When are the mouse buttons, when used to look around going to get fixed?

Its really hard to navigate the world, especially PVP without being able to look around. When I hold my right mouse button, it sometimes doesn't register IN THIS GAME ONLY. The left mouse doesn't seem to be working either half the time. HOWEVER, this isnt persistant, some days its worse than others. I just logged out because the game was literally unplayable in this state.

WHEN is it going to be addressed.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 9

It is possible that you pressed a camera toggle by mistake.  I don't remember which button it is mapped to.  I do remember that I accidentally pressed that button much too often by accident.  I re-mapped that toggle to a button that was out of the way, and forgot about it.  The first two times I toggled the camera accidentally, I remember being quite helpless, I thought it was a bug.

• Like 3

I had similar problem also at one point in the past. My right mouse button just didnt respond consistently. It was not hardware problem.

Googled and looks like its a well known persistent problem.

I think I fixed it by changing from windoved to fullscreen mode.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zebulous.2934 said:

It is possible that you pressed a camera toggle by mistake.  I don't remember which button it is mapped to.  I do remember that I accidentally pressed that button much too often by accident.  I re-mapped that toggle to a button that was out of the way, and forgot about it.  The first two times I toggled the camera accidentally, I remember being quite helpless, I thought it was a bug.

Yes, the action camera toggle does affect the mouse look.  Normally I have it set so I can spin the camera with either mouse button, but often after I've been on my skyscale fireballing I find my left mouse button no longer works for that.  I have to remind myself what my action camera hotkey is and toggle it back and forth to restore mouse function.

• Like 1

I once had a mouse which slowly broke down and for months the only noticable effect was that I couldn't consistently right-click and drag objects in Sims 3, and only in that game. Then the same thing started happening in another game, and eventually it was noticable in a lot of programs, that's when I realised it was the mouse.

I'm not saying it's definitely your mouse which is causing it, but since it doesn't seem to be a common or consistent problem among GW2 players it might be worth trying a different mouse to see if it has any effect.

For what it's worth I haven't noticed any problems with the mouse in GW2, and I play in Windowed mode, which was mentioned as a possible cause earlier in this thread.

If you haven't already (and if swapping mice doesn't help) it would be a good idea to submit a bug report in-game to make Anet aware. If it is a problem with the game it's obviously not universal, so they may not be able to work out what causes it to affect some players and not others without reports from people who are affected.

Edited by Danikat.8537
  • Like 3