[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Revamp the new player experience. There's no need to revamp it drastically. Revamp it in a way that explains all the QoL things that were added to the game post-release.

Right now new players have no idea about

- Scrolling to change map levels. Some places in the Core game use this before HoT, and even that can be skipped if new players go past that story bit.

- The /wiki command. 

- The legend on the map screen is able to flash stuff you've yet to interact with so they can be seen on the map.

- The racial city has an Asura Gate leading to the LA hub.

- How Defiance Bars and Break Bar damage works. This is only explained in EoD and this can be skipped.

- New players having access to a WP in the other starting areas.

Whenever I see a stream or VoD of someone trying the game these are the issues I see consistently and it tells me that the game does a really bad idea of advertising them.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 1

Would be great if Anet would do either of the following....

Significantly relax the limitation on selling items on the TP

OR

Create a crafting material liquidation sale tool  (even if this is obtainable by a quest or collection, this would be awesome)

Reasoning:  Lets say you have absolutely zero interest in cooking, but you would really like some more gold. You check your material storage and there are 135 different items there, many of which has a full stack or more. You move all those cooking mats to your inventory and go to sell them at "Current Buyers" prices.... after like 15-20 or so sales you get an error that you are selling too fast, at which point you have to wait 30 seconds before being allowed to sell 1 to 3 more things before the next error. As a result, selling off unwanted mats, a process that should have taken like2 minutes, is now a 15 minutes ordeal of wasted time.

• Confused 1

Please remove the unnecessary "Chef characters over 425 only" limitation from the home instance Cooking Station, which is unlocked with the Gourmet Training achievement and just make it an unrestricted account-wide unlock.

Considering the expenditure of time and resources that earning this thing requires, once unlocked it should be freely available in the home instance for all characters on the account if for nothing other than storage, bank and wardrobe access.

If you're not a Chef you can't cook at a public cooking station either, but you can freely access its other functions; it doesn't just vanish because you're not a Chef. This one should be no different. Make it an unrestricted account-wide unlock for the home instance, please.

PS for confused: so you don't want account-wide bank access (earned via in-game achievement) for your home instance?

Edited by Teknomancer.4895
ps
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 11/1/2023 at 8:16 AM, evilcat.6817 said:

When completing map there could be a possible reward of lion head, or lauren. If your character is already preatty then more transmutacion charges are not use, and grinding map completicion is solid work, so there should some cool reward. The thing with laurens and lion heads, is that you can swap it for many things, so you will always get something good.

+1 great idea

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 11/12/2023 at 11:14 PM, Efar.8153 said:

maybeee, it would be nice if we could have:

- an option to change the appearance of hunter pets (some are too big and kind of umm... scarry? - we want cute hunter pets too);

- smaller weapons, please! especially the daggers, swords or pistols - some of them are the half size of my character 😅

- smaller fishing rods;

- festival decorations for home instance;

- someone suggested a  libray to store all the books we collected - that would be nice;

- some more fishing power to the fishing rod;

- an option to disable the grunt/yelling that characters make: for example my norn yells as if its being stabbed when gathering nodes(the asura too); and the VERY loud yelling some charaters/npcs make when they die(most of them make that sound AFTER they die) - now imagine farming or gathering for hours ; and no, mute the sound effects also mutes the other nice sounds like some weapons skills.

- a hunters contract for soto as well, maybe? 😄

+1

• Confused 1

On 11/15/2023 at 2:33 AM, Ollie B.8597 said:

not being able to get on a mount in combat is really annoying.
Everyone was meeting to do a Bounty and I took too long getting there because I was being attacked for the whole journey so missed out. I was even using swiftness.

+1

also i get a stuck in combat bug where my character is done fighting, but still in fight stance and no mounts or wp. Or my character even leaves fight stance but still no mounts or wp. Most everyone else is out of combat and on to the next thing, but one or two of us is stuck in combat and can't keep up with the others. 

In PvE, I don't see the harm in wp while fighting by the way.

• Confused 1

On 11/21/2023 at 7:06 PM, evilcat.6817 said:

For the Dungeon rewards armour, there could be a third tab of armour reward, where you get stat selectable armour set from that dungeon, however it cost twice tokens and some gold. So if you want some new stat line you can get it from dungeons, and still have fashion wars. It will just cost more to do so than using default statline. By stat selectable i mean any statline, even not dungeon one, but you need proper expansions owned for some.

yea this would be nice to be able to get stat select dungeon gear and not have to just destroy the gear with stats you don't use, to get the appearance unlocked.

i would not put the game coin expense high because it's a core item that should be available to newer/less played accounts that don't have a lot of gold for cosmetics. the dungeon tokens themselves gate the gear appearance by having played something that rewards dungeon tokens. So no need to gate effort behind gold as well. 

there are some core cosmetics I still can't afford because they are rare rather than exotic, wrong stats, etc, so no good to spend 12 or 20 gold on them until i actually have the gear for my build--since i have a lot of toons this is going to take a while lol

• Confused 1

On 11/23/2023 at 12:31 AM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You will find many players have posted about the CS Team replacing items they have inadvertently destroyed, lost, etc.   Of course, it is up to you.  🤷‍♂️

I have heard of this happening by my personal experience has been the same as @Aezen.3086's. They always tell me whatever I'm asking is impossible for them. No tool for that. File a bug report. Know better next time. Anything but get something fixed. Unless is relates to a financial transaction, then it might be possible if I beg. 

• Confused 1

On 11/25/2023 at 10:55 AM, DemonAtTheWheel.1804 said:

Dear ANet,

Thank you so much for putting expansions on sale several times a year! It really helps get cash strapped friends into the game, or the ability to expand our alt accounts. 

Would it be too much to ask that gems / gem cards go on sale once in a while too? Maybe right around Winter's day? It would be super great to be able to gift friends and guild mates some gems around the holidays!

+1

On 11/26/2023 at 1:18 PM, Khada.8106 said:

Ability to disable the orange help tooltips that pop up automatically - I am referring to the active help boxes that appear when doing certain actions, such as shooting an airborne Kryptis Turret without charging through it with your Skyscale First. The help box was nice the first time, but it continues to pop up every time this happens (or for other things in the game too!) and closing the box while in the middle of combat can be cumbersome.

I generally agree but I think there should be a "reset tips" feature or have it repeat once a quarter or something, for people who forget stuff while away or just plain forget stuff

On 11/27/2023 at 1:53 PM, Kandrax.1504 said:

I know and that's not what I meant, they could give you hotbars and a book of all the skills that are available to you theoretically, so if my current weapon is a GS and my subset a sword+pistol they could still let me bind those skills but as unavailable until I swap, or at the very least allow repositioning skills within their own UI, so I can put skills that crudely resemble the same things on the same buttons.

yea with my utility skills I always put one that breaks stun and preferably gives swiftness or invisibility in the same spot.

With weapons otoh, the skill that dash/ shadowstep/ leap forward can change (which keybind goes to that type of skill changes). It's nice to be able to say "guardian sword skill 2" and everyone knows what skill you mean (there are way too many skills and traits for me to remember many of their names, and the text on the tooltip can be small), but it would also be great if I could rearrange weapon skills so particular mechanics were always on particular keybinds. For people like me me who change classes every couple days or every couple of months. 

Edited by willow.8209
clarity: edit in italics
  • Confused 1