Legendary Trinkets - Aurora and Vision Insane grind, should be free

46 minutes ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Edit: dumb dyslexia moment of saying Killthehealersffs rather than Kiroho🤦‍♂️

now that you mentioned it, I noticed the fellow's name and I can't stop myself from pondering - is that name for sure NOT violating rules for account names?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Most understand the reality of the cost of legendary items in game and either do the grind because they want the item or leave it because they can't be bothered.

The most funny it , when someone proposes to reduce the OW/PvP/WvW grind , we have huge amount of Raiding accounts , that say NO  to any reduced grind , or "they don't need it" , but in the same time people belittle Anet for the grind .

But those raider whined that where forced to regrind the Legendary relic 😛

Wouldn't be best if all modes , could have less grinds ?

Just like this fellow that that tried all this modes , could have completed all sets with less grind :

"Obsidian is the best gift from SOTO, easy to make compared with sPvP (3 seasons), WvW (the hardest and more brain damage) and Raid armor, 2 weeks and i run from 0 to a complete set. " .

In order to populate old maps like S3 or S4 we put new items every 6 months, just like other festivals

For example one festival had a chance to drop the "CM Flower effect" , we could put that in RNG in different S3 events for some limited time (1 month +each day the chance is increased by 0,5% + 0,1% per events done) and the next we could put the Holographix Wings (gemstore item)

Edit: even the 3rd month you have the math  formula and the chance to auto-complete a monthly Vault objective , but that Vault points are offered as "Coins" so you cannot reach the 1300 Cap , but you can trade it for Gold

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 9

7 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The most funny it , when someone proposes to reduce the OW/PvP/WvW grind , we have huge amount of Raiding accounts , that say NO  to any reduced grind , or "they don't need it" , but in the same time people belittle Anet for the grind .

There is a distinct difference between reducing the grind and force to regrind something they already grind for because the devs decided to reduce the value of it to add it to a new item.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Just like this fellow that that tried all this modes , could have completed all sets with less grind :

"Obsidian is the best gift from SOTO, easy to make compared with sPvP (3 seasons), WvW (the hardest and more brain damage) and Raid armor, 2 weeks and i run from 0 to a complete set. " .

In order to populate old maps like S3 or S4 we put new items every 6 months, just like other festivals

For example one festival had a chance to drop the "CM Flower effect" , we could put that in RNG in different S3 events for some limited time (1 month +each day the chance is increased by 0,5% + 0,1% per events done) and the next we could put the Holographix Wings (gemstore item)

Edit: even the 3rd month you have the math  formula and the chance to auto-complete a monthly Vault objective , but that Vault points are offered as "Coins" so you cannot reach the 1300 Cap , but you can trade it for Gold

As Shuzuru said thats a bit different as they spent time and resources making the legendary runes to then have the 6th rune bonus taken away because they changed the system in game. Anet realized this so allowed those who crafted legendary runes to get the legendary relic automatically. They even gave time for others who did not have legendary runes to craft them so they too could benefit from this. Even with the easier to obtain skyscale with SOTO they gave those who already had LWS4 Skyscale bonuses to having both, which can still be obtained now. From this we can determine that if anet make changes to access to Vision and/or Aurora then they will need to make it so people who get them previously get some of bonus or compensation. Other alternatives would be creating a new Legendary trinket obtained via a different method.

Also Soto legendary armour is the grindiest and expensive armour maybe after WvW. Its main benefit and appeal to people is that it can be obtained mostly solo via OW. This is easier for more casuals in the game who have no interest in the other modes or are unable to do them. Legendaries are meant to take time in some way or another because they are meant to be long term goals to keep you engaged in the game. So either achievements take time and/or it takes time to grind the necessary materials/gd. You're meant to enjoy the achievement of getting the legendary because its an accomplishment of your time and efforts., making it easier or less grindy would take away from this. I get its not everyone's idea of fun but a lot of nice and shiny things in life work like that.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

There is a distinct difference between reducing the grind and force to regrind something they already grind for because the devs decided to reduce the value of it to add it to a new item.

Well new and old players would have to grind .  Its a new system

I still find it funny , that the Raiders shouldnt  grind , but the other we have to do it 😛

• Confused 7
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Otherwise , like this thread , you didnt need it . You where perfectly hapipy to play with exotics

The thing is, it's not a new system, they simply splited an existing system in two (for legitimate reason, sure, but still a split).

As a result, the legendary part of this system was removed to those having it before, who simply asked it back.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

I still find it funny , that the Raiders shouldnt  grind , but the other we have to do it 😛

Seriously, which part of having to regrind something they already did the grind for eludes you?

Nobody should have regrind things they already did. Your example of legendary relic would be equivalent not of reducing grind for something everyone has, but if aurora was changed to no longer support all stats, and then new grind was introduced to unlock rest of stats on Aurora. Of course people would be upset for that, even if they find original aurora grind to be in the place it should be.

You are trying to force here a weird split between raiders and non-raiders that simply does not work. And context of the conversation of someone asking to make existing legendary free, makes your attempt even more silly. Every player, raider or not raider, has same grind to go for if they want to get aurora. One could even argue that if someone is into raids primarily, aurora grind will be tougher to him because it involves a certain amount of LWS elements.

Edited by Trejgon.9367
  • Like 3

Less grindy than others - since you actually do (which is fun) the achievements to get a part of it. Other legendaries can cost (the weapons use the expensive gifts/tributes) also a lot and you fully need to gather most/all stuff yourself.

Upside for the trinkets also: You can use them on all chars. They are worth getting. And they can't make everything for free ... for here there are at least super easy alternatives with the ascended trinkets (same stats, free to select 1 - just no swapping) ... The vault offers boxes for armor/weapons. And for Skyscale they have added an easier way to get it. No changes needed.

18 minutes ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

Seriously, which part of having to regrind something they already did the grind for eludes you?

Every player, raider or not raider, has same grind to go for if they want to get aurora

Will the players who crafted the old legendary will be forced to grind ONLY ?

Or even player that dont have it , or they will join in 2 years ?

What you dont understand that its NEW UNIVERSAL SYSTEM ?

18 minutes ago, Trejgon.9367 said:

Every player, raider or not raider, has same grind to go for if they want to get aurora

Well we could make aurora to be collected by doing 10x meta events , just like the Raid trinket or Ring .

Then we implant an extra Raid Trinket/Ring that has the same grind as OW .

So each mode will have a pitiful +high cost grind . And later expansions reduce or improve the visual of each rings /trinket (for people to try other modes)

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

whatever you tried to say here is irrelevant, because I was responding to you critiquing Sobx being "against grind" in terms of legendary relic.

40 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well we could make aurora to be collected by doing 10x meta events , just like the Raid trinket or Ring .

So each mode will have a pitiful +high cost grind . And later expansions reduce or improve the visual of each rings /trinket (for people to try other modes)

I have no idea what is the point you are trying to make here either. sounds like a ramble of bad ideas being tossed out for with no reason at all.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Snip

Well we could make aurora to be collected by doing 10x meta events , just like the Raid trinket.

Snip

Well since there are no raid trinket its hard to do it just like that.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

This what i saying too

Nope. You argued with "the majority of the playerbase" and posted a single thread.

That thread is not the majority of the playerbase.

You do not know what the majority wants.

You are not speaking for the majority of the playerbase.

You only speak for yourself. Stop claiming anything else.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

So you have never checked the prices of the legendary trinkets? Then you would know, that all off them except the free PvE amulet have nearly the same price, so the grind for the raid ring is already the same as for the two accessories. The only difference ist that the collection. The collection for the accessories may have more parts, but in exchange they have a much smaller or no timegate.

But yes we already know you hate raids and blame them for everything you don't like.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

The game taking away what the players already had (which was the case for the relic taking away bonuses from the legendary runes) -which is what you screenshoted and posted here for some weird reason?- and players refusing to play the game for the reward in the first place -which is what this thread is, as well as your constant complaints about "x content"- are two completely different things. You're not making any sense here.

And you still didn't clarify what stops people from "flocking the other modes" (as if moving every reward into one mode would somehow suddenly make them play other modes -once again, what you write here makes no sense). 

@Shuzuru.3651@Dibit.6259@Trejgon.9367 I'm glad people generally recognize the nonsense in his posts, ty.

16 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

In order to populate old maps like S3 or S4(...)

2 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

In your previous post/s you claimed you wanted people to flock to other modes and keep playing s3/s4. Except your "idea" is to move rewards out of that content and give them out for... any shortest/easiest meta event they'll go for. Pure nonsense. At no point anything you write in your posts here was directed at anything other than having easier/faster/cheaper (preferably semi-afk, because what else is tagging a meta event supposed to be?) rewards.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I may have missed this, but something I haven't seen discussed is if these trinkets (specifically Aurora and Vision) are given to players for free, then what about those of us who already went through the collections to get them.  Where is my compensation for the hours upon hours spent at draconis mons every day for weeks on end getting Wayfarer's Henge!

Joking aside, I started really playing a little over a year ago.  I love that, despite not really having played for the first 10 years, I still had a reason to visit old content and get a tangible reward out of it.  Aurora was my first legendary I crafted (LW amulet doesn't really count) around Christmas time and it gave me a great sense of accomplishment.  I don't know that I really want to take that away from other players.  And honestly, as mentioned before, these legendary trinkets are by no means necessary.  I had ascended trinkets way before I crafted Aurora.  I just like that I had a goal to work towards that makes gearing my alts that much easier.

• Like 3

Just now, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Lets try this

We replace the grind of any OW/PvP/WvW item , with the Raid one.

The OW/PvP/WvW will cry tha they dont have anything to do  and they will flock into Raids

As I have already written before, the raid ring is as expensive as the other trinkets and even has a minimum of six week timegate, so the grind won't be reduced at all.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

As I have already written before, the raid ring is as expensive as the other trinkets and even has a minimum of six week timegate, so the grind won't be reduced at all.

It wouldn't hurt to test it

To have Aurora and Vision at low cost , to see if people whine that they dont have anything to do .

People are completion-maniacsthat   even went to the WvW toy skins , which are truly ungly , so surely they will try other grinds

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

It wouldn't hurt to test it

To have Aurora and Vision at low cost , to see if people whine that they dont have anything to do .

People are completion-manicas that   even went to the WvW toy skins , which are truly ungle

You said one of your goals to have a reason to play s3/4 maps. Once again, making rewards from those maps easier/faster to acquire from anywhere else isn't in line with your proclaimed goal. It simply make no sense. At this point you probably understand that which is why you keep ignoring what is being said here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

12 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Lets try this

The OW/PvP/WvW will cry tha they dont have anything to do  and they will flock into Raids

Yes that worked wonders with legendary armor oh wait.

Lets not try that again mkay?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yes that worked wonders with legendary armor oh wait.

Lets not try that again mkay?

Did we hear anyone whine about the version2 ?

Now if the system to "bought out"-skip areas that people intenioally afk , could be enchanced , we will a godsend

For version 1 is was the same people ,in the thread , saying that eveything is fine (sending the wrong message to the devs to not reduce the grind . But in the sme time they blame the devs about the grind to gain the trust of the casuals )

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Did we hear anyone whine about the version2 ?

Now if the system to "bought out"-skip areas that people intenioally afk , could be enchanced , we will a godsend

For version 1 is was the same people ,in the thread , saying that eveything is fine (sending the wrong message to the devs to not reduce the grind . But in the sme time they blame the devs about the grind to gain the trust of the casuals )

Was more how everyone flocked into raids to get raid armors when it was first released.

That would totaly happen right, thats what you said on the last page was it not?

3 hours ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Lets try this

• Like 1