Alac & Heal Auras ONE TRAIT - Please Anet

I want to stay optimistic and say I know one day Heal Tempest will get reworked where we can have the best of both worlds like all of the other healers. Heal Tempest is the only one who has to really give up a big part of their kit to provide the needed boons. 

Anet - We need to be able to provide Alac and healing auras. Make them one trait please. 

if I could have another wish come true it would be to make all of our overload radius at least 360 so it’s easier to spread boons. 

I love HAT, I will always play - I just hope one day we get more love to be more competitive. 

• Like 9

Yeah, the separation of 2 supports traits in grandmaster + a DPS one with so huge gap, is a big issue. It seems like you're forced to go full support healing/BD because the DPS is kitten anyway, but actually you can't dispose of all related traits.

I would like alacrity (or self alacrity)  in Major Master traits, or even Minor traits. It would be nice, as we already have no quickness/alacrity in core, to benefit alacrity for ourselves in OW/PvP without  sacrificing a dps modifier (or heal).  Alacrity on shouts, overload, warhorn, ... whatever. Like mechanist for example.
And so Grandmaster with the dps modifier trait, the heal+alac spread trait, and last one as self sustain or else.

personally, i want them to move heal aura to water trait and move powerful auras from water to arcane. that way heal tempest and heal catalyst auramancers could be a thing while at the same providing their unique boons. with how powerful heal auras are i feel it should be on a core traitline.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crosknight.3041 said:

personally, i want them to move heal aura to water trait and move powerful auras from water to arcane. that way heal tempest and heal catalyst auramancers could be a thing while at the same providing their unique boons. with how powerful heal auras are i feel it should be on a core traitline.

Oh yes this plz , a combination between Powerful Aura and Elemental Bastion in water traitline or separated as you said (anyway gm traits from arcane are underwhelming as healer) , they can remove the frost aura proc when under 75% life i think nobody cares about that , but healing when sharing an aura ! chuncky ! that's the kind of rework that will make me play my htemp a lot, like the old days , when all that blabbering about alacrity/quickness was not there.

• Like 3

Oh yes yes and yes!! I've been wanting that for a long while now! heal tempest would feel a lot more natural when a majority of its tool kit gives auras that trigger aura-related traits from whatever 2 core traitlines tempest takes. it really sucks using overloads off cooldown to provide alacrity, and then you get interrupted midway into your overload. then you lose out on alacrity pulses. lucid singularity can become something else, such as self-sustain. I would replay my tempest if they merged these into elemental bastion.

I feel like Heal Tempest only need 2 changes:

- Delete Gale Song. Replace it with Invigorating Torrents in Minor. (I’ve always felt Invigorating Torrents is too weak to be a Master anyway, and new Gale Song is garbage.)

- Elemental Bastion fills the previous space of Invigorating Torrents. 

And that would make Heal Tempest complete. My dream is that Lucid Singularity makes Overloads pulse some healing as well a la Necro’s Transfusion.

New Grandmaster for the hole left by Elemental Bastion could be whatever.

On 5/29/2024 at 7:06 PM, crosknight.3041 said:

On top of this, I suggest they change the mechanics of Elemental Bastion. Currently if in a squad, EB healing does not overflow to other sub squads unless they are out of range. Since EB healing is tied to auras = auras like boons prioritize party = no healing overflow. Basically EB Tempest is a "selfish" party only healer which is one of the main reasons why it is the "worst" meta healer in WvW. 

11 hours ago, Kyon.9735 said:

On top of this, I suggest they change the mechanics of Elemental Bastion. Currently if in a squad, EB healing does not overflow to other sub squads unless they are out of range. Since EB healing is tied to auras = auras like boons prioritize party = no healing overflow.

on a side note: can we get a relic that converts overflow healing into barrier?
but yeah, if EB and PA are combined, it would be easier to prioritize the healing portion of it.

17 hours ago, ZephidelGRS.9520 said:

New Grandmaster for the hole left by Elemental Bastion could be whatever.

honestly always wanted a GM that allows you to cast your overloads as a range cast

• Thanks 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/28/2024 at 4:58 AM, Gabbs.1087 said:

Heal Tempest is the only one who has to really give up a big part of their kit to provide the needed boons. 

In fact, scourge has the exact same problem with their alacrity trait being a grandmaster that competes with big shroud, aka 10 target barrier, cleanse and protection. And the fact that their beloved necro has been having the same issue for a while now, with no sign of them wanting to change it doesn't make me any more optimistic for elementalist.

Edited by vardeleanu.8972
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vardeleanu.8972 said:

In fact, scourge has the exact same problem with their alacrity trait being a grandmaster that competes with big shroud, aka 10 target barrier, cleanse and protection. And the fact that their beloved necro has been having the same issue for a while now, with no sign of them wanting to change it doesn't make me any more optimistic for elementalist.

There's also Druid with its Lingering Light. Those traits are simply directed at PvP where the Alac trait doesn't give Alac but things like Might or Vigor.

I 100% agree. I think Tempest's Latent Stamina as a very water-themed trait could be incorporated into core water traitline somehow, with Elemental Bastion taking its place instead (of course that would also mean nerfing this trait a little bit, which is fair considering how much healing this trait can provide). I really like the changes they've made to allow Tempests to provide fury as well, but I still don't really see a reason to play Tempest over something like Druid or Chrono in any PvE scenario (well, unless someone simply enjoys it). Being stuck into melee, with low radius on fire overload (180) and earth overload (240) is what limits this build's potential.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/1/2024 at 2:49 PM, Szatko.8132 said:

I 100% agree. I think Tempest's Latent Stamina as a very water-themed trait could be incorporated into core water traitline somehow, with Elemental Bastion taking its place instead (of course that would also mean nerfing this trait a little bit, which is fair considering how much healing this trait can provide). I really like the changes they've made to allow Tempests to provide fury as well, but I still don't really see a reason to play Tempest over something like Druid or Chrono in any PvE scenario (well, unless someone simply enjoys it). Being stuck into melee, with low radius on fire overload (180) and earth overload (240) is what limits this build's potential.

What about no? Elemental Bastion is vital for self-sustain on offensive/roaming/duelling tempest so we don't touch it. You have the other 2 useless GM , put your alacrity there! 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Removing alacrity from Lucid Singularity in WvW nerfed survivability and overall enjoyment of the class more than anything they've ever done. I feel like a sitting duck vs all the teleport/quickness classes with the nukes received by having low toughness from last year's Stone Heart nerf. I have 4000 hours on Elementalist. I do not enjoy small fights (5-10 enemies). I can barely heal anyone, and I definitely can't rez someone safely unless I use mistform, because Obsidian Flesh was made a channel. I know all the nerfs. They are all terrible.

Re: upcoming patch - Gaining resistance from healing in the upcoming patch is good. Increased blast finishers and Frozen Burst creating an ice field that it also blasts is good. Earthen Rush cd reduced is good. Frost aura lasting 1s instead of 2s is a completely unnecessary a change. Instead of sharing auras, we can have 300 more vitality, which is great for soloing, but playing ele solo is pretty miserarble imo. A lot of the changes say PVE only on them. WvW is where we suffer the most right now. Getting corrupted and cc'd repeatedly makes kiting extremely difficult. I looked at the other extremely strong classes and see that they are gaining power in WvW. Cool. 

On 6/3/2024 at 6:35 AM, Arheundel.6451 said:

What about no? Elemental Bastion is vital for self-sustain on offensive/roaming/duelling tempest so we don't touch it. You have the other 2 useless GM , put your alacrity there! 

They could as well move alacrity trait instead of elemental bastion if it hurts any existing and healthy builds lol

On 5/31/2024 at 3:00 PM, Kyon.9735 said:

On top of this, I suggest they change the mechanics of Elemental Bastion. Currently if in a squad, EB healing does not overflow to other sub squads unless they are out of range. Since EB healing is tied to auras = auras like boons prioritize party = no healing overflow. Basically EB Tempest is a "selfish" party only healer which is one of the main reasons why it is the "worst" meta healer in WvW. 

one way to sort that out is to tie your own aura to the healing , like this "receiving an aura heal allies around you" but ofc then they need to nerf the healing output because this + soothing mist improved +100% healing will be busted into passiv healing.

but first allow us to use EB with alacrity sharing.