Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in Spring and Summer 2024

57 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Is this what you are referring to?:  Finally, to help memorialize the worlds we’ve been battling over for the past twelve years, you’ll be able to don a new title to honor them (example: Anvil Rock Veteran). These will be available as a free one-time purchase from Commander War Razor in WvW. We recognize that the world you consider your true home may not be the world you currently reside on, so we’re leaving it up to you to choose the title that means the most to you. Choose carefully!

It's just a title, and you are under no obligation to purchase it. 

Thank you for this reminder, I will be sure to claim mine once the update drops, however, this still does not allow players to choose which "world" they would like to be part of / play for in WvW.

For instance, I can only imagine the chaos where Spanish / French / German speaking players are mixed together and nobody understands each other, an issue and frustration which people from Seattle clearly do not comprehend.

• Confused 5
  • Sad 1

taken from Studio Update: Guild Wars 2 in Spring and Summer 2024 – GuildWars2.com

Josh Davies said - "Oh, right. What happens after “The Midnight King”? Well, you’ll find out very soon, as it turns out. In the next few weeks, we’ll post a development retrospective blog post for Guild Wars 2: Secrets of the Obscure that talks about what we learned from the process and how we’re taking those lessons forward into our next expansion."

Hopefully part of this reflection process will be to think about Meta rewards going forward. Those from SoTO are pretty dire.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

We’ll also add a new weekly tournament event on Sunday in each region that features increased rewards.

I really hope this won't be a NA priority focused event just like the monthly is.

What do I mean by that? The monthly runs at the SAME fixed NA friendly time, each month. Result, I've never done the monthly, since for me it starts around 4-5AM on a Sunday morning. Just not an option.

On 5/15/2024 at 3:50 PM, Hellbound.5610 said:

Thank you for this reminder, I will be sure to claim mine once the update drops, however, this still does not allow players to choose which "world" they would like to be part of / play for in WvW.

For instance, I can only imagine the chaos where Spanish / French / German speaking players are mixed together and nobody understands each other, an issue and frustration which people from Seattle clearly do not comprehend.

From what I understand it you tick one of your guilds and go to the same wvw server as that guild.

It will then be matched with other guilds up to some kind of cap and then find two other servers with guilds matched together to battle against.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/15/2024 at 8:37 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

The one from last week?

From yesterday, we couldn't see it before and pretty sure it still wasn't there -for about next 12h- at the moment Zeperio wrote his post. 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2

The worst thing that happens is that all the communities that have formed are destroyed by Anet with such a crappy update. Nothing will change anymore, everyone will go somewhere else and people will become more and more inactive, even the commanders who are still there will go back every year, so the wvw and the pve will be destroyed. I don't know whether Anet wants to bring the permanent events 12 months only events that some commander turns on or what Anet's idea behind it is. I hope that Mr. Bayer will comment on this.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

Question about this new commander feature to show people what the commander is actually doing: Does this include mentor tags as well? Because that would be nice. I'm mentoring a lot in the starting areas. And many, many new players are quite confused about the Mentor tag. So, having a little message popup would be quite helpful. 

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1