Empowered Beehive - ???

44 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Yeah, I agree.  I haven't seen them get much use by anyone.

I'm using them all the time when I'm traversing, especially on Warclaw you just blaze across the map.

There's certain areas where you don't see any of them nearby which sucks for some fights, but on the whole I find they're really nice. It's a lot like HoT with the Adrenaline Mushrooms, except in this case the Beehives are all over the place so it's more readily accessible.

They recharge surprisingly quickly too--if you are near one while fighting, it's not a bad idea to combat-mount your Warclaw, zip over to recharge (if needed), and then jump back in the fight. It recharges the combat-mount too so you can do it again relatively frequently, as well as being able to CC the opponent.

• Like 8

42 minutes ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

They recharge surprisingly quickly too--if you are near one while fighting, it's not a bad idea to combat-mount your Warclaw, zip over to recharge (if needed), and then jump back in the fight. It recharges the combat-mount too so you can do it again relatively frequently, as well as being able to CC the opponent.

I did not know that. Will have to give that a go.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I found this mastery (lowland beehives) pretty useless. I'm not a fast player and my skills refresh quite well naturally. But then the next in the chain, which I got,  seems to be exactly the same except it is for Janthir Syntri. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Thormano.7806 said:

Am I missing something?

Nope, you're not missing anything.

A lot of builds these days are entirely self-sufficient even before grabbing Jade Protocols on top of things.

The big thing for the Beehives is to use them when running around on your Warclaw. Makes it super speedy and helps with treasure hunting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoff Fey.1035 said:

There's certain areas where you don't see any of them nearby which sucks for some fights, but on the whole I find they're really nice. It's a lot like HoT with the Adrenaline Mushrooms, except in this case the Beehives are all over the place so it's more readily accessible.

The adrenal mushrooms from HoT were in strategic places during (difficult) fights and provided a real tactical advantage. I haven't seen any real advantage with the beehives yet; they may be on the map often, but they are in strategically rather unfavorable places that require you to make (small) detours. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I did not know that. Will have to give that a go.

This was actually how we started killing the Titan for the Spear event in Lowlands (Southwest area).  The one with the Red/Green Light, barricades, and endless spawns. Just mount-up when the breakbar appears, leap away to safety, and chain pull/spear throw until it's broken again. Made is super fast and easy.

EMP 2.0 does ~1000 Defiance Bar Damage, I think, per use. 

Feral Fury lets your warclaw get an extra 875 Defiance Bar Damage by just mounting (in combat), skill 4 (575) then skill 1 (300), all for maybe 3-4 seconds. 

Functionally it means that the community's Defiance Bar Damage potential (if using both) has doubled which is going to be hilarious for fights like Soo-Won and Dragonstorm!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Zok.4956 said:

The adrenal mushrooms from HoT were in strategic places during (difficult) fights and provided a real tactical advantage.

Including the hardest HoT fight of all, snarfing down that delicious toxic bacon.

Beehives are in good spots for a sometimes boost while floofing around after sniff boxes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I have completed the Masteries Lowland Beehives and Janthir Explorer Proficiency. Can someone explain where I might see any of the benefits of "Refreshing skill cooldowns" for either of these masteries? I get a little animation as I brush by these trees but nothing shows in the bar above my utility skills. Considering that these were masteries that I had to gain a lot of experience points to achieve I thought their usefulness might have been a little more apparent or am I missing somthing here?

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

ANET this mastery  is mostly a waste. Its not practical the majority of the time. Why would I ever run away from a boss or an event to go refresh everything but its beyond inconvenient to do so? Will there be niche moments when this is useful? Probably but that's why I say its mostly not practical. Instead I think we should have gotten a different type of buff i.e. our next gathering strike 100% chance to get an extra swing. Making us spend our hard earned mastery points and experience on adrenal mushrooms AGAIN is not great game design IMO.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/27/2024 at 6:31 AM, Scruffy.3982 said:

I have completed the Masteries Lowland Beehives and Janthir Explorer Proficiency. Can someone explain where I might see any of the benefits of "Refreshing skill cooldowns" for either of these masteries? I get a little animation as I brush by these trees but nothing shows in the bar above my utility skills. Considering that these were masteries that I had to gain a lot of experience points to achieve I thought their usefulness might have been a little more apparent or am I missing somthing here?

You are not missing anything. There is negligible usefulness in getting everything refreshed when not near a boss or close to an event where this would be warranted. It would have been better to receive a special action to be used when we need it. I think its a big waste.

beehives seem more helpful up on cliffs where the skyscale can touch em then climb up higher n higher easily(seen a couple of these in useful spots in Janthir Syntri that NW section hardly anyone goes to). same would go for anyplace you need to reset yer endurance for more boosting but over all it does seem to be an unused pointless mastery. But that's how some masteries are now, since they focusing on masteries being a feature, they need to fill it with something. 😄 😄 😄

Edited by Kelly.7019
  • Like 1

Beehives is for bond of vigor spam, traversal is very efficient with them.

very good thing, like I'm extremely happy with it because it really shortens travel times by a lot with warclaw, u can basically have infinite stamina, or near infinite one depending on what routes u chose and if u have regen boost in jetbot. 

Also it refreshes skills, sometimes it's really useful. If u just do metas then it's probably useless for you, yet I used them during metas multiple times as there is at least few around every major event, 1s detour or smtg, and they refreshes extremely fast.

if u actually play then it's most useful utility in maps by far. Hot had these thingies too but they was way too scarce to be really useful. 

It's very abundant, very useful, 10/10 mastery, if u can't see how this is OP then its clearly an skill issue, in combat u get access to every skill reset. Basically chrono continum split on steroids to prefight state. And on mount it's infinite dash/jump/bond vigor thingy.

I can't understand how u guys can say it's useless. The resting bonus is useless, those "additional mats" is useless, everything but hives is lowkey useless. Meanwhile in forums "beehives are useless" 

Why.... why do I come here......

Edited by Triptaminas.4789
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

These are definitely one of the better additions to the expansion. They might be similar to adrenal mushrooms (but better, because adrenal mushrooms don't refill mount endurance), but they fill a different niche because they're clearly designed to help with traversal. They're liberally sprinkled throughout the maps because they're the ground mount equivalent of the magic orbs, ley lines, and updrafts we've had for a while to refuel your mount and keep going, and they feel a lot less railroady about it.

A lot of them are strategically placed at the bottom of  cliffs to help warclaw get up, or the top to give you more horizontal jump distance. You can use Bond of Vigor before going through one, and get refilled endurance plus ~14 seconds of super endurance regen — enough to get you a long way. On turtle, it means you can easily go from a high point and literally never touch the ground; I like kidnapping people in Janthir Syntri and jetting them all the way up to the cloud layer, it's great fun.

With jumping mushrooms making a return I expect they considered making it a bonus mastery for adrenal mushrooms, like the skyscale ones where if you just have the new mastery, it acts like the old one, but if you have both you get enhanced features, but in the end decided beehives would be more thematic and meant everyone would get the endurance refill to get maximum use out of their warclaw. 

1 hour ago, Manpag.6421 said:

With jumping mushrooms making a return I expect they considered making it a bonus mastery for adrenal mushrooms, like the skyscale ones where if you just have the new mastery, it acts like the old one, but if you have both you get enhanced features, but in the end decided beehives would be more thematic and meant everyone would get the endurance refill to get maximum use out of their warclaw. 

If they do, I've got 27 HoT mastery points just sitting there not doing anything. 😛

23 hours ago, Triptaminas.4789 said:

Beehives is for bond of vigor spam, traversal is very efficient with them.

very good thing, like I'm extremely happy with it because it really shortens travel times by a lot with warclaw, u can basically have infinite stamina, or near infinite one depending on what routes u chose and if u have regen boost in jetbot. 

Also it refreshes skills, sometimes it's really useful. If u just do metas then it's probably useless for you, yet I used them during metas multiple times as there is at least few around every major event, 1s detour or smtg, and they refreshes extremely fast.

if u actually play then it's most useful utility in maps by far. Hot had these thingies too but they was way too scarce to be really useful. 

It's very abundant, very useful, 10/10 mastery, if u can't see how this is OP then its clearly an skill issue, in combat u get access to every skill reset. Basically chrono continum split on steroids to prefight state. And on mount it's infinite dash/jump/bond vigor thingy.

I can't understand how u guys can say it's useless. The resting bonus is useless, those "additional mats" is useless, everything but hives is lowkey useless. Meanwhile in forums "beehives are useless" 

Why.... why do I come here......

I said mostly. Skill reset is VERY OP. Skill reset where its nowhere near a boss, event or endurance expenditure isn't.

Not THAT hard to understand my point if you really try...

• Confused 1