Old Legendary a bit too expensive?

Hello there,

is it me, or r the Maguuma-Legys a bit too expensive? I love the stile of them but ... I mean 2x Gift of Condensed Magic/2x Gift of Condensed Might + 250 Mystic Coins aaaand all that runestones and so on? Aurene Legys just need 1 Gift each?

• Like 1
  • Confused 9

39 minutes ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

I may remeber it wrong, but wasn't gen 3 designed to be cheaper because they aren't unique like gen 2 but designed as a set and also because of the additional costs for the skins?

Yeah, basically that, for a lot of people Gen 3 weapons look more like "glorified black lion skins" than proper legendaries, bad for people that like fashion, but it's amazing for those that only want legendaries for the quality of life.

Edited by Brandon Uzumaki.1524
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

Sure, if you ignore part of the part of the price (like antique summoning stone, ambergris, jade runestone, amalgamated lodestone, etc...) it's cheaper, but in reality, it's not really cheaper, the cost is simply on other material.

• Confused 2

10 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

Sure, if you ignore part of the part of the price (like antique summoning stone, ambergris, jade runestone, amalgamated lodestone, etc...) it's cheaper, but in reality, it's not really cheaper, the cost is simply on other material.

If you look at the crafting prices on gw2efficiency, the difference between gen 2 and gen 3 is really rather huge - gen 3 about 1,3k (including everything you listed except research notes I think) / gen 1 about 1,4-1,7k (excluding eternity) / gen 2 about 2,3-2,5k

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 2

The current price for Gen2 legendaries is not even at the historic peak which they were at during HoT and PoF days. Now add in the fact that it has been made significantly easier to farm gold and materials, thus making this already lower price in reality even cheaper, the answer is: no.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

Yeah, basically that, for a lot of people Gen 3 weapons look more like "glorified black lion skins" than proper legendaries, bad for people that like fashion, but it's amazing for those that only want legendaries for the quality of life.

Gen3s are the best looking legendaries..

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

On 7/23/2024 at 11:07 PM, Brandon Uzumaki.1524 said:

I wouldn't even say it's bad for people who like fashion, having matching legendary skins you can focus the rest of the look around is also great. Good there are options for both unique skins in gens1-2 and set skins for gen 3.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/24/2024 at 4:47 PM, Kozumi.5816 said:

Gen3s are the best looking legendaries..

Arguable - Gen 2 certainly has it's missteps, and Gen 3 is great for themes (Yes please to Jormag skins for all my Norns) but The Binding of Ipos and Verderach are stunning and both Gen1 & 3 foci and horns can't hold a candle to them. Nevermore is pretty great for Necros as opposed to the rainbow-ish effects of both Bifrost and Aurene's staff if that's your jam and Frostfang and Juggernaut can certainly hold there own against any of the Gen3 Axe/Hammer Skins. At least, that's my meaningless opinion 😋

On Topic: Yep, the Gen2 are pricey, but they are part of a very different system that was tied heavily into the story/world at the time of their release, which was (and I'll likely catch some flack here) a harder game overall and that was the direction at the time.  Like others have said, Gen3 were made to be a little more viable and they are practically handing out Gen1's in the vault now, so if it's the convenience of unlocking the weapon in the armory, just aim for a different generation and transmute it to whatever you want it to look like; if it's for the skin itself, welcome to the club of those of us who continue to take the long way to a legendary to up our Fashion Wars game!

Gen 2s are definitely expensive AND the first four are more time consuming in terms of the collections you need to do.

But I'm slowly working towards all four of those more time consuming Gen 2 legendaries (almost finished Astralaria as the first) because I like the collections and stories behind them.

If you want the cheapest/fastest legendaries then Gen 1 and Gen 3 are easier and there's nothing wrong with that either.