Where did the 50-man squads go?

From what I've seen so far on EU and with a few exceptions at rare times during the week, WvW has become a zoo full of headless chickens running around everywhere, almost no way to build a squad of 50 that is at least organized. What the hell is this? It looks like a battle royale full of solo players... It's disgusting. And on top of that, there's no way to have a minimum of queues on the maps, everything is deserted, it looks like the Sahara. It makes me vomit the game. Best regards.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

What you're describing sounds so much better than 50 man blobs.

However, it's still summer, after an expansion, there's less community commanders because there's no server communities anymore and the matchmaking doesn't take into account organisation or playstyles as far as I know. So you could have just landed in an alliance that has fewer commanders and zerglings.

• Like 7
  • Confused 2

Oh no, someone notify them! They all got buffed by the ever decreasing target caps. They should be on the warpath making the game boring for everyone so their fee fees won't get hurt by losing even when they have more players. It is an actual tragedy that they are not all logged in, partying and spraying graffiti over the last vestiges of this mockery of game balance. 😮

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Bold of you to assume any of the people on most of these servers are more than flavor text and are genuinely capable of clouding rather than just rallying downs.

A few players have to do most of the work vs zergs atm and anet is making it like pulling teeth.

Large target cap skills and builds that do more damage with more targets (like burn guard) existed for a reason.

Edited by Lyralia.2945
  • Like 2

That is what happens when you remove servers and make it about smaller groups. We told Anet many many many times that in the end there will be more people who are not in guilds or alliances that will take over WvW and they have no intentions to actually do anything. They will log on ask for a tag, moan about how bad the server is and bla bla bla bla bla and then log off or run dollies and cap camps when they are sure there are no enemies close. They are usually around 15 + so when the rest of us are trying to defend something they refuse to come anyway so we are even less.

WvW will only work if you have servers and veterans on it. If not then this is what is WvW. And it is only getting worse by the day. Anet no longer need to worry about defense because there are not enough people interesting in trying to defend against a boonball bubble meta blob when they have no blob them self so they either just let go of it or go there and die and then log out because what is the point with wvw when we no longer are able to play it as we did with servers.

And Arena Net stand on the side with some sort of weird prestige thought that they always had towards WvW. Which is something like we did ALL this for you, it is not what you asked for but you god kitten will like it because it is this or nothing and no matter how bad it goes you will like it so sit down and shut up. And we sit down....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

WR/Alliances has brought in more pre-formed groups, so more invis tags during primetime and less open number of pugs since they are sprinkled around during each re-sort spreading them around to fill in gaps. So if you weren't already grouped up, you may find less open groups during your prime hours. There will be other answers to this question though as well and mileage will vary sort to sort. We are closing into sort 3 so another round of testing and you might find that your new grouping is different than the first two. The 6 week sort saw more group mixing versus the 4 week sort, but too limited of samplings so far to say that was due to the time, number of alliances, alliance mixes or something in the sort itself.

• Confused 3

Yea, it is surprisingly hard  to gather 50 people on voice when no1 has the voice address at the start of the 1 month period and half the people are originally from french/german/spanish servers.

Of course you can make 50 man guild... But then you just faceroll over enemies because you would need to find another 50 man guild for challenge. All you will be doing is play 15 hours a week to face enemy that stands a chance for 1 hour.

But yea, theres easy fix. Just return solo servers.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

We are closing into sort 3 so another round of testing and you might find that your new grouping is different than the first two. The 6 week sort saw more group mixing versus the 4 week sort, but too limited of samplings so far to say that was due to the time, number of alliances, alliance mixes or something in the sort itself.

I sort of have thoughts about this. IF we had got the alliances then what you are talking about here and we all talked about in other threads would be something that could be sorted out. Alliances had to be settled, we and Anet had to understand the groups and how we fight against other alliances to be able to form tiers with groups that are as equal as possible. This would be understandable to us all really.

BUT we never got alliances, we got worldrestruction and we are there for still on One up/One down. So the only thing that Arena Net can possibly do here after a re-shuffle, is to decide aobut the first week. After the first week One up/One down is deciding how your next week will look like. So with that said, i don't see that we can get to a point where Anet can make matches work, unless they decide mathes every week which in the end would be a reshuffle every week, which to me sounds even worse then what we got now. because then it just is a constant flow of new players and noone know nothing about anyone and then it is reshuffle again.

We really need alliances or servers back if we are going to get anywhere with this.

I'm sorry but they have to push the pedal on the concepts of team/server, belonging, team spirit, identity, diversity etc etc. or wvw doesn't work as it should. Let's wait for the third round, then the fourth and all the ones you want. But if the player doesn't perceive the team as 'his' team, it doesn't work. WR you use it 1 time a year to start the season again. And please redo this clockwork points system because it is really out of place.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Leaa.2943 said:

I sort of have thoughts about this. IF we had got the alliances then what you are talking about here and we all talked about in other threads would be something that could be sorted out. Alliances had to be settled, we and Anet had to understand the groups and how we fight against other alliances to be able to form tiers with groups that are as equal as possible. This would be understandable to us all really.

BUT we never got alliances, we got worldrestruction and we are there for still on One up/One down. So the only thing that Arena Net can possibly do here after a re-shuffle, is to decide aobut the first week. After the first week One up/One down is deciding how your next week will look like. So with that said, i don't see that we can get to a point where Anet can make matches work, unless they decide mathes every week which in the end would be a reshuffle every week, which to me sounds even worse then what we got now. because then it just is a constant flow of new players and noone know nothing about anyone and then it is reshuffle again.

We really need alliances or servers back if we are going to get anywhere with this.

Agree we didn't get an Alliance system, but we did get their sub-in process in the version of the community guilds. I wish they would post those out here but based on user postings there are more than I had expected to see. What that make and mix looks like would be interesting to see. How it impacts open groups would be another interesting story to look at.

• Like 1

Bro, kitten blob gameplay. As shallow as current PvE and its glorified benchmark golems.
Balancing around 50v50 already kittened up the balance so bad, and it keeps getting worse.
It's impossible to design the whole mode around 20+ people stacking in the same place.

Edited by Sereath.1428
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

spoken like a real chicken

Gobble gobble.

i am a headless one. I just am one of those that mindlessly engage blobs like a bot and hope others follow. Costs me my life more than often but works out aswell every now and then.

but players like me are the reason, „coordinated groups“ become less. Welp. Sorry.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You will probably find a lot of pugs, generally on EBG, running around outside an open tag on an advertised Discord, queuing the map.

Some are social enough to join, while many others just cloud on their own, or with friends, it has been that way for a long while.

Activity in WvW may not be great after the expac, due to it being summer and also there are other games to play, other than gw2 and this game mode too.

Edited by RisingDawn.5796

9 hours ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Gobble gobble.

i am a headless one. I just am one of those that mindlessly engage blobs like a bot and hope others follow. Costs me my life more than often but works out aswell every now and then.

but players like me are the reason, „coordinated groups“ become less. Welp. Sorry.

This is where there is an interesting dichotomy in the game concepts. When rambling at players, I tell them to know how to roam, know how to havoc and know how to run with a tag. All three have their time and place.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RisingDawn.5796 said:

You will probably find a lot of pugs, generally on EBG, running around outside an open tag on an advertised Discord, queuing the map.

Some are social enough to join, while many others just cloud on their own, or with friends, it has been that way for a long while.

Activity in WvW may not be great after the expac, due to it being summer and also there are other games to play, other than gw2 and this game mode too.

EBG does draw the most pugs over the years and there was the HBL vs EBG mindsets and back and fourths but ironically seeing less of that HBL v EBG banter after the WR. Will be interesting to see if that remains the same on the third sort. I think a lot of the hardcore home defenders are now spread around the sorts and their EBG counters are now also spread about. Again when step away from the lose of your server, there is are a number of mental games afoot in the mixes.

Remember to check your WvW guild settings, we are a day some away from a new lockout, double check your settings!