Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

I did not read through this entire thread so if what I am adding has been said previously, I apologize before hand.

I think what is strange about GoB - which I believe isnt so terrible to acquire - is the fact that for legendary weapons and trinkets, the far greater majority of crafting materials needed come from investing a lot of time in PvE. This causes PvE focused players to enter a game mode for a rather decent period of time that they arent normally familiar with - their builds are not tailored for the content and they dont immediately understand the mechanics needed to gain points toward reward tracks, or have the ability to efficiently navigate the world space...no claw. On the other hand, PvP players can have a ton of GoB stacked up but to make any use of them, vice-versa conditions exist for them to enter PvE. By comparison, its easy to estimate that it is far more difficult for a PvP player to make use of a GoB than it is for a PvE player simply because the time investment is greater collecting the PvE materials than it is to acquire a GoB - period. There are legitimate frustrations on both ends.  The simple solution would be to add GoB to the wizards vault, but it shouldnt be a standalone item - it should be provided exclusively with the legendary starter chest but have the cost increased to the max allowable AA which is 1300 I believe, AND it should come as a choice with the other gifts. I believe this way, PvE and PvP players have access to gifts immediately that they normally wouldnt have. I think the other solution would be to make it a PvE accessible recipe for Lyhr.

This doesnt solve the entire problem though because there is still the Gift of the Mists which is composed exclusively of PvP materials. But again, the other side of the coin for PvP players is the rest of recipe is entirely PvE focused. 

So, its absolutely bad design overall, forcing both player bases to engage with content they may not find very fun at all - and maybe even more-so more frustrating than what its worth considering just the mere thought of being forced to do something you dont enjoy in order to gain account-wide QoL content features that would make the game far more accessible to you is enough to make a player feel like the game is no longer worth playing.

I do believe firmly that ANet must find a solution to this problem. ANet is very good at making grind-loops, but its highly questionable, EVEN easily debated whether any of their grind-loop systems are fun and enjoyable. Its no secret that Soto is exclusively the PvE legendary armor zone - otherwise, we dont really have a use for this out-of-the-way content. Overall, legendary equipment needs to be accessible by both player bases relative and relevant to the content they enjoy. A PvE player should be able to get GoB and GotM materials in PvE and vice-versa for PvP players - there should be reward tracks with shorter spans or something for the PvE materials or the other gifts. Why we are waiting for a solution like this is beyond me. That said, at the end of the day - you cant give into one side without giving in to the other and it would be stupidly unfair to PvP players if only PvE player benefitted from the removal of cross-over to obtain legendary materials.

No matter how you look at it - only a small group of players have no issue with this, otherwise, nobody wants to do cross-over content to get the most out of how they choose to play, and ANet shouldnt force players to do play that way just because they want players to do more than what players want to do. 

Not sure why people make things so complicated. There is already a way to bypass the GoB for most legendaries with the Wizard's vault. You just get the mystic coins, the t6 mats, sell them, and also get the bags of gold. Then just buy said legendary without having to do any gifts whatsoever.

Even a completely exhausted Wizard's vault gives 37 gold a week and this is not to include any bonus ones from festivals and special events. The difference between crafting and buying a legendary usually maxes out at around 800 gold. Even if we assume the GoB to be 100% of the difference (which it is definitely not), this translates to about 21 weeks of WV's rewards in a close to worst case scenario.

Sure it does not apply to Gen 2 Legendaries and legendary accessories. But Gen 2s provide no advantage at all over the other ones, and the Gift of Battle is a extremely small part out of everything else.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Bollocks.4078 said:

You know full well I was talking to RoseofGilead and not you so what's the point of this response?

Wasn't sure about it, since initially I rather clearly pointed out it's not what you claim it is (twice).
If forcing yourself to not acknowdledge that makes you feel better about it -for some unknown reason- then I don't really get it, but whatever suits you. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Enlighten me, which sort of crafting materials are you talking about that you can't get in WvW?

I'm not sure why I have to explain anything when you're asking a question in such a way that suggests you already have the answers. If I'm wrong, then I think you know what I mean in the very least.

• Confused 5

45 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Not sure why people make things so complicated. There is already a way to bypass the GoB for most legendaries with the Wizard's vault. You just get the mystic coins, the t6 mats, sell them, and also get the bags of gold. Then just buy said legendary without having to do any gifts whatsoever.

Even a completely exhausted Wizard's vault gives 37 gold a week and this is not to include any bonus ones from festivals and special events. The difference between crafting and buying a legendary usually maxes out at around 800 gold. Even if we assume the GoB to be 100% of the difference (which it is definitely not), this translates to about 21 weeks of WV's rewards in a close to worst case scenario.

Sure it does not apply to Gen 2 Legendaries and legendary accessories. But Gen 2s provide no advantage at all over the other ones, and the Gift of Battle is a extremely small part out of everything else.

Okay.

• Confused 5

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

There's no map exploration in pvp, not sure why you're making up this nonsense here.

No, it is not.

No problem.

Right, because there are no vistas, points of interest, or waypoints??? 

Yes - it is. I see posts on FB all  the time about "play your way". Forcing players to play content for things they want doesnt sound like "play your way"

I swear - it only takes engaging with like two people here before I remember that these once awesome forums are now only kin to Steam at best...

• Confused 5

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Right, because there are no vistas, points of interest, or waypoints??? 

Because map exploration in gw2 involves completing certain tasks within certain maps and pvp is not that.

23 minutes ago, Jianyu.7065 said:

Yes - it is. I see posts on FB all  the time about "play your way". Forcing players to play content for things they want doesnt sound like "play your way"

It doesn't matter what "you see on FB"(?) when you don't understand the quote you're attempting to use here. That quote isn't whatever you want it to be and it is not what you're suggesting here. It really is tiresome whenever someone tries to say what amounts to "I should get whatever I want however I want" while they're quoting that ripped-out-of-context "play how you want" bit.

And you're not "forced" to play anything, if only because of the type of rewards we're talking about here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

The point of this merged thread is to ask for an alternative way to acquire the GoB to be able to craft a legendary for themselves. They shouldn't also have to consider forking over their hard-earned materials/gold to some other player.

Can a player 'bypass' getting a GoB by buying a legendary outright from another player? Yes. Should that be the only alternative? Absolutely kittening not. WvW is currently the ONLY way to get GoB, and some of us think it shouldn't be the only way to get a GoB.

Personally I think that GoB should have an alternative way of acquisition outside of WvW reward tracks, but that's just an opinion. Odds are ArenaNet won't implement this highly requested QoL change because it would ultimately further reduce the player count in an already 'dead' game-mode. I know I'm not the only player here who sees WvW as just some chore to power through to get a GoB.

• Like 2
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

The point of this merged thread is to ask for an alternative way to acquire the GoB to be able to craft a legendary for themselves. They shouldn't also have to consider forking over their hard-earned materials/gold to some other player.

Can a player 'bypass' getting a GoB by buying a legendary outright from another player? Yes. Should that be the only alternative? Absolutely kittening not. WvW is currently the ONLY way to get GoB, and some of us think it shouldn't be the only way to get a GoB.

Personally I think that GoB should have an alternative way of acquisition outside of WvW reward tracks, but that's just an opinion. Odds are ArenaNet won't implement this highly requested QoL change because it would ultimately further reduce the player count in an already 'dead' game-mode. I know I'm not the only player here who sees WvW as just some chore to power through to get a GoB.

So we saving gold for Guild Wars 3?

If something like a legendary isn't worth the gold, I just don't see why people are stressing so much over them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/14/2023 at 5:02 PM, babana.7521 said:

I want everything but I don't Raid, I simply do not have the time beside WvW , if I play all mode to the max, I won't have time to do anything else in my other reality, so, if ANET is going to give players WvW reward without doing WvW than I want Raid reward without doing Raid. Not trying to stop you getting it, just putting my suggestion in here too, since they are the same thing.

Except they arent and you are trolling, you can get legendary armor without raiding from all game modes, you can get 2 legendary rings from wvw so you dont have to make the raid related one either, but wvw is mandatory for every legendary item that requires the gift of battle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Zera.9435 said:

You were saying? 🤣

Okay, my characters are almost exclusively male. And armor designs on female characters are one of the reasons why. 😉

Armor always looks better on male characters, but not the Obsidian Armor - see my previously linked screenshot to compare its cool design with the actual thing.  No other armor set shrinks the head like that, reduces the torso size while bloating the chest, and gives you elephant legs and an anorexic waist on male human character models.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

Both the Permanent Trading Post Contract and the Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract spawn NPCs that don't do anything useful for the players that didn't use the contracts to spawn them. These NPCs can block treasure chest interaction, and if I'm not mistaken even appear on the mini-map. This interaction is at best confusing for other players and is often annoying. Spawning "exclusive use" NPCs doesn't make any sense in an MMO.

I propose these 2 permanent contracts are either reworked to open the interface without creating an NPC (like the bank contract), or create an NPC that all players may freely use. Given how popular the Permanent Crafting Station contract has been, I think there would be great value in allowing players to "share" their shop keeper access.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Atraleos.5849 said:

Both the Permanent Trading Post Contract and the Permanent Black Lion Merchant Contract spawn NPCs that don't do anything useful for the players that didn't use the contracts to spawn them. These NPCs can block treasure chest interaction, and if I'm not mistaken even appear on the mini-map. This interaction is at best confusing for other players and is often annoying. Spawning "exclusive use" NPCs doesn't make any sense in an MMO.

I propose these 2 permanent contracts are either reworked to open the interface without creating an NPC (like the bank contract), or create an NPC that all players may freely use. Given how popular the Permanent Crafting Station contract has been, I think there would be great value in allowing players to "share" their shop keeper access.

Agreed, both solutions you mentioned sound better than the current version.

• Like 1

Legendary QoL items and cosmetics with either current material sink option or new achievement/s option similar how you can get leggy amulet or mix of both.

Short list of possible new leggy items:

• stats agony infusions – lets say +9 agony infusion with option to select any +5 stat bonus
  • fishing bait – one bait you equip with option to choose any available bait in the game
  • jade bot core – one core for all chars or it can even has option to change stat bonus
    • sensory array and service chip – equip with option to choose any available array/chip in game without workbench
  • Teleportation tome – place where you can put your scrolls/tomes, it does not need to include everything, but would be nice
  • Sieges for WvW – either actual leggy sieges so unlimited use or just new skins for current siege weapons
  • Weapon skin for each weapon with dye channels – can be great mats sink
  • Back item/s with dye channels – can be great mats sink
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Atraleos.5849 said:

The permanent merchant should spawn a window like the ecto gambler would; a number of other items do this without having to bother other players.

Another option would be to allow everyone to use it just like the one use one. Yea I suppose that obsoletes the one use passes but the type of person that buys permanent contracts is not someone that wishes to continue using one use passes. And regardless the effects of potentially not griefing other users should outweigh these considerations.

Right now the perma merchant is mostly  just a worse version of the ecto vendor. The only advantages the merchant gives is the ability to buy gathering tools and salvage kits but the amount of people that would have the perma merchant and not have infinite salvage tools/salvage kits would probably be extremely low.

I suppose the perma merchant is also better in the sense it does not require ecto gambling, nor does it present it to the player upon using, but ehhhh that's just a stronger argument in favor of the perma merchant.

I. Have someone other than Cal hire Balance Devs so there's diversity in opinions/directions that are directed in balance development.

This game has the BEST server infrastructure and combat system, and is currently being completely squandered as all of the diversity that before differentiated the classes had to be sacrificed on the cross of "make things technically do quickness or alacrity even if you will get kicked from most groups for trying to use them on 90% of the actual fights" when there were better, simpler, more effective ways to accomplish both a) and b) simultaneously that the devs would have known if they actually sifted through feedback or played more than 1 or 2 classes.

II. Fix Bladesworn.

It's the title class of and entire expansion and it's completely unusable in PvP, WvW and you currently get kicked out of PvE groups if you come in as either a DPS (because you're melee) or as a Support. All the Grandmasters are redundant now and play the same, even back when the FUN version of [Daring Dragon] existed And the recent changes completely nuked it out of existence in for the few builds that it worked for in PvP and WvW roaming. Absolutely no place in Zergs too.

There's been plenty of better written posts on the Warrior forums. It's an A-Tier class concept that has only gotten worse to play since it came out. And it was buggy even then. I can't tell you how many friends I've had try this game, try that class, and then quit entirely because that was their first impression of an Elite Specialization. (This is not an exaggeration or a joke.)

Thanks,

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)

CONSUME ALL OPTION FOR RAID DECORATIONS (also the ability to consume raid decorations...WHILE IN A RAID)

Maybe a favorites tab or legendary sigils/runes to make hot swapping more convenient. Get rid of the confirm boxes for legendary runes/sigils the number of clicks it takes to swap a rune or sigil is really obnoxious.

The new system for bloodstone/empyreal/dragonite consumption is nice but why does it take more clicks than before with the vendor windows....

oh and ofc legendary aquabreather 🙂

Edited by Xilicks.9547
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

please add another way of getting a gift of battle, forcing wvw is just not great, personally i dont mind wvw that much but all the commanders on my world want you to use discord etc to join their tag while i understand the reason behind it its just to sweaty for me and removes the fun out of the game, maybe add the gift of battle to dungeons? so dungeon content becomes more alive again for newer people and for older people its a great way to re explore the old content while still getting stuff of value i dont mind if its a longer or more difficult grind then wvw so it still supports wvw in that way but people who do not enjoy wvw ( or pvp in general)  there should be another way of getting a gift of battle either through repeatable achievements (like for dungeons complete x amount of dungeon paths, each path only counts once each day) 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2