Homestead Decorations - Where Are They All?

Omg Matt, you have to start all over again?  Many of your structures are huge, I can't imagine starting all over again 😮

Sorry I was just kidding when I said my Racetrack Arena fell from the sky 😃 Oh Well, it did fall from the sky and crashed into the forest. I  made it crash 😄
I did not check my hall for missing decor pieces but I'll do it tomorrow. Now I am a little worry.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

There are some cases where they put things like Djinn teleporters crafted with materials found exclusively via raiding into guild hall decorations. Those aren't in homesteads at this time, from what I've seen. I've only seen Djinn launchers thus far in homesteads.

Edit: One that isn't raiding, but rather fractals, is this console. I didn't see that has a homestead decoration yet either. It's just one of those more less casual PvE leaning recipes. What I'm getting at is that the developers seem to like programming decorations with interesting functionality for harder PvE content historically. There is a chance that in the future they will continue this trend with homesteads once they develop new content for raids/strikes/etc.

I mean... it's about homesteads, not guild halls...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Logos.5603 said:

Nah, there's stuff they showcased as ready that isn't available for crafting. For example, see the video with the Lightower. I feel tricked into buying something that isn't how they made it seem.

Do you mean this one at 4:50?

It's explicitely said that the lighthouse is made of multiple decoration.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

It's explicitely said that the lighthouse is made of multiple decoration.

Sigh...yea...not the actual lighthouse...the platforms used to build it dude! 

Same with the small town.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

1 hour ago, Logos.5603 said:

Sigh...yea...not the actual lighthouse...the platforms used to build it dude! 

Same with the small town.

Yeah, some of those in the town look like the racetrack decorations. I can't find a place to get those - the beetle race vendors only sell them for guild halls.

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

Yeah, some of those in the town look like the racetrack decorations. I can't find a place to get those - the beetle race vendors only sell them for guild halls.

Yep. Some are also new platforms. There is a bridge, I think, that is also not available. If these are the kinds of decorations that will be coming later...then that's a huge letdown. Don't showcase a feature with items that will not be available during release.

• Like 4
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

I mean... it's about homesteads, not guild halls...

Yeah, I think it isn't a valid complaint at this time to say that hardcore PvE has all the cool stuff for homesteads, since it's just the launchers at this moment. The discussion of raids and other harder PvE content getting all the cool things within homesteads might need to be put on hold. It's only a valid argument for guild hall decorators. People might be under the impression that all the guild hall decorations got ported over at this time. Not yet. Lots of missing stuff right now.

On another note, I'm fine with cool and useful things being raid decorations! I just hope that those raiders can sell us them, like those Djinn coins. We also have the concept of that open world version of that new raid.

• Like 1

Oh wow.  I NEED that lighthouse.

5 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

Omg Matt, you have to start all over again?  Many of your structures are huge, I can't imagine starting all over again 😮

I think it is because I pushed the item limitation to the very edge in so many spots that when they redid the system the overlaps had altered enough they could not remain in place.  But I had been thinking of starting again and now I can

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Okay? Where can I find the best stuff?

I only found bronze boss trophies so far. Please tell me.

that raid helm from Dhuum [&AgFpUAEA] looked freaking awesome, raid legendary armor, I was so jelly when it came out compared to the lets not even bother with the wvw/ pvp legendary looks.

Even them square lil golden decoration plates "rec room floor tile" were quite useful before craftable track pieces were at thing, but the other raid dec i'm thinking of is the fire lava short column thing "Cardinal Adina's Token".

Edited by Kelly.7019

On 8/24/2024 at 6:04 PM, Hari.7259 said:

Along the same lines .... how is one supposed to make an item that requires items that need to be purchased from a scribe and is not available in the trading post when one is NOT a member of a Guild ????  Specifically Bag of Mortar is required for some items and I have no way of purchasing any.

you can buy it from the homestead guy right next to the entry waypoint with gold or (silver)

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Sugar Min.5834 said:

This reminds me of EoD. Remember their Guild Hall showcase video showing how they individually placed many decorations? But that is not the case when they released Eod. To-date, we only get two, yes miserable two decorations from EoD, The Stone Dragon Head and Jade Bot workbench. What you see is not what you get 😠 Please not again?!!

this was either a case of incompetence or deception, not sure which i assumed the latter, which may of been a mistake.

Because they chose to show us a decorated guild hall and did not clarify  the decorations were not new EoD decorations. Any decorator would know what the old decorations were but the trick was were there any new ones? They did not say. They basically let us guess what was a decoration and what was a permanent environmental design. It would have been better and more clear if they showed us an undecorated guild hall. I still feel trickery was going on but it very well could have just been incompetence.

plus on top of that them jade dragon statues totally looked like a dec, and i thought maybe we were getting new trees. I had expected roughly 15-30 new decs which seems about avg comparably to previous xpacs at launch. So there had to be at least a handful of new decorations right? WRONG!

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

There are some cases where they put things like Djinn teleporters crafted with materials found exclusively via raiding into guild hall decorations. Those aren't in homesteads at this time,

we badly need them Djinn teleporters just to get arounn the maze world i wanna build! 😄

Edit: One that isn't raiding, but rather fractals, is this console. I didn't see that has a homestead decoration yet either. It's just one of those more less casual PvE leaning recipes.

well you can turn into a bee and basically have some of the same effects (not all)

What I'm getting at is that the developers seem to like programming decorations with interesting functionality for harder PvE content historically. There is a chance that in the future they will continue this trend with homesteads once they develop new content for raids/strikes/etc.

Please don't do this. just make em ascended decorations 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Shuzuru.3651 said:

(deleted the video you can look above for it)

What are the decs for that light tower? are those the new decorations? I'm not aware of what those columns are???

Edited by Kelly.7019

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

ohh interesting.

6 hours ago, Quench.7091 said:

I'm fine with cool and useful things being raid decorations! I just hope that those raiders can sell us them, like those Djinn coins. We also have the concept of that open world version of that new raid.

I'm not i'm a decorator - i want to decorate. I would have been fine with buying recipes that only dropped in raids, but then you would need to make them sellable and currently recipes are account bound. having someone come into your homestead and craft a limited number of them just isn't the same thing. Then you get to play the minigame of actually finding someone on probably those off peak hours annnd blah blah snore.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Roda.7468 said:

are the columns not the ascalonian pillars?

if you are thinking of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalonian_Pillar   I would say no imo. Maybe its a bad render, but there seems to be a square like kinda castle brick pattern https://imgur.com/osnF8xZ to the columns and walls that this Ascalonian pillar doesn't have.

Probably a new decoration that is not available yet, which means... i agree with the deception 😄 comments above(jk) but yea... probably just will be released later. 😕

Edited by Kelly.7019

20 minutes ago, Kelly.7019 said:

if you are thinking of https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascalonian_Pillar   I would say no imo. Maybe its a bad render, but there seems to be a square like kinda castle brick pattern https://imgur.com/osnF8xZ to the columns and walls that this Ascalonian pillar doesn't have.

Probably a new decoration that is not available yet, which means... i agree with the deception 😄 comments above(jk) but yea... probably just will be released later. 😕

oh yeah they're a totally different kind of pillar huh..

Now i'm curious if there's recipes we haven't found yet..

2 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

What are the decs for that light tower? are those the new decorations? I'm not aware of what those columns are???

The walls, archway and columns are academic ones from SOTO, I think.  The railing is elonian lattice.  The upper light area is made of academic window walls and a gold fire pit.  As far as I know, we can not get those yet.  I would assume they will be added in some way (I hope)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

that raid helm from Dhuum [&AgFpUAEA] looked freaking awesome, raid legendary armor, I was so jelly when it came out compared to the lets not even bother with the wvw/ pvp legendary looks.

That's an armor piece. We talked about homestead decorations... 🤦‍♂️

• Confused 1

I get you. I am a bit disappointed as well. I was hoping for more "basic" decos like the academy walls, pillars, at least the racetracks we could use as floors, ceilings or walls. There are many handiwork decos already in the game that they are hiding. You could see this on release when people had the handiwork 500 bug. I did craft some decos back then that are not craftable anymore (for example certain trees). So they ARE there, just hidden now. I can't fathom it be that hard to port decos from GH (scribing) to Homesteads, then again I am not a dev. But a little more selection on release would've been welcomed.

16 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

no, i wasn't

Eh.. yes you were. Your whole thread is about homestead decorations dude...

16 hours ago, Kelly.7019 said:

I didn't say only decorations.

And again, yes you were. Read your previous post again, you talk about recipes and decorations
See:

On 8/24/2024 at 4:52 PM, Kelly.7019 said:

of course anet, making niche content exclusive only to those that do it. and the only way to buy these recipes is thru raiding? are they account bound or sellable?

with guild halls you could decorate and using raiding decs cause yer guildies were nice and donated them. I don't raid but I like some of the raid trophies/ decorations.

I wish decorating was accessible to all decorations.

Decorations is pretty clear and what are the only recipes we can buy from raids? Right, Homestead recipes!

Stop making your self a fooo okay?

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kiroho.4738 said:

Eh.. yes you were. Your whole thread is about homestead decorations dude...

And again, yes you were. Read your previous post again, you talk about recipes and decorations
See:

Decorations is pretty clear and what are the only recipes we can buy from raids? Right, Homestead recipes!

Stop making your self a fooo okay?

(i'll play along with you) I pity the fools that don't get this.... (plus its my cosplay, so fitting)

ehhhh , no i wasn't, i specifically said "kitten" lol (should have said loot -woulda cleared all this right up- but i used a curse word instead) and when i tried to explain i said "stuff" instead of "loot", as in all stuff: decos, gear whatever drops in raids.  ~loot, stuff, "kitten" all the same thing 😄 😄 😄 ~

the thread may have started with decorations, but its not limited to only that. as people comment new ideas arise and the conversation may change, that was what happened here. It was open to more then just decorations but you misunderstood my meaning and i understand that, none the less. it wasn't that narrow.

the convo evolved someone mention raids (Glenna has recipes for 100-300 magnetite shards in the raid wings,)  and it got me thinking of loot from raids, and then i said something like raids drop all the best "loot".  but i said a curse word instead of "loot" and it says "kitten", then latter I phrased it as "stuff", but i see how not knowing that 1 word might of confused you.

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 8/24/2024 at 10:52 AM, Kelly.7019 said:

of course anet, making niche content exclusive only to those that do it. and the only way to buy these recipes is thru raiding? are they account bound or sellable?

with guild halls you could decorate and using raiding decs cause yer guildies were nice and donated them. I don't raid but I like some of the raid trophies/ decorations.

I wish decorating was accessible to all decorations.

Sorry but you shouldn't get the things that are rewarded from a piece of content you just don't want to do. Get over it.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Sounds.3456 said:

Sorry but you shouldn't get the things that are rewarded from a piece of content you just don't want to do. Get over it.

What is wrong with that? Are decorations game breaking? Or overpowered in game? Let others enjoy their games so long as they are not affecting your gameplay. Get over it.

Edited by Sugar Min.5834