Thoughts on Throwing Spear?

oscuro.9720

7 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

I'd love for it to be ranged and heavily Paragon-themed.

But given this is about Warrior, it's far more likely going to be yet another melee power weapon.

It'll probably be range but given anets history with warriors you'll have to retrieve it after every throw.

• Haha 4

Posted (edited)

Spear autos velocity is bound to be slow. It's not a gun, it's not a bow.
And slow projectiles are easily evaded.

Unless it's the  "needs precise aiming" spear which then will likely be allowed to have both damage and velocity.
If not then I'd like a hybrid weapon (melee/range) where ranged part is left to abilities with a cd, as these are likely to not suck.
Underwater version of spear after some modernization and skill replacing where needed (burst, skill 5) is a good start.

Most importantly however, I would like an option to boost these ranged abilities to the levels of meta dps ranged builds on other professions.
Ofc for a price/risk. If you play right - spear goes brrr. If not you pay a high price for a wasted opportunity.

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Jzaku.9765 said:

Well spears are confirmed to be 2H, but I would be pretty upset about ranged spear when they could just buff Rifle to not be completely garbage. 

Rifle did get some buffs last year around this time, would be nice if we could finish the job by unrooting Killshot, letting brutal shot shoot before rolling and buffing damage numbers a bit in PVE.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2023-06-27#Warrior

To be fair though, the same patch they gutted Arc Divider, nerfed Gunflame and removed most cooldown reductions in warrior trait lines. So im always a little sceptical towards the monkeys paw balancing going on.

57 minutes ago, WingSwipe.3084 said:

Rifle did get some buffs last year around this time, would be nice if we could finish the job by unrooting Killshot, letting brutal shot shoot before rolling and buffing damage numbers a bit in PVE.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2023-06-27#Warrior

To be fair though, the same patch they gutted Arc Divider, nerfed Gunflame and removed most cooldown reductions in warrior trait lines. So im always a little sceptical towards the monkeys paw balancing going on.

Imo, rifles got more problems than just essentially damage, nonexhaustively being extremely low utility in our power crept world, and most damningly being bad at feeding itself adrenaline to spam it's burst skill.

On 6/8/2024 at 9:59 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

How would you all feel if Warrior got a 1h or 2h throwing spear with a 1200 range auto?

It needs to be. Anything less would be un-useable. That said, the hybrid version ranger will have would work too.

2 minutes ago, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

I PRAY that the Primal burst has a hard CC on it.

Finally, the spear burst skill, Harrier’s Toss, allows the warrior to leap up into the air, evading attacks while hurling the spear down with explosive force and dealing more damage the more adrenaline is spent on the burst attack!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/spear-factor-warrior-thief-and-engineer/

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, latlat.4516 said:

well, still no synergy with spellbreaker then

Hard CC is needed for perma Quickness Fury 25Might and Stab on either SpB or Berserker in openworld.

A weapon without a short CD CC is something i have no reason to play in OW.

On the golem, it would need to out dps MH Dagger on SpB or GS/AXe on Zerker.

Edited by DanAlcedo.3281
  • Confused 1