Account-Wide Swim Boost Tooltip needs update

Makes sense. Maybe all they need to do it is put a new symbol where the boost symbols are above the 5x skills. [+20 Swim Speed] like they do with Celebration Bonus, Reinforced Armor or Guild Reward Track, etc.....

• Like 2

Maybe they don't actually have stuff in the code that easily allows them to change the text depending on the unlock level. (Though for other stuff there is text that changes. The "unlocked" vor the skins.)

Easy workaround could be to apply a (yet another) boon when you go into the water. Showing the info there on the tooltip. 😄

• Like 1

If you ask me. This is one of the worst flops I have seen Anet do. It's as if Anet is just saying look guys you can have account bound swim speed, but we aren't going to show you that it applied, and it will cost you a ton of gold and time and you'll still question if it is even working and if it does work it will leave you wondering how it even works. Am I getting an upgrade from a 15-swim speed to a 20-swim speed or am I getting a 15+20=35 swim speed. 

Edited by Lionwait.4815
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Firebird Gomer.9563 said:

Any word on this issue?

I suspect it's working as intended, so they are in no hurry to update the tooltop functionality to correctly reflect the infusion's actual swim speed. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)

Hello guys.
After reading this topic, I did some testing. The results might be of interest to you all. @Rubi Bayer.8493
I measured the time it took with swimming a straight line between two predetermined points somewhere in the open waters.
Then I swam that line three times, once without any kind of Swim-Speed infusions, once with an original +15 infusion, and once with the new Account Swim-Speed infusion, which has the account wide upgrade for +20

- without any infusion I swam that distance within 1:23
- with the original +15 infusion I swam that distance within 1:12
- with the Account Swim-Speed +20 upgrade I swam that distance in 1:09

So far it makes me faster. But does it make me as fast as it's supposed to do?
- If I take the time of the first round and calculate for the +15, then 83*100/115 equals 72, which is exactly the time I had swum.
- If I take the time of the first round and calculate for the +20 Account infusion, then 83*100/120 equals 69, which is also exactly the time I had swum.

Conclusion: The Account Swim-Speed infusion works exactly the way I expected it to work. It's just not reflected in the tooltip in anyway, which might be a bit misleading. But it's working as intended.
Disclaimer: If you intend to repeat this kind of test, then be aware that swim speed stacks additive with any other kind of movement speed increase. Futhermore, it's affected by the movement speed cap.

Cheers

Edited by Bizgurk.5639
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 10

8 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Conclusion: The Account Swim-Speed infusion works exactly the way I expected it to work. It's just not reflected in the tooltip in anyway, which might be a bit misleading.

Thank you very much for taking the time to accurately test this! 🙂

8 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

But it's working as intended.

I suppose this is why ANet is in no hurry to rework the tooltip.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

- If I take the time of the first round and calculate for the +15, then 83*100/115 equals 72, which is exactly the time I had swum.
- If I take the time of the first round and calculate for the +20 Account infusion, then 83*100/120 equals 69, which is also exactly the time I had swum.

Your values, just calculated differently to make the speed increase clearer:

+15:  (1:23-1:12)/1:23 = (83-72)/83 = 0,13 = 13%
+20:  (1:12-1:09)/1:12 = (72-69)/72 = 0,041 = 4%
+20:  (1:23-1:09)/1:23) = (83-69)/83 = 0,168 = 17%

With the +15 you were 13% faster compared to no speed boost.
With the +20 you were 4% faster compared to the +15
With the +20 you were 17% faster compared to no speed boost.

Assuming that the deviations (13% instead of 15%, 4% instead of 5%, 17% instead of 20%) are just measurement inaccuracies, the infusions seem to work exactly as their values suggest: The "+20 Account Swim Speed Upgrade" is not additive with the +15, but sets the actual speed increase and causes the same speed increase as the (old) "Swim Speed Infusion +20".

Edited by Zok.4956
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yeah I'm really confused on the new "Account" swim speed upgrade and it's so not clear in game. The infusion makes it seem like the base acct swim boost is 15%, and then you add the 20% bonus to that based on the wording of the tool tip.

The infusion tool tip says ". Increases swim speed by 15%, plus account bonus. +5 Agony Resistance "

IF it's additive then Plus account bonus tracks.

If it's not then it should be worded ". Increases swim speed by 15%, or unlocked account bonus. +5 Agony Resistance"

Also, why only +5 AR when normal stat/AR infusions come with +9??

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Suspicious Khani.9275 said:

Yeah I'm really confused on the new "Account" swim speed upgrade and it's so not clear in game. The infusion makes it seem like the base acct swim boost is 15%, and then you add the 20% bonus to that based on the wording of the tool tip.

The infusion tool tip says ". Increases swim speed by 15%, plus account bonus. +5 Agony Resistance "

IF it's additive then Plus account bonus tracks.

If it's not then it should be worded ". Increases swim speed by 15%, or unlocked account bonus. +5 Agony Resistance"

Also, why only +5 AR when normal stat/AR infusions come with +9??

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, Bizgurk.5639 said:

Hello guys.
After reading this topic, I did some testing. The results might be of interest to you all. @Rubi Bayer.8493
I measured the time it took with swimming a straight line between two predetermined points somewhere in the open waters.
Then I swam that line three times, once without any kind of Swim-Speed infusions, once with an original +15 infusion, and once with the new Account Swim-Speed infusion, which has the account wide upgrade for +20

Conclusion: The Account Swim-Speed infusion works exactly the way I expected it to work. It's just not reflected in the tool-tip in anyway, which might be a bit misleading. But it's working as intended.
Disclaimer: If you intend to repeat this kind of test, then be aware that swim speed stacks additive with any other kind of movement speed increase. Furthermore, it's affected by the movement speed cap.

Cheers

This also reflects my experience as well, after buying +15's and the account upgrade +20. However, I believe that it could be further remedied if Anet did two things:

1. They clarify in the tool-tip that the account swim speed upgrade is not additive with the account +15 infusions.
  2. They add some form of indicator as to the fact that you have indeed bought the +20 account upgrade.

As of right now, I believe a lot of the confusion stems from both the tool-tip not being clear (it says plus), and people not realizing that they actually got the account upgrade, despite paying for it. Just go into Lions Arch map chat for example and wait 5 minutes and I can guarantee someone will ask about it in map chat, since that's been my experience every time I go to LA.

Edited by Matt.7890
  • Like 2

had this happen to me,  was able to buy the account wide infusion,  my +20 swim infusion and the 30 ecto disappeared.  Not seeing a new infusion or when in water I don't see a buff showing swim speed or a buff icon like we got from buying the karma buffs in LW maps.  Does anyone know if this is how it's suppose to work?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

An account wide-swim speed bonus would be nice, so I really hope all this is just some kind of bug.  It would be really helpful to hear something from the devs - ANet has been trying to be more transparent recently and they need to post something about this, or at least say that they're aware something is wrong.   

Edited by DoctorOverlord.8620
  • Like 1