So there is no crafting grind to progress Homesteading? Only masteries?

You'll craft Homestead decorations not through the guild hall's scribing, but through a new crafting profession that's unlocked and upgraded through Janthir Wilds' masteries.

I would like some clarification on this point, which was further referenced in the buffed.de interview:

Andrew Gray, Janthir Wilds Lead: Homestead decorations are a totally new thing based on Mastery rather than tied to a traditional crafting skill.

From what we know of masteries, this implies there will be about a mastery line (or perhaps several) consisting of about a half-dozen tiers, but all of which will be unlocked through the obtainment of mastery xp and mastery points. These statements imply that the crafting ability for homesteads will not be a system of crafting unwanted things to level up to new tiers, but rather one of actively playing the JW content and obtaining specific achievements for mastery points to expand the recipe list?

I would love to see a more in-depth explanation of how this works.

• Like 1

These are some points that were stated within the PC Gamer interview.

• Like 2

I think in practical terms it means you won't have to craft a bunch of stuff you don't want just to level up crafting, you'll be able to level it up like any other mastery - by playing in JW maps to get XP and mastery points. You'll still need to get the materials and unlock or discover recipes and I assume at least some furniture will require multiple steps like crafting equipment does, so no one is going to be able to make everything on day 1, or even as soon as they've got the masteries unlocked, but we won't see the TP flooded with thousands of basic chairs and tables because they're quick and cheap to mass-produce for XP.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

It sounds like it will work similar to the EoD fishing mastery; where in addition to other mastery features, you'll gain a +n to your base crafting level

Yeah! It's nifty to have things work this way, because it means that we won't need to train every characters' homestead crafting. Mastery points make the crafting levels available across the entire account. If they force us to utilize a crafting slot to use homestead crafting stations, we just need to jump on an alt. There's a good chance that they won't do that though, as it would make just as much sense to let any of our characters craft from a mastery point crafting system.

• Like 4

On 7/14/2024 at 9:07 AM, Quench.7091 said:

The gem store bit implies that we are able to learn recipes separately from the mastery system. That is why I think it is important to mention it.

IIrc it was stated for the table you get from the deluxe version, that you don't only get the table, but also unlock a recipe to craft additional ones.

So at least learning a recipe by gaining a decoration is a thing.

Edited by kiroho.4738
spelling
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2024 at 9:46 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I think in practical terms it means you won't have to craft a bunch of stuff you don't want just to level up crafting, you'll be able to level it up like any other mastery - by playing in JW maps to get XP and mastery points. 

This is great news! I'm glad I won't have to craft 50 green wood chairs before making 50 soft wood chairs before making... you get the idea.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/14/2024 at 3:07 AM, Quench.7091 said:

These are some points that were stated within the PC Gamer interview.

"We don't know if they'll sell us recipes through holiday vendors or just by handling things the way that guild halls do." dont give them ideas heh

"The gem store bit implies that we are able to learn recipes separately from the mastery system. That is why I think it is important to mention it." I woulda hoped we'd be able to collect recipes too, so we could sell them if we dont want them or if they are rare drops and you can acquire them again.

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 7/14/2024 at 4:46 AM, Danikat.8537 said:

I think in practical terms it means you won't have to craft a bunch of stuff you don't want just to level up crafting, you'll be able to level it up like any other mastery - by playing in JW maps to get XP and mastery points. >>> You'll still need to get the materials and unlock or discover recipes

ahhhh i missed this earlier, i bet that's true. that makes sense, unlocking crafting is one thing but we still have to acquire recipes or at least recipes other then basic ones. that's a good idea, i hope its true.

Well i hope the recipes we find in the world then aren't account bound and tradable so if there rare drops on release you can sell them , then later grind to acquire them again(if thats possible)

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 7/15/2024 at 12:02 PM, Omega.6801 said:

Now let's see how the market explodes on the materials needed, making a simple chair cost 50g anyway.

look at what they showed in the video. some things are hidden and i sure they didnt share anything big but also based on what scribes already use to craft stuff, one would think similar things would be needed. i don't they'd erase everything and start new. They might remove some tabs of course to simplify.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

If Homestead crafting is based on your Mastery level, that would be crazy. However, if  what you can craft is based on where you got your Mastery levels, that would be a level of foresight I didn't think Arenanet was capable of.

I'm pretty sure it will work like all the other masteries - there will be a dedicated Homestead mastery track and what you're able to craft will be based on which of those masteries you've trained and spent JW mastery points to unlock.

If they were inventing some new mechanic or re-interpretation of the mastery system that's been used before they would have explained that in one of the articles about Homesteads.

• Like 3