eles have 20 weapon skills and 4 f skills on top of the usual

1 hour ago, Skary.8956 said:

Why are all ele mains so delusional and pretend like ele is not of the most broken profession right now 😄?
I logged do my weekly pvp in 6 games I played with and against Dagger Dagger Tempest in every single game.
I did 5 games for weekly on alt and again I played with and against dagger dagger ele quite a bit.
Also I've been watching some OG GW2 players and their games are quite the same.
Just a Single Overload on Earth Attunement kills a light dummy 100-0 and this is AOE. While it gives you stability, protection, cripple and 4 sec imob 😅 on top of Stun Break that is on 17 sec CD WTF

Yeah I remember the time when Engi kits were not taking up utility slots and all of them were available at all times NOT.
The audacity to compare eng tool kits to ele attunements is some next level of delusion.
Outside of Mortar and Granade kit there is nothing to write home about.
With Magnet nerf toolkit is useless

Also on eng we have some classics like Rifle, Mace, Shortbow that is useless after holo nerf, pistol offhand.
Basically all power engis are forced to play hammer.
Other option is to play condition with pistol and shield

with this many reaper around i hardly doubt there're this many ppl playing ele, specially cuz ppl just don't play ele that much even when it's a better state

i got curious now, and i'm going to watch NA and EU last mat, if ele is opressive as you saying i'm prolly seeing at least 1 in every team from quarters finals to finals

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Looks far from broken tbh

this build has been for months on metabattle, it was somewhat strong last season before c-reaper, spb and mace mace untamed got really popular, in fact the only building contesting it was the pre nerf cdruid.

Now the meta doesn't favor you, mostly cuz spb and reaper, and axe thief has the ability to 100-0 you pulling all the axes back when you don't have mag aura. At best a B tier build.

Edited by Pttf.2467

7 hours ago, Skary.8956 said:

Sure mate no one plays this build 

Brooo... the guy himself says that this build isnt competetive viable in the very first sentences....

You are meeting alot of tempest cuz you are silver.

Edited by Sahne.6950

5 hours ago, Shagie.7612 said:

pretty clear by competitive he means tournaments, not ranked tho

Tempest is really struggling to get off a overload in this dmg heavy meta. 

The second peopel realize that all they have to do is focus you when you overload, you are toast. 

I played a shitton of tempest, but i had to shelve it.   Its just not there atm.   

I think even Core is of more value in Conquest rn.

Tempest might be stronk in the FFA, and when you try to go at it 1v1 with little cleanse.  But its still loosing against all meta sidenoders 1v1, and the second more people come into the picture, your effectiveness plummets.

Theres just no space for Dagger Tempest in this meta.  At Best its somewhere in B-Tier.

Edited by Sahne.6950

57 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

This Build aint viable in anything higher then gold.

I'm pretty sure you can play just about anything up into plat. Like, even some of the worst possible builds. It ain't gonna be enjoyable though.
That guy's also a pretty consistent plat level player, as far as I'm aware. So idk, sounds pretty normal as far as ranked vs coordinated play goes.

But anyways you can see he rarely actually overloads and instead uses Tempest more for Feel the Burn, Aftershock and trait choices

Edited by Shagie.7612

1 hour ago, Shagie.7612 said:

But anyways you can see he rarely actually overloads and instead uses Tempest more for Feel the Burn, Aftershock and trait choices

Yup, thats what you kind of have to do rn.

The ""Meta"" Tempest doesnt even take the "auras on overload-trait" anymore. Latent stamina is the way to go, cuz you cant overload anyways.

anyways.... all i wanted to say is, that ele doesnt rly need a nerf rn.   

Ele is playable, no doubt.  But no candidate for a nerf.

Edited by Sahne.6950

3 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Brooo... the guy himself says that this build isnt competetive viable in the very first sentences....

Last week I got to high G2 1 game away from G3. 
Almost all games are on Daredevil S/D Thief.
If I abuse DH and SB I probably can get to plat.

I cannot seem to have a favorable trade against Dagger Dagger Tempest and I need to wait out quite a few things in order to deal any dmg to them unless they just want to leave.
It's interesting that the class has access to 19k heal(when using ice ele) part of the 7k are on low CD 10-15 sec cd.
A lot of cheap condi removal, cheap access to protection 39%, vigor, fury, almost perma regen + quite a bit of stability on top of 25% ms that is always up, quite a few skills that give you flat -10% inc dmg.
Access to blind and I think also weakness
1200 Range Blink, 1200 range gap closer on Air.
There are other things like combo fields, cc, reflect blocks but they are not a problem at all.
Maybe on Gold Ranks people are playing plenty of Tempest and Druid because they are quite present in my lobbies.
It's insane how safe this build is for the amount of AOE dmg you are able to dish out.

Also every time someone brings up Elementalist you get quite a bit defensive why is that?

58 minutes ago, Skary.8956 said:

Also every time someone brings up Elementalist you get quite a bit defensive why is that?

im gonna raise my voice when someone is talking nonsense about my main profession.

Create a thread " Dagger buffs might be too much, D/D Cata will become problematic"  and i will tell you that this is true. The dmg output will be nuts.

Create a thread " ele has 20 weaponskills, thats why its op" and i will tell you that you are dumb.

I am a simple man.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

im gonna raise my voice when someone is talking nonsense about my main profession.

Create a thread " Dagger buffs might be too much, D/D Cata will become problematic"  and i will tell you that this is true. The dmg output will be nuts.

Create a thread " ele has 20 weaponskills, thats why its op" and i will tell you that you are dumb.

I am a simple man.

Sorry for not keeping up with you forum posts and comments I should make that a top priority.
I also think that dagger dagger is the problem Tempest is being played because it is a bit easier than other ele specs

On 6/10/2024 at 7:16 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

more skills means more attacks. 

I'll take 5 skills that actually make a difference from 24 that are middling.

Quality has a quantity all of its own, that being fat damage numbers.

• Like 1

On 6/13/2024 at 11:36 PM, Skary.8956 said:

Why are all ele mains so delusional and pretend like ele is not of the most broken profession right now 😄?
I logged do my weekly pvp in 6 games I played with and against Dagger Dagger Tempest in every single game.
I did 5 games for weekly on alt and again I played with and against dagger dagger ele quite a bit.
Also I've been watching some OG GW2 players and their games are quite the same.
Just a Single Overload on Earth Attunement kills a light dummy 100-0 and this is AOE. While it gives you stability, protection, cripple and 4 sec imob 😅 on top of Stun Break that is on 17 sec CD WTF

Yeah I remember the time when Engi kits were not taking up utility slots and all of them were available at all times NOT.
The audacity to compare eng tool kits to ele attunements is some next level of delusion.
Outside of Mortar and Granade kit there is nothing to write home about.
With Magnet nerf toolkit is useless

Also on eng we have some classics like Rifle, Mace, Shortbow that is useless after holo nerf, pistol offhand.
Basically all power engis are forced to play hammer.
Other option is to play condition with pistol and shield

Right, because people are prone to just standing still right inside Air overload AOE or hugging eles while they cast Earth overload xD

On 6/14/2024 at 6:26 AM, WingSwipe.3084 said:

I'll take 5 skills that actually make a difference from 24 that are middling.

Quality has a quantity all of its own, that being fat damage numbers.

imagine thinking having big damage skills, self support skills, attrition skills, and AOE skills in one kit is middling....ooof..

i don't think you are qualified to play the mozart tier ele lmao

• Confused 2

On 6/14/2024 at 8:08 AM, Sahne.6950 said:

This is probably true, havent seen a Ele player in ranked since high silver.

The biggest things I saw this upcoming patch that might be annoying is all the buffs to Condi Tempest.

From getting free Barrier on Earth Attunement, Earth Overload (cuz of how Overloads work with the 'on attunement' effects).

More Frost Aura from Dagger 3 automatically blasting itself.

Fire 2 and Water 2 both being faster and stronger.

Protection on Overload applying to allies.

Earth 3 being a shorter CD, meaning more evade frames and reliable immobilizing.

I'm sad that Earthen Synergy lost its strike damage and didn't compensate the damage anywhere else in the kit... It wasn't like FA Weaver was a problem, it was still capable of being shut down with Weakness...

Maybe LR Weaver will make a slight comeback with the buffs to Dagger mainhand, but I kinda doubt it being worth taking over Condi Tempest now.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Vinny.7260 said:

The biggest things I saw this upcoming patch that might be annoying is all the buffs to Condi Tempest.

From getting free Barrier on Earth Attunement, Earth Overload (cuz of how Overloads work with the 'on attunement' effects).

More Frost Aura from Dagger 3 automatically blasting itself.

Fire 2 and Water 2 both being faster and stronger.

Protection on Overload applying to allies.

Earth 3 being a shorter CD, meaning more evade frames and reliable immobilizing.

I'm sad that Earthen Synergy lost its strike damage and didn't compensate the damage anywhere else in the kit... It wasn't like FA Weaver was a problem, it was still capable of being shut down with Weakness...

Maybe LR Weaver will make a slight comeback with the buffs to Dagger mainhand, but I kinda doubt it being worth taking over Condi Tempest now.

Conditempest is indeed going to profit from this.

I kind of believe its gonna be overshadowed by Catalys tho.

Convergence being a blastfinisher, and the extra frostfield from Water 3, will bring back staunch aura spam.

LR will never make a return aslong as that trait is nerfed to kitten.  Which is kind of good.  Stunspam is degen.

Edited by Sahne.6950

On 6/10/2024 at 6:16 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

more skills means more attacks. 

what is even a cd for an ele...lol

lots of that is instant

imagine a thief with 60 initiative and the same weapon costs

You're right, that's an awful lot of things for an ele to keep track of and have to press. I think they need to buff them to compensate