Quality-of-Life Requests and Suggestions (New for 2024)

I bet this has been asked a lot before.

But can we get Graphical Setting Profiles, at least 3, for those of us that switch constantly between low and high graphics going from PvE into WvW.

And yes, there are predefined options, but even those are not optimized as a personal profile would, for example, i don't need to downsample my game as the default best performance option does, nor i do want shadows in ultra setting as the best apareance do.

Personal profiles would be so much better. 

Edited by Inssengrimm.7924
  • Like 6
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Display Skill Bar for Simon Says Type Games when Dynamic UI is Enabled

I loved the Dynamic UI update and play with custom settings so that the majority of my UI items are hidden during exploration and appear during combat. This includes having my Skill Bar hidden, which normally is not an issue.

However, this becomes a problem during "Simon Says" type games, such as those used for Lesser & Greater Arcane Chests which require hitting specific skill bar items in a specific order. During these minigames/skill challenges, the skill bar remains hidden as this is still out of combat, and so I cannot see what skills need to press. My current workaround is using the "Show UI" keybind to display the skill bar between steps, however this becomes very annoying, especially after looting multiple chests in a row or with longer skill challenges, as it requires pressing the keybind to see the next skill, releasing it to hit the number, and repeating.
It would be a great QOL feature to have these minigames display the skill bar, as it does in combat. This would help keep the Dynamic UI system working consistently in exploration vs. combat while not creating these minor but repetitive annoyances whenever a player wants to loot an arcane chest or undertake a similar skill challenge. Perhaps this could be tied to the "Time Running Out" buff that gets applied that also prevents mounting when doing these skill challenges?

• Like 4

Not sure if this is the right place for this.. And I'm certain it has been mentioned before..

But I think it would be appreciated by many new players if the legendary bosses in the Silverwastes appear more frequently during the defend phase, since they're defeated so easily & fast these days. (if they show up at all) It makes it hard for new players to unlock the mastery points that you get from defeating them.

• Like 3

With the new Vault season coming, once again asking for Clovers to become a 300AA buy after the cap. In fact, all the time-limited items could use the same treatment that Gold gets and let us decide what's more valuable to us. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

20 hours ago, Mystflower.7319 said:

But I think it would be appreciated by many new players if the legendary bosses in the Silverwastes appear more frequently during the defend phase, since they're defeated so easily & fast these days. (if they show up at all) It makes it hard for new players to unlock the mastery points that you get from defeating them.

I agree with the problem. I've been thanking the six that I've got these achievements waaaay before the powercreep.

Alternative solution: make them harder to defeat. They don't scale up fast enough when the zerk comes in, maybe they should start at a higher difficulty.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Few many times asked changes that we still did not get.

Wizard Vault:

Let us finally manually write the number of how many items we want to buy. It is very annoying and time consuming to click 90 times just to buy 150 laurels. We really do not need extra clicks, we already have boxes inside boxes for that. 

Stop changing order of items every release, one time mystic coins are at the bottom of the list, next release they are at top, why? You have same amount of items every time (except one release I believe) just have those items that are in the vaul every time in SAME positions. You can even add them to top rows, so only bottom rows will change (seasonal skins and seasonal items). 

Those are two very simple changes to make that will make life much easier.

Add some new items and adjust the prices. Item I think about the most is supreme runes of holding, there is still not enough of them in the economy. 1-2 black lion keys per season would be also nice. You can do that even with wardrobe unlocks. Bag slots or even 20-24 bags.

Get rid or change prices of T5 bags, who even thought about this price? Does not make sense at all. Same goes for obsidian shards, 1 is definitely not worth 50 AA. And Luck Essences? One green luck for 6AA is some real joke, 6AA is 1 golds (for first 90 golds) for one gold you can get atleast half stack of luck + tons of mats if you just salvage gear.

Black Lion chests:

Finally get rid of transmutation charges, we get them everywhere and they become more and more useless with all the legendaries we make. Not everyone, I know, but it has nothing to do in black lion chests for many years. Same with T5 material bags. You buy a key for 125 gems and if you are very lucky you get 10 silvers T5 bag and totally useless transmutation charge. 

Fashion:

The biggest issue with fashion right now is, and it was requested for years, that we can not save gliders, glider dyes, mounts, mount dyes, gear checkboxes and outfits PER template. I am so tired of making pretty skin and dye combo but knowing that with each different template I have to use same mounts and gliders. We have templates for years and it is still not finished. Nice that we can have different stats but not everyone like to have one theme for each template. My heal guard for example is blue but my condi is red theme, sadly mounts and gliders are same for both of them. Totally ruining the fashion.

Let us preview and mix in preview the infusions, I really do not get why it is still not in the game. How about having actual wardrobe in the homestead where we can freely try all skins and mix infusions with them, even those that are locked for us? Lets say you can wear it for 10 minutes after you use it (only inside the homestead), so you can test how it looks when you run and so on, then it dissapear and you return to your old skins. 

Thank you for reading.

• Like 5

Nice QOL for EoD with Lanterns being updated to work like in SOTO (not needing Jade battery charges) and also moving some so they are not locked behind meta events or events in general (Meta on Seitung, Aspenwood, Jade Wind's Respite etc)

• Like 3

In PvE / Open World, I usually have auto-attack turned on for dps / simplicity, but in WvW / PvP, I always disable it because it can mess you up (reflects, mirage ambush when you don't want to do it, air aura, etc). 

It gets tedious having to click on the icon twice (once per weapon set) every time I move from WvW to PvE and vice versa. It would be nice if the equipment template remembers your choice of auto-attack selection.

Side note: It would be nice to get a new keyboard option for swapping both build and equipment templates simultaneously, as an option. Right now, I have build templates bound to F[1-8] and equipment templates to Shift + [1-8], but since they always match, I always have to press two shorcuts to swap builds. Would be great to have an extra set of shortcuts so we could do something like Ctrl + [1-8] to swap both in one shortcut. 

• Like 1

Hi Anet

You know how you moved the lanterns in SotO so they weren't locked behind events? 

At the moment, the Lighting the Echovald Wilds achievement is locked behind the Aspenwood meta, which runs every two hours. What are the odds of moving the lanterns in Aspenwood Research Facility to somewhere outside the facility so we can reach them without running the gauntlet?

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Hello, 

Note:  I have not read or kept up with this thread so I am out of the loop if my QoL suggestions were already mentioned (but more is more right?).

Edit:     Being able to alter my screen like in GW1.  Ability to pick which grouping to put move them to a more viewable spot on my screen would be fantastic. 

Edit:     *Separating Food/utility buffs from Boons and Conditions would be phenomenal.  Make multiple rows and the player able to decide the order of the rows and where they are on the screen and how big.

Jade Mech skins and colours.  Surely some of us have destroyed our Mechs and require 2.0 or 3.0 versions.

More GW1 throwbacks.  In particular Vabbian Light Armour, Vintage Luxon and Kurzick armours.

Wallet sort by Alphabetical.

Bank tabs to be renamable.

Clarity on Set Up changes; such as previews to what the graphics change would do . (I am not saavy with the lingo)

That's it (for now).  Thank you for reading 🙂

Edited by AmusingMoniker.3560
  • Like 1

sPvP rank level finishers, cosmetics and suggestions. ATM you stop earning anything worthwhile after dragon rank at 80. There are plenty of players with well over the 469 myself included. I suggest an update to the rank system that supplies new finishers every 50 or 100 ranks and a purple title at pvp rank 1,000 with its own unique finisher that fits the theme of the title. something to give old school pvp players something to work towards that wont seem as daunting because there will be constant small rewards every 50-100 ranks. if wvw has a similar system then there's no reason something like this shouldn't exist for sPvP.

so the idea laid out in a more easy to read method.

-new ranks above 80

-ranks are every 50-100 pvp ranks

-new finishers tied to new ranks

-purple or red title at sPvP rank 1000 + finisher that matches titles theme

• Like 1

Passive LFG

Currently the LFG has numerous categories that go mostly unused since little help comes from there, and little help comes from there because they often go unchecked.

Yet there's always players willing to lend a hand if they can be prompted, which leaves the community often suggesting people ask in map chat, with the limited reach of this being a hinder.

Passive LFG would have players check boxes to certain categories they're willing to help with and be prompted on screen with a window (not dissimilar from tutorial ones) when a listing gets added to the LFG, with the ability to join the party from the prompt window.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Probably the biggest quality of life to the game is some way of show to the New players what to do. People do not understand the magic of the liberty that the game adress to you, and there are two types of players that come from others mmo: the Quest ones and the Grind ones; lets be honest we like the game the way it is, but is a pain to try to bring new players to the game and teach them, they feel lost in the infinite ways of play the game and go away from the game.

For me i Just would like not to be stressful cleaning my inventory each 5m of play.

• Confused 2

The Legendary armor for SotO still requires Unusual Coins to craft. And you just wiped out my reserves of unusual coins! Can you switch that requirement to use Ancient coins where all my coins went? I put my legendary crafting on pause when you disabled the API, and now you set me back several days or maybe weeks (I can't remember how many coins I lost so I can't give a good estimate.) 

• Like 3

For my own Quality of (real) Life, please don't put events back to back so often. Give us a week in between so we don't feel so overwhelmed with all the stuff we "have" to do. I find myself waiting for an event to end to have enough time to do my regular stuff (achieves, quests, map completion, etc.), only to find another event starts right away and because it's time-limited, I feel compelled to work on that.

Sorry that I'm a completionist! 

• Like 2

I absolutely love all the skins in this game. 

However they are clogging my inventory as I tend to hold on to them to not lose the free application of said skin. I would like one of the two following solutions: Either make the skins like the finishers and allow us to store them in the wardrobe with a little number to tell how many charges we've unlocked OR don't have them auto unlock in the wardrobe and give us the choice to lose the free application of the skin to store them in the wardrobe. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not sure if it belongs here, but please stop putting chat bubbles over our characters when they are in combat, especially the comm messages from NPCs. They block the view of important mechanics. Unless I missed the option to hide only NPC chat bubbles in combat?

• Like 2