The New Era of PVP 2024: Ranger Invulnerability Build

Just now, rui falo.1097 said:

That's one of the builds current advantages. Most players assume I'm trolling when I tell them my build is invulnerable and cannot be defeated. But their error is in marrying their expectations to this false belief. Its often hard to accept defeat against such a powerful opponent.

am actually curious, and I suspect that at minimum your build is likely better than my current hodgepodge untamed build.

My only interest in your build is to adapt it for PvE. If your build works anywhere close to the level you claim, it would be extremely helpful as I recently had a hand injury. Would be nice to go back to soloing fractals on my ranger, instead of being stuck on mechanist.

Just now, voltaicbore.8012 said:

am actually curious, and I suspect that at minimum your build is likely better than my current hodgepodge untamed build.

My only interest in your build is to adapt it for PvE. If your build works anywhere close to the level you claim, it would be extremely helpful as I recently had a hand injury. Would be nice to go back to soloing fractals on my ranger, instead of being stuck on mechanist.

This build definitely requires high finger dexterity. The information will be revealed with the coming Expansion and new PVP mode. In PvE if the attack can be evaded, then it cannot damage my build. PvE mechanics ignoring iframes will counter a core component of this build's sustain.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I can confirm the OP statement. His build is unkillable....quite obnoxious and cheap but credit is due where is due, a very strong build, faced it in the pits.

Nobody can defeat what is logged off ....the epitome of invulnerability

Edited by Arheundel.6451
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, rui falo.1097 said:

It's come to my attention that most of the community is convinced that Ranger is a brain dead class limited to only two viable builds. Fortunately, I specialize in the creation of fringe strategies and making the uncommon into viable options. To my surprise, my latest creation has exceeded all predictions and become one of most dangerous builds in the entire history of Guild Wars 2 PVP. All combat metrics have significantly outpaced the typical stats of a top tier PVP build. For example, I measured my average CC rate /minute and my overall Hit rate /minute. I compared these values to the rates of my opponents vs me. The results were staggering. This ranger build lands nearly 3x the average CC rate in plat and 7x the average skill hit rate when compared to what it receives. In this current meta, CC has become a critical component of success as well as CC mitigation.

With my new findings close to being complied for public analysis, I am honored to announce that I will officially be releasing my new creation: RANGER INVULNERABILITY. This is not a gimmick name or an exaggeration of performance. The build I have created over the last 4 months literally cannot be damaged when played by an expert. Not only does it mitigate damage to a previously impossible degree, its pressure output is so versatile that it can out-damage practically any build. Tanks are the typical sustain role, but tanks lack damage and make up for that in support. This build is not a tank build, its invulnerable in the right hands and has pressure to out-damage any build role. With an interesting mixture of condition based pressure (that can be deployed in a burst or sustain damage) and crit-burst power based pressure, this build does not seem to have any counter currently. Even the advent of Axe thief is nothing for Invulnerability Ranger. This build has more evades and movement, more condition pressure and less reliance on stealth for damage mitigation. The skill rotations for various scenarios are also well synchronized and modular, allowing the practitioner to transition from high damage output to high sustain at their choosing.

I am interested in exploring what similar creations other Pro tier players have made for their classes. But I truly do not believe that this game has ever experienced a truly Invulnerable Damage build without 3rd party augmentation to game files. There isn't a single role this build can't play. Even if one wanted to support teammates, swapping of an amulet and one or two traits gets you there. This build framework is the future of PVP in my eyes. With the new coming PVP mode arriving, players must adapt their strategies to incorporate game-objectives outside of the typical 3 point capture system. 

I challenge any top 10 ranked player in the world to attempt to stop this creation. Invulnerability Ranger literally can't be damaged nor defeated. What I've created is, in my eyes, utter perfection of PVP mechanics. And I fully believe that my build can dominate anything this game currently has to offer. The release of this build will redefine the entire Ranger kit, and single-handedly shift the entirety of our PVP meta globally. The Ranger kit has now officially been perfected.

TBH the current top to is natural gold at best.

They have some close to 40 year old hang ons who have no skill as their leader.

Oh yeah, except helio, he is only 22 lol

Edited by Last Crab.6054
  • Thanks 1

I (Mahno Mahno in game name) beat you on full zerk ranger almost every time we 1v1. Your build is good in the sense that it is a very forgiving noob stomper but I think it relies on ranger unfamiliarity 

Edited by Ordaine.3149

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

>tfw when you can use your biggest cleanse (troll unguent) altho you have 0 condis on you, THREE TIMES IN A ROW,  and still win the 1v1 against a condibuild....  

I should start playing ranger.

Yeah, TU isn't for condi cleansing really, it's a nice bonus.  Evey survival skill cleanses 😂

• Like 3

Very nice and all, and I don't even care if it is true or not. But, if you truly want to 'show' how good you are, instead of creating OP builds why not win with not OP ones? I am sure that is a better way to 'show off'. And I don't buy the invulnerable thing, even if it is, once everybody starts using it, its going down. So, no big deal.

Posted (edited)

I beat Top 10 players regularly. I even 1v3'd one of the trolls in this thread claiming to be a top ranger. I don't care what little clips you post, I've literally dominated all of you in 1vX fights and you know it. That's actually why you hotkey your clip button because you got DOGGED by my build. You have a REASON to be trying to get screenshots, I'm world famous in PVP. And I have you each recorded dying with 2-3 teammates helping you. Stop capping for clout. I don't even take damage.

I know it's hard to accept, but I am what this PVP scene clearly needs: leadership. And I plan to lead in all PVP regions by exemplifying spectacular technique and perfect mastery of in-game mechanisms. There is a reason my name spread through the PVP scene like wildfire. The future of PVP has arrived. Or shall we say.....I have.

Edited by rui falo.1097
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Ordaine.3149 said:

I (Mahno Mahno in game name) beat you on full zerk ranger almost every time we 1v1. Your build is good in the sense that it is a very forgiving noob stomper but I think it relies on ranger unfamiliarity 

I've literally never even faced a player with that name, I'd have laughed at it already. I know the routine: get jealous because someone's getting attention then make fake counter claims. I prove my skill in the Pits practically everyday. I have vods with every fight, I can literally expose the entire community. Stop capping for clout, just ask for my autograph.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

17 hours ago, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

Yeah, TU isn't for condi cleansing really, it's a nice bonus.  Evey survival skill cleanses 😂

Yeah i know that every survival skill cleanses.  TU even cleanses 4 condis.

But when i play ele.... and i waste cleansing skills while fighting a condibuild, three times in a row... i would melt.

Thats all i am saying.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

7 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Yeah i know that every survival skill cleanses.  TU even cleanses 4 condis.

But when i play ele.... and i waste cleansing skills while fighting a condibuild, three times in a row... i would melt.

Thats all i am saying.

Not sure you are understanding--TU is meant as an offensive heal, not a cleanse.  Sure, it can cleanse up to 4, but Druid has about 15 other cleanses--so it is not needed to save it.  This is why you see it used three times in a row like I did.  

Let's not get it twisted though, between cleanses, offensive condis via attacks and auras, ele is much more of a pain for me to fight in a sidenode situation--which is why I mentioned it in my 'redacted' post.  

Anyway, look at me, trying to bring knowledge to this troll topic--no wonder why they keep it open!

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

I will say. @rui falo.1097 is a good writer. This was entertaining

You know what's more entertaining, is how I found him in the FFA. I stood behind him and hit "record" because I was waiting for him to go into the FFA.

But lo & behold, this kid stood there and spoke in the /s /m chat about how amazing he was for literally over an hour and never dropped down into the FFA.

Then he just logged off.

I got trolled.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 4

Hahaha, I remember this guy from a few months back. I thought he was a bot with how scripted his nonsensical ramblings felt in map chat. Same talk about being the #1 pvper, having the best build, having perfect reactions etc etc. He admitted to using auto-dodge scripts a few times. Still died to everyone who came at him in the pit. Never saw em win a single duel. Then a bunch of folks started trolling him about it, saying the usual nonsense that riles weirdos up like saying he kisses men and has a humiliation kink. He got miffed and started shouting... After an hour I left and came back later to find him still doing the same thing.

Kinda fun to mess with at first, depressing after realizing he's likely got some mental issues.

Edited by RidleyDay.3056
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

1 hour lesson from the master

Yeah he turned around a few times and walked up to me, looked directly at me, and I knew he knew who I was, so I waited. I kept thinking "If I stand still, he'll think I'm AFK and get bored of talking and go into the FFA". I kept thinking "This guy can't have more patience than I do". Over an hour later during my record he's still talking about himself, and it was non scripted actual authentic human rambling. Over an hour into this, patiently waiting with record on, I'm thinking "He has to be getting bored of this" and then at the very moment he walks over to the ledge to looks down, acts like he's going to drop down, he turns his character around and looks at me one last time and then just logs off.

I wasn't sure if it was genuine asswardness, or if he is actually evolved enough to have used a famous musashi tactic on me. It made me wonder. Not gonna lie.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1