why did the only good pvp end?

45 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I dont see why they don't just do the same thing that WoW does and let you que for everything at the same time...and whatever comes up first you get to play in that. 

that would be better than what we have now atleast

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I dont see why they don't just do the same thing that WoW does and let you que for everything at the same time...and whatever comes up first you get to play in that. 

I could be wrong, but making it a perma mode would make ppl ask for some balance for that specific game mode

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KurtLittleJesus.8139 said:

I could be wrong, but making it a perma mode would make ppl ask for some balance for that specific game mode

its just combat, its the only thing pvp SHOULD be balanced around

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I gotta imagine they'll come up with something different now that there's a new mode coming in JW, but WoW still does split queues into BGs, epic BGs, arenas, and the weekly mode, and then rated/unrated on top of that.

I'm torn on this. 2v2 and 3v3 are godawful, the balance in them is horrendous, but people being able to play what they like is also important.
Stronghold's dead too, and the only people who play it are inexperienced or that one guild that exists solely to thrash said inexperienced players.

I think Anet's afraid of splitting players up though, because not getting matches at all is the true death.

Maybe the solution going forward is to have Conquest, Stronghold, the JW mode, 2v2, and 3v3 as selectable options, and you're forced to pick three of them to queue (unranked, because I assume ranked will only be Conquest forever).
They could even make the matchmaker add the extra modes if queues go too long and the expanded rating ranges aren't enough.

• Like 1

i prefer 2 vs 2, there are less players, so it means more stable performance in my opinion, if it was not for having to face duos, that absolutely sucks, i prefer to play 2 vs 2 rather than 3 vs 3. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

3v3 is the only fun pvp, why is it not going on forever? nobody likes conquest. its slow and boring and poorly balanced

I totally think the opposite. With some luck if they give more love to the mode and more population comes, they can afford to have different modes available to choose at the same time.

• Like 1

Teeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell me about it.

It is BLOWING MY MIND why there is no duels/2v2 permanent format in this game. I can write a book here how many issues come from this. You get a bad team in 5v5, IT IS OVER. LITERALLY NOTHING you do matters, you will lose 100% of the time. So it is basically gambling will I get the bad team this time or will I get the good one. You can play like a total noob, if you get the better team you will still win. And vice versa. So again, LITERALLY NOTHING YOU DO MATTERS in 5v5 format.

Pvp is the preferred endgame for me in every MMO I have played so far. But here I can`t. I just can`t, because this is not PvP, this is a roulette. For the love of God, please put a 1v1 or 2v2 format in this game, I will play it 24/7. Make an arena for 1v1 in WVW, I will literally live there. PLEASE, I do not want large scale PvP, I want a competitive format where my actions ACTUALLY MATTER.

Thank you.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Duke Nukem.6783 said:

3v3 is the only fun pvp, why is it not going on forever? nobody likes conquest. its slow and boring and poorly balanced

Disagree, I prefer 5v5 conquest. More role diversity and mind rotation. And I'm a solo player.

2v2 and 3v3 is just play the current patch cheese build and rollface. Which is present but more smoothed in 5v5.

And as @KurtLittleJesus.8139 wrote, it will be balance whine *100. Just look at this forum when 2v2 or 3v3 season start.

Edited by viquing.8254
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

At this point, 2v2 and 3v3 is better than 5v5 conquest.

Too much throwing in duo queue only 5v5. It's actually straight up unplayable at this point.

This is a NA problem, throwing duoq on EU is non existend

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

4 hours ago, sacrifyx.3470 said:

LITERALLY NOTHING YOU DO MATTERS in 5v5 format.
For the love of God, please put a 1v1

Literally ALL YOU DO matters. After 10, 50 or 100 games, the ONLY common factor between all those games, is YOU. So YOU decide if you get high or not. Any kitten team is by stadistic compensated with a kitten rival team. So it's all your responsability.

In 3vs3 you matter a lot more, of course. But not that different.

I would also love 1vs1. I literally play 5vs5 because I can be a roamer, to cap close and far nodes, and have 1vs1 duels XD

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, KurtLittleJesus.8139 said:

i guess most ppl feel the same about deathmatch, but they could perma implement it anyways

We had a Team Deathmatch 5v5 but it was short lived. It was always 1-sided and no options to improve the team you end up queueing with. The first wipe basically governed how the rest of the match would go.

I wish Anet coordinated TDM into AT And/Or make it a 15vs15 gamemode that incentivizes guild vs guild, with their own Guild Specific leaderboards. Would be eons better than just a random queue of 5v5 that we had.

2 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

We had a Team Deathmatch 5v5 but it was short lived. It was always 1-sided and no options to improve the team you end up queueing with. The first wipe basically governed how the rest of the match would go.

I wish Anet coordinated TDM into AT And/Or make it a 15vs15 gamemode that incentivizes guild vs guild, with their own Guild Specific leaderboards. Would be eons better than just a random queue of 5v5 that we had.

big chances new game mode is gvg, they have announced it before, they'll just released it along with expansion cuz it was already a work in progress

4 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I wish for this so bad. But not everyone has a guild that could sustain this. I imagine very few these days do. I have had the same guild since almost launch with SIN and its full of pvp and wvw heads and I have a great guild leader almost every1 loves. So this would be a dream come true - but how many people can field 15 people these days? The 2v2/3v3 is nice because you can just grab you usual homies you Que with and you have your team. It should be available year-round and worked into AT I agree fully. Or the AT should be 5v5 and then EITHER 3v3 or 2v2 for that month so theres a TDM alongside the monthly Conquest and its all part of the same event so we have essentially two main events to watch. Anet doesnt like to do cool stuff though lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

At this point, 2v2 and 3v3 is better than 5v5 conquest.

Too much throwing in duo queue only 5v5. It's actually straight up unplayable at this point.

why are people confused reacting to you saying people throw matches in 5v5. Bro the confused reacts you accumulate is wild - its worse than my posts. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1