Axe theif needs to be fixed

Being hit from stealth for ridiculous amounts of Condie/power damage is giga kitten for the game. Ask any high level player if this is healthy for the pvp scene and they will say it is not, unless they play it

• Like 17
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, renwewed.7268 said:

Being hit from stealth for ridiculous amounts of Condie/power damage is giga kitten for the game. Ask any high level player if this is healthy for the pvp scene and they will say it is not, unless they play it

im certain they are "high", and that the matter in their cranium is "level"

• Confused 2

I don't play it but found when fighting them it's if you get hit by the axes, going to need to cleanse quickly and kite.  If you can avoid the axes / predict the stealth attack, they are pretty open for counterattack--that is, if on node, they will have to leave the node and kite themselves.  

For thief in general, the goal really isn't to kill them, it's to make them waste time by kiting off point and not being elsewhere decapping or +1'ing.  Lot of people waste time chasing and trying to get the kill only to get kited and countered, not only losing the +5 points but being in the middle of nowhere when the thief strikes.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

Thief has at most a 10s window to pull the spinning axes, and the axes are susceptible to projectile denial. Keep that in mind and you can cancel/avoid the burst in most cases as long as you build for it. 

That said, just because counterplay is possible that doesn't mean it couldn't be toned down just a notch while still remaining fun/competitive. Right now the burst is far too rewarding while still leaving too many options to fall back if the thief so needs. This forces players into keeping the thief at bay by pressuring them without committing just so they will kite away and give room to kill other enemies. If the burst is going to be so large for axe 3 it would need more of a tradeoff instead of being a free attempt until the adversary runs out of projectile denial or makes a mistake.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

boy whiffing your stealth burst and thus not being revealed because of it sure sounds like a great idea

if i die because i screw up and miss the dodge on the axes then the thief should probably be in the same position when it screws up or doesn't dodge my attack
but that's not the case for a whole lot of match ups

SA is quite possibly the dumbest trait line in the game lol it single handedly removed the biggest weakness thief had

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Best indicator that axe thief is broken, the worst player I have seen in plat games consistently this season and previous one were axe thief, always staying 1v3 for kills as if they were immortals, always staying in duel on side till they die over actually leaving alive if behind on the duel. They prob have the easiest disengage of all side noder to make sure not to die yet they never ever rotate out if losing. What does that say, it's simple, all these players are actually gold 1 players that got carried to plat only through how busted their spec is, even carrying their horrible rotations.  Now reason 2 why axe thief is broken, ambi consistently being mid plat 2 this season solo queuing on axe condi DE, where every other top pvper drops toward  high p1 low p2 each time they stop duo to solo queue some. Ambi himself saying it is broken and he is clearly master of axe thief, that thing played by him is absolutely disgusting to face and don't tell me 10 sec window, there isn't that vs his build.

Edit: plus ambi explained to me the bug/weird interaction that can be abused to easily negate the greatest weakness of axe thief builds....not sharing cause we don't want more axe thief in games.

Edited by youle.5824
  • Like 5
  • Confused 4

I'd love a more complex/hard to use version of axe thief that rewards me appropriately for using it properly. 

Please make my day.  Also I would like axes to work on structures, they're part of the game too.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
"Okay thief hun, it's time for your monthly nerf train"

1 hour ago, youle.5824 said:

Best indicator that axe thief is broken, the worst player I have seen in plat games consistently this season and previous one were axe thief, always staying 1v3 for kills as if they were immortals, always staying in duel on side till they die over actually leaving alive if behind on the duel. They prob have the easiest disengage of all side noder to make sure not to die yet they never ever rotate out if losing. What does that say, it's simple, all these players are actually gold 1 players that got carried to plat only through how busted their spec is, even carrying their horrible rotations.  Now reason 2 why axe thief is broken, ambi consistently being mid plat 2 this season solo queuing on axe condi DE, where every other top pvper drops toward  high p1 low p2 each time they stop duo to solo queue some. Ambi himself saying it is broken and he is clearly master of axe thief, that thing played by him is absolutely disgusting to face and don't tell me 10 sec window, there isn't that vs his build.

Edit: plus ambi explained to me the bug/weird interaction that can be abused to easily negate the greatest weakness of axe thief builds....not sharing cause we don't want more axe thief in games.

Let's say the bug gets fixed. 

How should it work assuming the above no longer exists, that would be fair to both the thief and you?

5 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Something we can agree on. F axe thief. Also I know ambi's build is taking advantage of some deadeye mechanics that seem to work a bit too well with axe. 1v1ing him does nothing for anyone. The mechanics work for him to have endless stealth and initiative and pressure. If you play the rotation right you never run out of any resources. 

5 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

Also if you expose the bug the faster it gets fixed.

1 hour ago, Endo.1652 said:

Also if you expose the bug the faster it gets fixed.

Yeah no lol, rather than betting on anet fixing a bug mentioned in 'forum' (unlikely ) would rather have only 1 player abusing it. 

22 minutes ago, youle.5824 said:

Yeah no lol, rather than betting on anet fixing a bug mentioned in 'forum' (unlikely ) would rather have only 1 player abusing it. 

Nah the goal is to get enough players abusing it that they are forced to deal with it. Like they did with the stolen item trait giving more dmg than intended, or even shadow flare 1 shotting.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Endo.1652 said:

Nah the goal is to get enough players abusing it that they are forced to deal with it. Like they did with the stolen item trait giving more dmg than intended, or even shadow flare 1 shotting.

All I hear is thief main that wants to learn how to cheese like ambi.

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Let's say the bug gets fixed. 

How should it work assuming the above no longer exists, that would be fair to both the thief and you?

3s stealth for dodging on smoke field -on the ONE CLASS with endless dodges and endless smoke fields- needs to go.

Period.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

It actually blows my mind that it hasn't been winning MAT's yet. There has to be some sort of Achilles heel that works against it because it always feels extremely oppressive to play against.

I thought that was obvious? @_@ it's because it's a side noder that can't actually hold node at all, same reason virt was never meta even though it had moments when it won every match up. You can roam with axe thief too ofc but it's not the best at it since the whole build is about setting up axes then get kills, so a delay that is more 1v1 appropriate. Steal into backstab is still better for a roamer than rushing to plus, take 3 sec to set up axes and then hope they land.

Just now, felincyriac.5981 said:

it just melts people way too easily, with very little risk. Bound's interaction with pistol 5 surely isn't healthy 

The absolute stealth abuse in this game isnt healthy for anyone.

Im not looking forward to ranger getting more of it, the jaguar buff was absolute vile for the health of PvP.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, youle.5824 said:

I thought that was obvious? @_@ it's because it's a side noder that can't actually hold node at all, same reason virt was never meta even though it had moments when it won every match up. You can roam with axe thief too ofc but it's not the best at it since the whole build is about setting up axes then get kills, so a delay that is more 1v1 appropriate. Steal into backstab is still better for a roamer than rushing to plus, take 3 sec to set up axes and then hope they land.

Steal into backstab takes less time to execute sure, but I can possibly recover from it. Steal into axe burst = I'm 100 -> 0 dead nearly instantly, seems a worthy tradeoff.

2 hours ago, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Steal into backstab takes less time to execute sure, but I can possibly recover from it. Steal into axe burst = I'm 100 -> 0 dead nearly instantly, seems a worthy tradeoff.

Well not rly if it's a plus opponent will just start leaving once he see axe thief preparing axes, where as a dp drd will stealth into back stab and in a plus it doesn't need to 100-0 , usually side noders are already pressured in their duel. Ofc dp drd doesn't have sustained dps comparable to axe thief ofc , but as a roamer it's still better.