issue that having more expansions restrict rather than expand player options (e.g. if for some reason *cough*Valdhertz*cough* players don't want to participate in a given expansion's daily rotation, they can currently only avoid those dailies by not owning the expansion"

Naturally you would limit the amount of Astral Acclaim earned through these dailies to the current daily cap.

Weeklies could be done in a similar manner (ideally there would be a weekly to defeat a raid boss in the current emboldened wing, tied to the HoT or PoF option)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Is it possible to remove some dailies from the Wizard thing? I understand that anet wants players to play all game modes but some dailies can be pretty tedious. Especially the defender daily which sometimes won't trigger even if you kill opponents in the vicinity of the attacked objects. It's very situational and if the enemy is idle you will NEVER get it. I am sure that next to me there are also others who do not have the time to play the game fpr 10 hours in order to get a daily. I have things to take care of and money to earn, money which I will not spend on the game if it just keeps on aggravating me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

isn't it time to update the rarity of unidentified gear?

edit to add specific suggestions:

for level 80, there could be just 2 tiers of unids:

• exotic, with a similar chance to drop ascended as the rare has to drop exotic
  • rare, or masterwork or rare, with a chance to upgrade the drop

Or if you still wanted 3 tiers:

• Exotic, with a similar chance to drop ascended as the rare currently has to drop exotic
  • Rare, with a chance to upgrade as exists now
  • Fine and Masterwork, with a chance to upgrade as exists now

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 3

Also, instant armor reinforcement canister seems to me to be obsolete and the UI should be replaced with something else (e.g. an instant jade bot workbench, a bag of game coins, etc), or there should be a way to "trade for something useful". None should drop from any source whatsoever. 

In case this knowledge has been lost, once upon a time we needed to repair armor (at the repair NPC or repair anvil, which have been replaced with reinforcement name/mechanic). I don't recall there being repair anvils in instanced content, in the beginning (there are reinforce anvils now, which were repair anvils once). So if you got defeated in instanced content, the repair canister had a use, to patch up your armor without having to re-start the instance. Or if you were at an event very far from a repair anvil, and there wasn't even a waypoint near the repair anvil, you could use the instant canister.

As we no longer need to repair, and reinforcing lasts a long time, there is no need for an instant armor reinforcement canisters. 

• Confused 1

I really hope they rework the trait system of the game. A lot of them just feel so untouched and abandoned. It's weird that so many traits feel like they are accidentally in the wrong traitline too. I think the whole system should be reworked as well as professions as a whole reevaluated tbh. I feel like every attribute combination should have a use somewhere some piece of content with some build it should be the best for it. Like Plaguedoctor should just be Harbinger's best in slot tbh just for the naming alone. On that topic, WHY doesn't Harbinger focus on Poison? The thing that would make the most sense with it? Going back to the abandoned and weird traits, that poison damage buff in Putrid Defense first line in Death Magic like Necro doesn't do poison builds why is that there then? 

• Sad 1

I hope we can stop getting dailies from story we don't have access yet. For example, despite me owning EoD, I am still going through the content in LS2. This is still my first time playing, and i don't think asking a spoiler-free experience while allowing us to finish our dailies are something unreasonable.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1