Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

It would be great to get more options for concentration stat gears. Right now the only attribute combination with concentration as a major stat is Diviner. There are actually a few stats that are a bit overlooked compared to others. Comparison below using PvE gears, and not counting the ones made by combining two attribute sets into a single ascended item or other special cases.

Power major: 7 in three stat, 10 in four stat (17 total)

Condi major: 5 in three stat, 5 in four stat (10 total)

Precision major: 3 in three stat, 3 in four stat (6 total)

Toughness major: 5 in three stat, 4 in four stat (9 total)

Vitality major: 2 in three stat, 3 in four stat (5 total)

Healing power major: 3 in three stat, 2 in four stat (5 total)

Concentration major: 0 in three stat, 1 in four stat (1 total)

Expertise major: 1 in three stat, 0 in four stat (1 total)

Ferocity major: 0 in three stat, 1 in four stat (1 total)

Edited by willow.8209
add total tallies; add ferocity
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Add HoT meta event bouncy chests to be able to be right clicked.  Most of them do not even have a choice option.  Same goes for PvP Rank Up chests.  Those also cannot be right clicked and do not have a choice option.

For anyone who isn't aware, the collar on the medium legendary obsidian coat has pretty massive clipping issues; any sort of long hair or slightly wide/long helmet clips through the collar. I recognize that actually fixing the clipping probably won't happen/will be too much work, so I'd like to suggest an alternative. Have two versions of the skin: the current one with the collar as-is, and one with the collar removed (along with suffused variants), and give them both to anyone who makes the medium coat. That way anybody who's okay with clipping and/or uses hair/helmets that don't clip with the collar can keep using the original version, and the rest of us aren't stuck looking at masses of hair/horns/etc. sticking through the armor.

Clipping

• Thanks 3

We can show current time and daytime in the minimap.

the information about current FPS and ping can be found in options but not be moved to the minimap yet.

it would be helpful to have a checkbox in options that enables FPS and ping under the daytime or any corner of the minimap to have this informations directly on screen specially if one is in search for a reson of a bad connection, etc.

thanks

Edited by SlateSloan.3654
  • Like 4
  • Sad 1

I find it inconvenient that the camera options I set change depending on the situation.
I especially wish there was an option to prevent the field of view from changing automatically when fighting giant bosses.

I mainly use  Action Camera mode. And I use the field of view at about 40%.
I set the vertical position to Near and Far to 100%.
This makes the aiming position and the character position similar to games like Dark Souls, Elden Ring, and Sekiro.
I am playing with this camera setting while watching and reacting to the boss and other users' motions.

However, when fighting a huge boss, the field of view automatically goes up to 100%, which makes me uncomfortable.

Edited by Joonmo.7523
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Please, please, please add more ranks in the guild panel already. This should have been implemented soon as World Restructuring was ☹️ 

Having half the "alliance" guild with ranks, and other half not is just messy.

Pleeeeeeeease 🙏

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Since soto, the wizards vault gives 1 legendary weapon choice every 3 months, which still requires gift of exploration.

This is too old fashion now and needs changing.

Don't you think?

How many times you want us to run around the map doing things we've done 100 times already?

It's tedious, and boring.

It's just plain flatout mind numbing.

You've got to recognise that.

Please add an optional legendary item to craft the legendary other that gift of exploration.

Gift of battle is a breeze to obtain compared to this. You can get it in just mere hours of wvw.

Whilst GoE takes over a week or more. 

I suggest opening up to options.

Instead of gift of exploration, we could use something else.

Maybe a new item obtained through wizards vault by completing dailys.

Let's name it gift of the conqueror, or something along those lines.

So all we need to do is complete a set number of daily and a few weekly tasks, and we're done.

The gift becomes available in the vault. 

Or maybe simpler, just put the gift of exploration available to obtain through daily tasks.

What you think?

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, SoulGuardian.6203 said:

Since soto, the wizards vault gives 1 legendary weapon choice every 3 months, which still requires gift of exploration.

This is too old fashion now and needs changing.

Don't you think?

How many times you want us to run around the map doing things we've done 100 times already?

It's tedious, and boring.

It's just plain flatout mind numbing.

You've got to recognise that.

Please add an optional legendary item to craft the legendary other that gift of exploration.

Gift of battle is a breeze to obtain compared to this. You can get it in just mere hours of wvw.

Whilst GoE takes over a week or more. 

I suggest opening up to options.

Instead of gift of exploration, we could use something else.

Maybe a new item obtained through wizards vault by completing dailys.

Let's name it gift of the conqueror, or something along those lines.

So all we need to do is complete a set number of daily and a few weekly tasks, and we're done.

The gift becomes available in the vault. 

Or maybe simpler, just put the gift of exploration available to obtain through daily tasks.

What you think?

Nah same thing here like the let me get gift of battle without wvw.

Do the content or do gen 2/3 for your weapons instead less maps that way.

• Like 1

On 7/27/2024 at 5:24 AM, willow.8209 said:

It would be great to get more options for concentration stat gears. Right now the only attribute combination with concentration as a major stat is Diviner. There are actually a few stats that are a bit overlooked compared to others. Comparison below using PvE gears, and not counting the ones made by combining two attribute sets into a single ascended item or other special cases.

Power major: 7 in three stat, 10 in four stat (17 total)

Condi major: 5 in three stat, 5 in four stat (10 total)

Precision major: 3 in three stat, 3 in four stat (6 total)

Toughness major: 5 in three stat, 4 in four stat (9 total)

Vitality major: 2 in three stat, 3 in four stat (5 total)

Healing power major: 3 in three stat, 2 in four stat (5 total)

Concentration major: 0 in three stat, 1 in four stat (1 total)

Expertise major: 1 in three stat, 0 in four stat (1 total)

Ferocity major: 0 in three stat, 1 in four stat (1 total)

what I want to say here is that:

Healing is a whole role just like damage, so it should have similar options. It's not merely added sustain like toughness and vitality anymore. 

Boons have become very important so should have more options. Because concentration was added later on, there are fewer options even in minor stats.

It should be easier to find an add-on stat (like adding knight to berzerker--this is doable because you still have only 4 stats: two overlap with what you had anyway) for all the stats. E.g. Vit/precision/power, Vit/precision/condi; Exp/condi/power, Exp/condi/toughness; and so on.

etc.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Would like to bring a topic from 3 years ago back. Topic got sadly closed.

Different Outfits, Gliders, Mounts, Skiffs, Fishing Rods, Jade Bots, Minis for every Equipment Template.

So basically make all the cosmetics work on a template level so we can play some real Fashion Wars.

It is really awful that we cant have different gliders, backpacks and toggles for disabling helmets/shoulders. The invisible cat backpack is not a workaround for this.

A different hair-style per template would also be great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Make hairstlyes available without Kits for Gems.

Add race change to the complete kits for gems.

This would highly improve accesibility to restyle a charackter and push the true engame of fashion wars.

Race and gender change could be still be sold via the Gemstore Kits.

Endless hair change contracs could negate the cost for the barber.

Simply reset the personal story after race change. Let people choose new answers for personal story in the process of the race change.

Edited by Chelu.2095
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Add a Do not show again on pop up tutorial notifications

so we still often get those pop up boxes whenever u need to train a mastery to use something or even as newer alt characters etc when you approach something you haven't done (on that character), latest example for me is walking by a catapult in wvw on an alt when I'm trying to fight players and I'm moving past them every so often, and it is blocking some of my vision telling me to try using the catapult or something. or like tutorial pop ups, anything similar etc, they keep popping up and never stop

PLEASE add a checkbox similar to all other tutorial or notif content we see in various programs , games and platforms saying Do not show again. 

which will prevent that pop up from constantly show up ongoing. I think it's okay that it pops up the first time but every time is pretty annoying.

Edited by keyokku.5412
  • Like 3

I would love to see a system message saying whether Autotarget is turned on/off whenever and however it's toggled. Especially when the keybind for toggling Autotarget is used. It would be nice to see this for other settings that have a keybind to toggle.

• Like 1

Please give Expanded Weapon Proficiency upfront with a Secrets of the Obscure purchase.

I'm a new-ish player with a Mesmer character. I want to play story content in order of release as not to spoil myself. I'm getting kinda antsy on the Living World seasons ramping up to the first expansion. I'd have more fun with more weapons to fuss around with, I think. I'd be willing to pay for the opportunity, but I'm reticent knowing I'd have to get chapters deep (or play tons and tons of WvW) before then.

• Confused 2

Hello, 

My brother and I just worked on getting the Lion's Pride item because we have always loved the look and feel of old lions arch. We were hoping to request some minor QoL changes into the instance Lion's Pride puts you in. Mainly a guild bank and leader of the pack boon in the instance. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Sirus 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Requesting again for action camera:

- toggle on centres the cursor at crosshair position (so toggle off has the cursor in the same position every time)

- right click is skill 2 (or bindable to another weapon skill) when action camera toggled on.

I want to use the in-game solution and not autohotkey, but these two features continue to prevent me making that transition.

as long as we're talking about action camera, we need an option to split action camera into two functions that can be used separately or together (together would be how it is now)

• motion direction just from moving the mouse (so people don't have to continually grip the mouse button)
  • targeting done by where cursor is pointing 

Basically I'm asking to improve disability accessibility. As it is now, using the action camera or not has an accessible feature and an inaccessible feature (for people with disabilities like mine--maybe someone else would find a different set is better, but I know I'm not the only person since I've seen others ask for this).

state right now:

Action camera off:

1.  Gripping the mouse is inaccessible for some
  2. Targeting assistance is more accessible for some

Action camera on:

1.  Needing to get a perfect target is inaccessible for some 
  2.  Not having to grip the mouse is more accessible for some players

It would be better to be able to combine both (2) points, for a more accessible experience. 

• Confused 3

As an achievement hunter, it would be really, very nice if the story chapters were organized and labelled like the recent expansions. With so many of them, you just have to know the chapter name and then scroll and scroll and hope you don't miss it.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2