Legendary Trinkets - Aurora and Vision Insane grind, should be free

No it shouldn't they already gave a legendary amulet for free which nullifies the need to do sPvP as it is. As the item states it is legendary there should be a grind and something to work toward. Unlike most MMO legendary items in this game are more of a convenience factor however you don't require legendary items to play the game. I gotten all 3 of my legendary accessories in 2 weeks from doing seasons of dragons which is the legendary amulet, there are tons of overlap with the trinkets. This is just an excuse for more free handouts.

Edited by Salt Mode.3780
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 4

3 hours ago, Hirasaki.6208 said:

As the title states, the grind for these 2 legendaries are insane and it should be free after completing the required Achievement Collection quests.

I agree

Now that we are waiting for GW3 , some reduction in various gamemodes/items should be applied , for people to try them .

We then put new items with Exotic/Achanenatage/Legendary statues and different stages of visuals

(Imagine a wolf pup / mature wolf /  Alpha wolf , oaccasioanlly show up and bite the boss , doing 1 damage ,in your schreen . Or wolf +future Bear/ring , unlocked Warewolf ?

Or if you have 5 animals/items , you transform into 1 that has 1 hp and try to do a devastating attack to the boss , and quick switch to another

Edit: Or you become a "weapon-sword" that you hop on between the animals carrying you into their mouths and attack the 4sides of the Boss (like  Fiora from LoL) for some devasting attack , that puts all you weapons skills-halfs random utulities into cd 😛 )

Spoiler

(or this thread , its like  the old threads that if they want faster an item they should go in raids , or there something people make Money like the old Skyscale's treats?)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 19
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, Hirasaki.6208 said:

As the title states, the grind for these 2 legendaries are insane and it should be free after completing the required Achievement Collection quests.

How about a free legy spear with JW as well?

Oh, and Legy Obsidian armor is also too grindy, this one for free too please.

And while we are at it, I still could need a second mace and dagger legy. Can we get them for free as well?

Sorry, that's not how games work.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

While I can agree that full stack of mystic coin is rough, I do not agree with assumption that those legendaries should be free.

Agreed, though if they wanted to hand me Vision, I won't say no (I completed the collection 6 months ago but spent all my mystic coins on clovers for Obsidian armor)

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Arkaiden.9726 said:

Agreed, though if they wanted to hand me Vision, I won't say no (I completed the collection 6 months ago but spent all my mystic coins on clovers for Obsidian armor)

I source my clovers from wvw and WV, and not spend my coins on them. That being said I have set back my aurora number of times by seling my stash of mystic coins for gold to convert to gems to get something from the gem store.....

I can side with your opinion of the excessive price, but not the grind. The concept of aspirational items in GW2 is messy, and everybody agrees - for example, now you can access all the super rare drops from SotO through a portable vendor, a questionable choice? On the one hand, these items were meant to represent your dedication to the game, they do not give any advantage, just QoL and some visuals, a way for you to interact with the game in the long run. You could say they are not accessible for most players: they are costly, grindy, time-gated, etc. But this is intentional; legendary equipment is not necessary, and you would save most of your resources if you used ascended alternatives for all your characters; ascended gear is trivial to get in this game and significantly more accessible than legendary items (e.g., fractals, laurels, map-specific currency, raids, WvW).

That said, I share your opinion on the price of the items, i.e., the materials we need to shink into the Mystic forge. If you complete the achievements, why would you need to spend another 1k gold to finish the item? I suspect there is something to do with the game's economy and giving long(er)-term goals for dedicated players, but I am not an expert. In any way, legendary crafting is a choice that does not weigh how you play the game, the same as that 3k gold title. 

1 hour ago, Dibit.6259 said:

You're free not to do it if you don't like the grind 🙂

Btw this is not true for other things - that is what we call a false perception of freedom. The most absurd example that comes to my mind is the Skyscale, which technically is a choice, but in reality, is mostly a requirement.

• Confused 6

11 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I think you are pretty much alone with that. 😉 

The majority didn't even have a problem with that and offered their idea for what GW3 should release.

While the regulars , where telling others to go in GW3 reddit sub , rather that demand things from a future game that might or not might be an mmo.

That taught that the vocal minority in the forums , at any capacity they DONT represent the majority (like when people demanded more OW HP bosses , hoping casuals  to get bored and use LI builds and step up their raid-game 😛)

Spoiler

(more data for what people hope the other game have ,or migh be implanted in this game + overshadow more instanced content demands :P)

• Haha 1
  • Confused 9

20 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The majority didn't even have a problem with that and offered their idea for what GW3 should release.

"the majority" -> no matter how many unique people posted in that particular thread, since it happened on official forums, the do not constitute majority of game population.

And there were a number of people whom decided that it is not constructive to rain on that threads parade, and some people whom are not exactly waiting for gw3, but had no issue entertaining idea what it could be if it was a thing.

22 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

That taught that the vocal minority in the forums , at any capacity they DONT represent the majority

lesson you seem to have failed to get taught 😛

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

lesson you seem to have failed to get taught 😛

True

That why the company should lower the requirements for the Trinkets or other things , demanding in this thread .

It will be one less thing people will use to blame the company (high grind)

The we do something about fishing , and redign the later half (1-2 ep) of the IBS and reduce the HP or the OW .

But keep the high HP + be antimeele in the instances . Lets people get fixated on two thing , while the casual will comb each other hairs in reddit

Spoiler

Edit: old gg , dont fix Gyalva Delve . When you see many using it in a reddit thread , it wll be orcistrated by me , Dio .

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nebay.3085 said:

Btw this is not true for other things - that is what we call a false perception of freedom. The most absurd example that comes to my mind is the Skyscale, which technically is a choice, but in reality, is mostly a requirement.

Ok but we aren't talking about Skyscale, and Skyscale, from what I've experienced so far, is only a requirement for a very small amount of events in soto (I can only think of the top of my head atm). Everything else in game is 100% doable without skyscale. Is it harder to do without Skyscale? sure, but not impossible.

In this case we are discussing items that has no advantage over others except than being a qol item. Therefore it is a choice to either grind and work towards this qol or make do with the other options presented in game.

Edited by Dibit.6259
Typo
  • Like 4

59 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

1.) "The majority" is a really hot take. How many people were active in that thread? 20? 50? 100?
Let's be generous and say 500. That's a fraction of a single percent of the playerbase.
In other words, your "majority" is nothing.

2.) Having some ideas for a hypothetical GW3 is a whole different topic than waiting for GW3.
Look to that thread and count the people who actually write that they are waiting for GW3. I bet your "majority" is at best one person. -> You are pretty much alone with that. 😉 

While the regulars , where telling others to go in GW3 reddit sub , rather that demand things from a future game that might or not might be an mmo.

The "regulars" -> the vast majority of the playerbase - don't even get in touch with reddit, this forum or anything game related aside from the game itself. Just saying.

That taught that the vocal minority in the forums , at any capacity they DONT represent the majority

Before you tell what anything "taughts" you should learn that even the total number of active people in this forum or reddit represent the majority in any way.
Even if you take all forums about GW2 together and take the total number of users, it will be only about ~20% of the total playerbase. Far from majority. ~80 of the game's population don't get in touch with anyting aside the game itself.

No matter how many threads you argue with, it will never represent the playerbase.

Edited by kiroho.4738
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

That why the company should lower the requirements for the Trinkets or other things , demanding in this thread .

Not really, you can easly get gold and materials by playing the game, even if you'll limit yourself to just wv. So there's no reason to suddenly reduce the costs.

3 hours ago, Nebay.3085 said:

If it's required anywhere, it's in soto. And in soto maps you have it unlocked by default. Anywhere else it's an optional choice, so... wrong.
Legendaries are also not required for anything and their stats are the same as the ascended gear.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Before you tell what anything "taughts" you should learn that even the total number of active people in this forum or reddit represent the majority in any way.

Even if you take all forums about GW2 together and take the total number of users, it will be only about ~20% of the total playerbase. Far from majority. ~80 of the game's population don't get in touch with anyting aside the game itself.

No matter how many threads you argue with, it will never represent the playerbase.

This what i saying too

The company should lower the grind , despite some people say on the forums (and "Liking" each other).

The company will become hero

They will less grind that people blame the company (see OW legendary v1 vs v2 )

Spoiler

(cant afk-block v2 right ? too bad... )

People will flock in other modes

Legendary Runes will be the next thing to replace Legendary sets (hopefully any 7-10% strike damage willl be locked behind PvP . I want to test them .  If) they dont come , there will be less powercreep in the PvE side !

Edit:last thing :

Spoiler

I dont know old gg , but the  Legendary v1 + v2 formula could work again in the 6trh expanion . For the 2months of the expansion you could offer them to go where they dont go (people will afk and try to sell it if its instanced ...but less people will like any instanced in the end) , and in "v2 vesions" they can unlock in February and in March you can offer an alternative to v1 to keep the maps alives till the summer , when the content is sparse.

Edit2: the March update , offer also an extra hideen dye channel , in case people get it in December P

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This what i saying too

The company should lower the grind , despite some people say on the forums (and "Liking" each other).

The company will become hero

They will less grind that people blame the company (see OW legendary v1 vs v2 )

Reveal hidden contents

(cant afk-block v2 right ? too bad... )

Legendary Runes will be the next thing to replace Legendary sets (hopefully any 7-10% strike damage willl be locked behind PvP . I want to test them .  If) they dont come , there will be less powercreep in the PvE side !

Edit:last thing :

Reveal hidden contents

I dont know old gg , but the  Legendary v1 + v2 formula could work again in the 6trh expanion . For the 2months of the expansion you could offer them to go where they dont go (people will afk and try to sell it if its instanced ...but less people will like any instanced in the end) , and in "v2 vesions" they can unlock in February and in March you can offer an alternative to v1 to keep the maps alives till the summer , when the content is sparse.

Edit2: the March update , offer also an extra hideen dye channel , in case people get it in December P

Err not sure how you took what Killthehealersffs Kiroho is actually saying as proof that you are correct and that change should happen. In fact what you are saying is supports the lowering the grin should not happen because you too are considered the minority by posting your opinion on the forums too. Who are you to say what most people want anyway? Have you do intensive research and surveys to support your claims?

Most understand the reality of the cost of legendary items in game and either do the grind because they want the item or leave it because they can't be bothered.

Edit: dumb dyslexia moment of saying Killthehealersffs rather than Kiroho🤦‍♂️

Edited by Dibit.6259
Skill issue
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

And what stops them from "flocking the other modes" now? You're just going all over the place with seemingly random gibberish. You don't need to grind anything.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1