Ten silver is a bit of a disappointment for guaranteed bl chest item . . .

I meant to mention this when the chest changed over, but leaving the bl mastery coffer as the guaranteed item in the bl chest for this rotation after the gold value has been nerfed to ten silvers is a bit of an eh. And yes I know, who cares really the guaranteed item is often a nothing item but this is *really* a nothing item ; p May as well not even be there really . . .

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Yehhh I don't really like the reduction in vendor value.   I just used them for spirit shards.  While it may be a who cares topic, it was such a significant drop, it's disappointing regardless.  They were kind of nice little bit of gold or mastery, depending on what you wanted.  Not quite down to repair canister level of dislike, but close enough.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Gop.8713 said:

I meant to mention this when the chest changed over, but leaving the bl mastery coffer as the guaranteed item in the bl chest for this rotation after the gold value has been nerfed to ten silvers is a bit of an eh.

The main point of that item is the mastery exp, not the vendor value anyways.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Yeah, which makes it rather worthless when you've got all masteries maxed out and a couple of thousand spirit shards gathering dust in your wallet, not to mention two stacks of Tomes of Knowledge in case you ever need more spirit shards... 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Absolutely, but it went from one gold down to 10 silver in vendor value, so it's kind of disappointing for anyone who already has all the masteries and doesn't need xp.  

Spirit shards are nice but it was a good option to be able to sell it for a full gold.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

I wonder how many more years until a bonus statuette rotation appears?

Yeah, true enough. It's mostly one of the things I remember the guaranteed item being, other than the minis and the seasonal bags. But I bothered to look up the historical guaranteed items, and pretty much every thing is better than the mastery coffer. I'd personally like the green dye canisters to return, but material bags, BL claim ticket scraps and minis are all good too. I'll just have to sit through the festival bags - don't really care for those either.

• Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Play stupid game win stupid prizes. If people stop playing the gotcha chest, anet would move to less preditory monetization.

Very true, however they changed with the addition of them to the WV.  

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Play stupid game win stupid prizes. If people stop playing the gotcha chest, anet would move to less preditory monetization.

Some of us enjoy this content 🤷‍♂️ Because this game has no subscription, I do these for fun periodically and it supports the game. Doesn't feel like a "gotcha" to me.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

Some of us don't buy keys but just keyfarm 🙂 Or are lucky with map completion. I spend gems on account upgrades.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Super Hayes.6890 said:

Some of us enjoy this content 🤷‍♂️ Because this game has no subscription, I do these for fun periodically and it supports the game. Doesn't feel like a "gotcha" to me.

So does putting bikinis and Speedos on the gem store 👙

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Just because you don't want them doesn't mean nobody does, not everyone is already done with their masteries - just bank your keys until the next round, you don't have to use them as soon as you get them. /shrug

• Confused 1

I suspect this is really a side effect of them devaluing the item for the wizards vault (since it was a much better deal with 1 gold for 15 AA vs 1 gold for 30 AA before the last changes), and Anet not looking where else that item is used and the effect of value it has there. 

• Like 6

On 7/9/2024 at 9:36 PM, Obnoxa.6702 said:

Just because you don't want them doesn't mean nobody does, not everyone is already done with their masteries - just bank your keys until the next round, you don't have to use them as soon as you get them. /shrug

Any idea when the "next round" will be? I didn't catch when the mastery coffers were implemented because I was taking a break so curious when I can start opening chests again.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Twinklin.5724 said:

Any idea when the "next round" will be? I didn't catch when the mastery coffers were implemented because I was taking a break so curious when I can start opening chests again.

Could be tomorrow, could be August 20th, could be any time(Release) in-between. 🤷‍♀️

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Twinklin.5724 said:

Not sure when a set date is (anyone who knows feel free to offer it up) but I know blc's typically swap rewards with each festival (Four Winds should be just around the corner, August usually) plus a couple of times randomly so if I had to settle on a number I'd say 6 times a year or every 8 weeks would be a good estimate 🙂

Edited by Obnoxa.6702
The coffee is still brewing...
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/16/2024 at 8:02 AM, Twinklin.5724 said:

Any idea when the "next round" will be?

Probably in 2 weeks.

Apparently they rushed out festival chest 2 weeks early. 🤷‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Looks like it was today, it's showing a Zephyrite supply box instead of the mastery coffer as of logging in this morning. Gave me a quartz crystal and a grey item worth 1g50s which is better than the 10s mastery pots. Thanks all. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1