[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

More weapon's skins variation in Black Lion Chests, it's like the fourth time in 1 year I see Dark Wing Weapons there

Since apparently this is incorrect and people complained, I'll be more accurate:

I think weapon skins in Black Lion Chests should be more various; for example, Dark Wing Weapons happened in Chests from 2021-10-05 to 2021-11-09, from 2022-08-02 to 2022-08-23, and now (2023-02), more then 1 time a year (10 months between 2021 and 2022, and 6 months between 2022 and now), while other skins, for example, Inquest Mark II Weapons, I could be wrong but the record I found shows me that last time we saw them in Chests was from 2020-11-17 to 2020-12-15, that is more then 2 years ago, worst for other skins, like Bloodstone Weapons, that happened in Chests more then 3 years ago, from 2019-11-19 to 2019-12-17.

Anyway my point remains the same: I dunno what method is ANet using for sorting weapon skins in BLChests, but, since there are around 70 Black Lion Skins available*, I think their method should be more balanced.

*(this is an estimation, I didn't count them one by one)

P.S. I'm also deleting a reply to a quote related to this post I did yesterday because it's useless by now

Edited by Val.7826
nitpicking
  • Like 2

Increase the number of shared bags slots to 32 (same as max bag size)

Create in our home instance...perhaps in one of the upstairs rooms in our buildings a reading room...with walls lined with bookshelves. When we click on these, we can deposit books that we receive. Or we can re-read books we previously deposited. I've been collecting books from quest lines for 6 years...would love to display them. Would be a plus for visitors to our home instance to be allowed to read from our library.

Valdergare

• Like 7

1) You should change the animation of all Elementalist's Dagger's skill 1, they are mostly ugly and unpleasant to use, if i have to give them a score from 1 to 10 I'd say:

Fire -> 4 -> it's kinda ok, but it's really boring to use

Water -> 5 -> the effect is passable, but not that much

Air -> 2 -> the idea of a thunder whip is nice, but the animation sucks and is even more boring then Fire

Earth -> 1 -> probably the worst skill animation in the entire game

For an overall improvement I'd say those skills deserve chains, but I understand that this could be a balance problem, so you really should change in better the single animations. By now, i think dagger skills 1 (only skills 1, but all skills 1) on elementalist are very demotivating.

2) You should add a button in bank that allows you to deposit instantly all the same items you have in both your inventory and bank

3) You should at least double the gathering output rate of all the "basic" Home Nodes (like Iron, Copper, Soft Wood, Flax, etc...), because the actual rate makes every node nearly impossible to repay itself unless you hire 10 people that pay you for gathering in your home for some months; by now, if you are by yourself, it tooks around 4 years for a node to repay itself, 3 if you don't skip any day, and it's ridicolous

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just did Tequatl the world boss, - and for the first time, - recieved ascended loot: Living water staff & living water warhorn. (I have been playing for 1½ year and have all ascended gear)

- TO IMPROVE THIS GAME: Increase drop rate for ascended gear by 888% for new players aka 1 month old or so, - because I really really wish I would get this drop when I started to play this game, - would have made me gorgous happy back then... - pls consider this

- thanks, for best game in existence btw

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 1/27/2023 at 11:17 PM, Rogue.8235 said:

That was a nice player, too, informing you that they were inspecting.  Realistically it would just be: join party > kicked > block > no clue why that occurred.

I agree, he did right, they deserve to play alone with other elitist toxic people, no reason why real player should join them. we could also create an LFG category "Elitist Only" just to be more clear

• Confused 1

On 1/31/2023 at 1:39 AM, Zeyku.9571 said:

QoL suggestion: Having wardrobe, mount, glider, and dye selection unique per build per character (for fashion wars):

Allow mount skin changes/glider/dye changes be unique per character build tab instead of per single character. For example, I have a Core Warrior and Spellbreaker build on one character but have to completely change my mount, glider, and dyes on those items to reflect the style I'm trying to go for on the other class. Its a little bit inconvenient to have to change it every time I switch builds. If there was a way to save those presets per build, I think players would enjoy this small change. I already transmute plenty when a new skin comes out in BLC or I have to make a new character.

This would be amazing thing for those of us who love the fashion wars. I have multiple toons that use the same look on all their equipment tabs only because I can't be bothered to change mount skins and dyes every time I switch build sets. I bet these layouts would sell nicely in the gem store.

• Like 1

It would be useful if when looking for new recipes from the trading post a player doesn't know yet, they could click an option from the filters to hide all the recipes they already know a marker could also be added on the row of the item next to the level or favourite for example that would also make it faster to check. It can be difficult to spot them when there is so many recipes to go through and you have to check each one as you scroll to see if you have it or not.

On 1/31/2023 at 6:55 PM, Val.7826 said:

More weapon's skins variation in Black Lion Chests, it's like the fourth time in 1 year I see Dark Wing Weapons there

It seems they were in chests 2021-10-05 to 2021-11-09, 2022-08-02 to 2022-08-23 and now. So it's more accurate to say they're in chests once a year than 4 times a year? 😉

On 1/31/2023 at 9:12 PM, Valdergare.5619 said:

Increase the number of shared bags slots to 32 (same as max bag size)

Yup, I think matching the max bag size would make sense.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It seems they were in chests 2021-10-05 to 2021-11-09, 2022-08-02 to 2022-08-23 and now. So it's more accurate to say they're in chests once a year than 4 times a year? 😉

And now, so  yeah, sorry, it's not 4 times a year, it's 3 times in 1 year and 3 months

Edited by Val.7826
corrected a previous post
  • Confused 3

More mounts would be nice... especially the Skimmer. There just isnt much of a choice. I love the Hummingbird and 1 or 2 others, but thats it.

Maybe there could be more Asura style mounts, based on technology somehow.

Skimmer... A Hoverboard that skims along the ground with little technological glowing/flashing lights and cogs.

Raptor... Something like the AT Walkers from Star Wars (but not a copy because of copyright)

Springer... Well... something mechanical with SPRINGS for legs... lol

Just a few ideas.

I personally like the hoverboard because there just isnt enough skimmer mounts that are different to each other. 

An Asura theme would be nice too because they are very smart and some technological mounts would be good (and I have 5 Asura).

• Confused 1

Hi ANet,

Would you consider adding the following content:

Recreate GW1 Boss battles.

A new mode that adds elements from world bosses and Raids.

Now that all necessary areas are unlocked, you could add this mode called Arena Battles, or something along those lines.

Boss battles include:

The leech,

Shiro Tagashi,

Varesh Ossa,

The Great Destroyer, 

+ any other you'd see fit for the Arena Battles.

Rewards could include their respective armour, weapons, backpack, gliders, trinkets, etc.

Thanks for your time.

• Confused 2

I wish my own combo fields always had 100% priority over others for myself instead of me being unable to combo them once someone throws something over it. For example when I use black powder and then bounding dodge on daredevil immediatly after it triggers a light aura on me instead of stealth cuz a guardian slapped someone with a light combo field spawner over my smoke one, causing my stealth to fail.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Hi ! Would it be possible to allow players to move some parts of their interface ?

I have a condition that gives me headaches and fatigue when my eyes move too much, and I struggle to keep an eye on my target's health/defiance and my own health and abilities. I would love to be able to gather those informations on the same part of the screen !

• Like 2
  • Confused 1