The end of SotO is no ok?

21 hours ago, Poormany.4507 said:

I really hope they give better reasons for not just "sending up a flare and calling in the Pact" than we got in SotO ("Oh noes, the shady secret wizards' club who are doing dangerous live experiments/torture on people for unknown benefits will get revealed! Nope, can't let that happen. Let's just trust this unknown demon lady's voice in my head instead cuz I'm the Wayfinder now 🤪").

I'll be impressed if they somehow find a WORSE reason.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

:classic_huh: I guess you are rather new to GW2 and have not fought any other story bosses yet?

The Eparch story fight was lame; way too easy, simple mechanics. It does not hold a candle to, let's say, the final Balthazar story fight in PoF, which had much cooler mechanics.

When it's too challenging the fun factor disappears, referring to the Balthazar fight. Not everybody is a skilled gamer.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Axelteas.7192 said:

When it's too challenging the fun factor disappears, referring to the Balthazar fight. Not everybody is a skilled gamer.

It wasn't too difficult, you just had to grasp the mechanics. I, for one, considered this challenge fun and wish all story boss fight were on that same level. 🙂 

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

On 6/21/2024 at 9:54 AM, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

And I just want to know if anyone else thinks like me?

Most people and Anet do. That the pacing and content were bad and that was something that ANet stressed they had learned from their failures in SotO and will do better on by reducing the scope.

Edited by Malus.2184
  • Like 2

On 6/24/2024 at 9:36 PM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It's kinda difficult to make threatening villains now. 

The kryptis and Eparch were such a none threat in the end, paitha bringing (just) the commander to nayos is like bringing a Maschine gun to a knife fight. 

The best way someone described the current situation is like Buu Saga Goku having to fight a villain that would have been a threat in the Frieza Saga. 

It's extremely difficult to make a threatening villain after all we have been trough. Without some BS like Eparch making the commander feel fear. 

Bruh. The Commander looked an elder dragon directly in the eye and stood their ground. As if mister pointy legs could make the commander feel fear. 

And yes, the tyrian forces are still armed to the teeth from fighting elder dragons. 

And even more yes, they would all move if the commander says Go! The Commander is the literal savior of all of creation on planet tyria after all. Which is known to basically everyone. 

He also is the champion of THE elder dragon. Building an army of followers under Caithes command. Who all would move the moment the commander calls. 

The sheer political power the commander holds is insane. 

Ontop of the commander being one of the strongest mortal beings on planet tyria. 

Good luck with that Anet I guess. 

I don't think this is true. I think Anet was onto something with LWS5 - a political situation that couldn't be solved via a boss fight, the pact or an elder dragon. Until Bangar respecc'ed and lost all of his charisma and leadership skill, because all the resources were funneled into EoD *shrugs*

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I don't think this is true. I think Anet was onto something with LWS5 - a political situation that couldn't be solved via a boss fight, the pact or an elder dragon. Until Bangar respecc'ed and lost all of his charisma and leadership skill, because all the resources were funneled into EoD *shrugs*

Poor Bangar. Got nerfed to a warrior..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/21/2024 at 5:54 PM, FiveBunnies.5730 said:

I liked the beginning of SotO: the return of Zojja, the new place in the world for commander after defeating the dragons, the sadness after parting ways with Aurene, the new locations.  I was so inspired about it.

But the end of SotO upset me in so many ways!

1. The story is very easy. We're just fighting. We're just winning. So ingenuous. A lot of interesting characters I wanted to know more about were never revealed. 

2. The last part of the story "The Eleventh Hour" had a bug that made it impossible to play with two people. I went through the WHOLE story of all adding with my friend, but the final boss SotO we had separately.

3. Zojja just says goodbye to us in the finale with a short dialog to leave again.

4. The last piece of the map, which I really wanted to explore, only available by event. 

5. And I didn't even get a reward for closing the map!

6. The new fractal is hectic, not interesting.

And I just want to know if anyone else thinks like me?

To me, GW2's story ended at the end of living world 4. That was the perfect place to end the story. Tied up all loose ends in an epic way, an extremely epic way that even created an entire island as the final area. Where the pact is fighting above ground WHILE you go inside. It was just epic. Perfect conclusion. Then everything after is fan fic level quality. 

Dragons are amazing to look at and big and menacing bringing the entire world together to beat and having to rely on corruption to control other beings to being on their side. "moving on" from dragons is not something possible. IBS could have been good if it wasn't cut in half and rushed out the door to get finished. We didn't really get anything story wise on an entire dragons side of the story that people had been hoping for since GW1. And then that was followed by another rushed EOD expansion that again retconned a bunch of stuff already setup as if to pretend GW1 never happened. Not entirely sure why they thought their bad writing was because of the dragons when lw4 and Path of Fire are written so well with dragons in mind. 

So it makes sense, following the fanfics that are IBS and EOD, that all story elements afterwards would pale in comparison to what has come before. The best Dragon fight to me will always be lw4. The games true ending. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 6/24/2024 at 11:36 AM, DanAlcedo.3281 said:

It's kinda difficult to make threatening villains now. 

The kryptis and Eparch were such a none threat in the end, paitha bringing (just) the commander to nayos is like bringing a Maschine gun to a knife fight. 

The best way someone described the current situation is like Buu Saga Goku having to fight a villain that would have been a threat in the Frieza Saga. 

It's extremely difficult to make a threatening villain after all we have been trough. Without some BS like Eparch making the commander feel fear. 

Bruh. The Commander looked an elder dragon directly in the eye and stood their ground. As if mister pointy legs could make the commander feel fear. 

And yes, the tyrian forces are still armed to the teeth from fighting elder dragons. 

And even more yes, they would all move if the commander says Go! The Commander is the literal savior of all of creation on planet tyria after all. Which is known to basically everyone. 

He also is the champion of THE elder dragon. Building an army of followers under Caithes command. Who all would move the moment the commander calls. 

The sheer political power the commander holds is insane. 

Ontop of the commander being one of the strongest mortal beings on planet tyria. 

Good luck with that Anet I guess. 

And if rumors are true Isgarren is about to form a formal alliance between the 5 races, a stronger Pact if you will.

Good luck telling smallscale stories when we'll be leading Tyrian NATO backed by wizards.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Morvran.8265 said:

And if rumors are true Isgarren is about to form a formal alliance between the 5 races, a stronger Pact if you will.

Good luck telling smallscale stories when we'll be leading Tyrian NATO backed by wizards.

EXACTLY! 

Whatever happens. The have a world army on speed dial. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1