June 25 Balance Update Preview

On 5/24/2024 at 2:23 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Weaver

• Earthen Synergy: Reduced the cooldown from 20 seconds to 15 seconds in PvE only. Increased the power coefficients from 0.77/0.33 to 1.4/1.0 in PvE. Reduced the power coefficients from 0.77/0.33 to 0.01/0.01 in WvW and PvP.

On 5/24/2024 at 3:57 PM, Merloin.4816 said:

where ele nerfs?

One BIG nerf in wvw/pvp, everything else is a slight buff.

On 5/24/2024 at 8:23 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

As always, the goal of previewing these changes is to gather your feedback before the live release. We'll be following the conversation and making further adjustments as needed.

Feedback so positive that no changes are needed apparently. Impressive.The balance team rules!
https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/147775-game-update-notes-june-25-2024/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

@Rubi Bayer.8493 what do the other classes need to do to get even half the love that guardian gets? I'm a happy for firebrand players to be getting a bigger arc on their mantras, but that was the weakness of the elite spec. 

When will others see their weaknesses lessened? We have elite specs that just don't work and aren't getting fixed e.g. Catalyst and its horrific energy for spheres.

Please all I'm asking for is more fairness, this is literally the balance update, asking for even a remotely fair amount of balance shouldn't be too much.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

17 minutes ago, Yogurt Goblin.5934 said:

@Rubi Bayer.8493 what do the other classes need to do to get even half the love that guardian gets? I'm a happy for firebrand players to be getting a bigger arc on their mantras, but that was the weakness of the elite spec. 

When will others see their weaknesses lessened? We have elite specs that just don't work and aren't getting fixed e.g. Catalyst and its horrific energy for spheres.

Please all I'm asking for is more fairness, this is literally the balance update, asking for even a remotely fair amount of balance shouldn't be too much.

Ah yes, people are definitely stacking HFB and WB in end game content, not cVirt and Scourges

Also Lonely Tower CM first clears were done stacking 5 guardians

Edited by Supernova Starr.2069
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Ah yes, people are definetly stacking HFB and WB in end game content, not cVirt and Scourges

Also Lonely Tower CM first clears were done stacking 5 guardians

Exactly, so why isn't every class getting the weaknesses fixed? Why just guardian?

I agree cVirt and Scourges do their jobs too well and should either be brought in line with others or others brought up to their level, but ALL classes should get the same treatment, not just one.

• Confused 3

I know it was inevitable that scepter be taken own a notch on ele after the slog that is pistol was introduced, but I think that this is definitely going to harm scepter in the long run, never help it. Elementalist as a class has its weapons always fighting for supremacy considering it's one that cannot swap. The best power weapons and the best condi weapons for the job will always be just that. I despite condipistol and love condiscepter in instanced content, but I know the objective is to force pistol into the condi slot for good. I'm worried that, by focusing so hard on scepter as a power weapon, you're making it directly compete with all the other power weapons Elementalist has to offer. Is it really going to be better than sword? Staff, yes,  always, but how about power hammer? It has range, but you're introducing Spear soon as a completely selfish, one-tone power build weapon at 1200 range instead of 900, and possibly doing more damage as a whole. With nerfs to Fresh Air PvP builds chipping away at its burst and utility, and now these changes, I wonder if scepter is going to have any place at all anymore.

i still dont understand why u dont make every class equal in pve(dmg wise) and boost/nerf npc's based on how it goes.

balance should focus on PvP/WvW not on some braindead computer wacking npc no1 cares if every1 does 1million dmg a swing in pve.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

So you baboons actually went ahead and killed yet another fun gimmick build that is FA weaver. Surprising you people didn't touch fire auto attack on scepter in order to make pistol look good instead of destroying Earthen Synergy right after butchering arcane skills. Guess it's unfair to rest of the professionals when ele does cc and and damage but fine with bladesworn, thieves, etc doing millions of daze, stun, immob while dishing out truck tons of burst at same time huh?

• Haha 2

After logged in for 5 minutes...

"Never tolerate disrespect. The more chances you give someone the less respect they'll start to have for you. They'll begin to ignore the standards that you've set because they'll know another chance will always be given. They're not afraid to lose you because they know no matter what you won't walk away. They get comfortable with depending on your forgiveness."

“Stop trying to change someone who does not want to change. Stop giving chances to someone who abuses your forgiveness. Stop walking back to the place where your heart ran from. Stop trusting their words and ignoring their actions."

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

On 6/25/2024 at 7:22 PM, Lalary.3561 said:

So you baboons actually went ahead and killed yet another fun gimmick build that is FA weaver. Surprising you people didn't touch fire auto attack on scepter in order to make pistol look good instead of destroying Earthen Synergy right after butchering arcane skills. Guess it's unfair to rest of the professionals when ele does cc and and damage but fine with bladesworn, thieves, etc doing millions of daze, stun, immob while dishing out truck tons of burst at same time huh?

No truer words have been said. Not to mention Daredevil and Willbenders completely unmatched and asinine ability to run away from combat and then turn back into combat from 1500+ away and just smash your face in within 3 seconds evading or blocking every attack while they do it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2024 at 8:23 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

As always, the goal of previewing these changes is to gather your feedback before the live release. We'll be following the conversation and making further adjustments as needed.

Am I wrong or has once again not one point from all the player feedback been implemented?

• Thanks 5