Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Legendary Relic - Quantity of Lucent Motes necessary is ridiculous.


Recommended Posts

Is it just me or is 187,500 a ridiculous number of Lucent Motes needed?  

You'd need to salvage 200,000 items to get that and in the last 10 years I've only salvaged 320,000 items total. Do I really need to play and salvage another 5 years worth of drops to make this with my own materials?

  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is a ludicrous amount to expect anyone to gather on their own alright but I don't think they intend anyone to do that. They intend these legendary tunes, sigils and relics as TP sinks. The same happened with mithril, elder wood and T5 mats for the gen2 legendary weapons.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well, the Mystic Forge recipe for Mystic Facet has a random chance to make 5 instead of of 1, skipping 30,000 Lucent Motes, so although rare, it's possible to get lucky and do it for less. It's a slow and steady thing for me, because I'm not in any huge rush to get the relic.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You're not really meant to craft anything by yourself. The entire reward structure and crafting system of this game is balanced around shifting crafting materials from many players who don't need them, to a few players who do need them, via the Trading Post. This is why bosses explode into 37 useless crafting materials when you're done processing the boxes-in-boxes: you might not need any of those materials, but someone needs 20,000 of material A, someone else needs 35,000 of material B, and so on. On the other side, you need 187,500 useless materials. You aren't supposed to get them by salvaging 200,000 items by yourself. You're supposed to get them from 2,000 players each salvaging 100 items.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

It is a ludicrous amount to expect anyone to gather on their own alright but I don't think they intend anyone to do that. They intend these legendary tunes, sigils and relics as TP sinks. The same happened with mithril, elder wood and T5 mats for the gen2 legendary weapons.

It is essentially the same thing. If you cannot farm it yourself, they TP price will be very high. Right now its about 1100g just for the motes.

 

41 minutes ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Well, the Mystic Forge recipe for Mystic Facet has a random chance to make 5 instead of of 1, skipping 30,000 Lucent Motes, so although rare, it's possible to get lucky and do it for less. It's a slow and steady thing for me, because I'm not in any huge rush to get the relic.

I was thinking that myself, but the slow and steady route is literally half a decade.

24 minutes ago, Shaman.2034 said:

You're not really meant to craft anything by yourself. The entire reward structure and crafting system of this game is balanced around shifting crafting materials from many players who don't need them, to a few players who do need them, via the Trading Post. This is why bosses explode into 37 useless crafting materials when you're done processing the boxes-in-boxes: you might not need any of those materials, but someone needs 20,000 of material A, someone else needs 35,000 of material B, and so on. On the other side, you need 187,500 useless materials. You aren't supposed to get them by salvaging 200,000 items by yourself. You're supposed to get them from 2,000 players each salvaging 100 items.

But those 2000 players also want those 187,500 items each.

I farmed every single item needed to craft like five T1 legendary weapons. Every single item. Same goes for every foefire weapon. The grind of farming hundreds of Charged Lodestones is nothing compared to this.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

But those 2000 players also want those 187,500 items each.

Do they? Is there a reason you're assuming everyone wants to craft the item? Some people just don't. Shaman's point is valid to a degree. The fact the item is on the TP means someone doesn't have a use for it and is willing to sell it. The fact it's price isn't dirt means that someone does and is willing to pay for it. 

As has been stated many things are designed to drive then economy and not be completely done yourself. Sure you have the option of doing everything on your own. But, as you've figured out, sometimes that's the long way of doing it. 

Edited by Sigmoid.7082
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

I was thinking that myself, but the slow and steady route is literally half a decade.

Again, probably depends on how much you play, what content you play, and how lucky you get. I haven't got the 5 instead of 1 result so far; I've been converting motes to crystals and crystals to facets as soon as I have 750 of them, and I have 3 facets so far. So roughly 1 a month, 15 months of play unless I get lucky with the forge.

But that's on an average of probably 1-1.5 stacks of green unids salvaged per day. I could probably step it up quite a lot if I farmed Gyala Delve excessively, which showers you in green unids.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Is it just me or is 187,500 a ridiculous number of Lucent Motes needed?  

You'd need to salvage 200,000 items to get that and in the last 10 years I've only salvaged 320,000 items total. Do I really need to play and salvage another 5 years worth of drops to make this with my own materials?

It's not just you, others already noted as well 🙂 

 

23 minutes ago, Eekasqueak.7850 said:

I got it free by making the rune. 

I got it for free for already having the runes, but that's not a way new player can follow.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

Do they? Is there a reason you're assuming everyone wants to craft the item? Some people just don't. Shaman's point is valid to a degree. The fact the item is on the TP means someone doesn't have a use for it and is willing to sell it. The fact it's price isn't dirt means that someone does and is willing to pay for it. 

As has been stated many things are designed to drive then economy and not be completely done yourself. Sure you have the option of doing everything on your own. But, as you've figured out, sometimes that's the long way of doing it. 

Yes, as evidenced by the 500% increase in price.

Even to just buy them from the TP is tedious AF. 

It's SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY stacks. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/25/2024 at 4:58 AM, Shaman.2034 said:

You're not really meant to craft anything by yourself.

Not since the game first launched, anyway, and maybe up through the release of HoT. That was around the time at which mats farming/refining/crafting started to cost as much or more than just buying stuff outright.

DIY crafting started off being the always-cheaper option, but that hasn't really been the case for a lot (if not the majority) of items in quite a long time. Nowadays it's frequently far more expensive, because some of the component materials spiked in price once people started making the things that require those.

That said, any recipe requiring 18,750 of anything is ludicrous, and honestly that kinda feels more like ANet was going for a twofer: both a mats sink and a time gate. What a deal!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Futa.4375 said:

If it weren't clear enough since the release of SotO, they want people to buy gems for gold as much as possible.

Yeah, that's why things like Aurora, Vision, Coalescence and Ad Infinitum all cost more than the Legendary Relic despite all of those being over 5 years old, or how Legendary weapons are the same price as the Relic despite being a lot older.
t would help if you played the game more to familiarize yourself with crafting prices of LEGENDARIES in game.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Yeah, that's why things like Aurora, Vision, Coalescence and Ad Infinitum all cost more than the Legendary Relic despite all of those being over 5 years old, or how Legendary weapons are the same price as the Relic despite being a lot older.
t would help if you played the game more to familiarize yourself with crafting prices of LEGENDARIES in game.

We're talking about cost price here and Gen1 and Gen3 weapons cost around 1300-1400g, the relic around 1600-1700g and Gen2 weapons around 2300-2400g (source: gw2efficiency). So the cost of the relic is more expensive than Gen1 and Gen3 weapons but less than Gen2 weapons. ergo not the same as legendary weapons.

Also the trinkets you mention cost between 1800-2000g, so they are well cheaper than Gen2 weapons.

So I suppose you should follow your own advice 😉

Edit clarification: I'm talking crafting cost when I say cost

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

We're talking about cost price here and Gen1 and Gen3 weapons cost around 1300-1400g, the relic around 1600-1700g and Gen2 weapons around 2300-2400g (source: gw2efficiency). So the cost of the relic is more expensive than Gen1 and Gen3 weapons but less than Gen2 weapons. ergo not the same as legendary weapons.

Also the trinkets you mention cost between 1800-2000g, so they are well cheaper than Gen2 weapons.

So I suppose you should follow your own advice 😉

Yes, I was talking about cost in my comment, it was the 12th word in my comment, should have read the whole comment instead of bits, if Gen1 is 1300-1400 then 12-13 Gen 1 aren't even Gen 1, good to know if we are being nitpicky. 
I don't really know why it matters that Trinkets are cheaper than Gen 2 weapons when all of them are more expensive than the "too expensive" Relic, commenting "Hurr durr Gen 1 1300-1400" would have been not enough and had to pad it out?  

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

Yes, I was talking about cost in my comment, it was the 12th word in my comment, should have read the whole comment instead of bits, if Gen1 is 1300-1400 then 12-13 Gen 1 aren't even Gen 1, good to know if we are being nitpicky. 
I don't really know why it matters that Trinkets are cheaper than Gen 2 weapons when all of them are more expensive than the "too expensive" Relic, commenting "Hurr durr Gen 1 1300-1400" would have been not enough and had to pad it out?  

You made a statement that wasn't correct and told the other person to check prices. The trinket costs were a sidenote for completeness.  I was making that Gen2 legendaries were a lot more expensive than the relic and as a sidenote also more expensive than the trinkets to make.

And I did read the word cost in your post but you said that the cost of legendary weapons was the same and I've proved that they aren't the same. You then proceed to compare the cost of the relic to the PRICE of Gen1 weapons. Which by itself is disingenuous to make that comparison but also only the price of Gen1 weapons who featured in the legendary starter kit compare to the cost of the relic and the remaining Gen1 weapons have a price of around 2400g on the TP.

So whichever way you try to turn it, your statement about legendary weapons was incorrect. My clarification was just about my post and not about yours btw.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582 said:

Yes, as evidenced by the 500% increase in price.

Even to just buy them from the TP is tedious AF. 

It's SEVEN HUNDRED AND FIFTY stacks. 

You can also just buy the facets, or the piles, then it's much less tedious.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

You made a statement that wasn't correct and told the other person to check prices. The trinket costs were a sidenote for completeness.  I was making that Gen2 legendaries were a lot more expensive than the relic and as a sidenote also more expensive than the trinkets to make.

Sidenote to what? To repeat my comment?

3 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

And I did read the word cost in your post but you said that the cost of legendary weapons was the same and I've proved that they aren't the same. You then proceed to compare the cost of the relic to the PRICE of Gen1 weapons. Which by itself is disingenuous to make that comparison but also only the price of Gen1 weapons who featured in the legendary starter kit compare to the cost of the relic and the remaining Gen1 weapons have a price of around 2400g on the TP.

Yeah, I did say price, even though it should have been cost, but considering you can't buy Legendary Relics on TP and before that I was talking about costs it should have been evident.

4 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

So whichever way you try to turn it, your statement about legendary weapons was incorrect. My clarification was just about my post and not about yours btw.

Your clarification was also incorrect as the majority of Gen 1 doesn't fall into the 

36 minutes ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

Gen1 and Gen3 weapons cost around 1300-1400g

range, but hey, only I'm incorrect. You bringing up sources and STILL getting it wrong is completely fine, eh?

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Teknomancer.4895 said:

Not since the game first launched, anyway, and maybe up through the release of HoT. That was around the time at which mats farming/refining/crafting started to cost as much or more than just buying stuff outright.

DIY crafting started off being the always-cheaper option, but that hasn't really been the case for a lot (if not the majority) of items in quite a long time. Nowadays it's frequently far more expensive, because some of the component materials spiked in price once people started making the things that require those.

That said, any recipe requiring 18,750 of anything is ludicrous, and honestly that kinda feels more like ANet was going for a twofer: both a mats sink and a time gate. What a deal!

you kill that many mob a week. Big numbers on an MMO are less impressive when you look at aggregate numbers and their scales.   Look at how many ore units go into asd armor. How cam anyone ever harvest that much in a life time??

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...