Thief 1500 Rifle range, and Ranger "1500" LB range (Video Evidence Now Included)

AikijinX.6258

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Genesis.5169 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:I don't wanna hear any physics talk about how arrows are supposed to fly farther because of their density or wing tips or any of that.

I'm sorry to say but arrows are supposed to fly farther because they are denser and have wing tips so they are more aerodynamic here see

Um. What? Did you read the link you posted?

It shows that arrows have a significantly higher drag coefficient than bullets, and neither the mass nor fletchings will allow them to fly further. If anything, the mass and fletchings result in much shorter flight times.

The problem with ol-timey bullets were several-fold, but the problem was not the drag, generally. It was that smooth-bore barrels combined with circular bullets produces wildly unpredictable projectiles. Armies using blunderbusses in the past corrected this problem by just having more people shooting these unpredictable projectiles. Essentially, they made their armies into giant, walking shotguns. Arrows/Crossbows were significantly more difficult to produce, and train people to proficiency.

The thing is, in GW2, bullets fly straight. This means they're using rifled barrels and modern-ish bullets (circa 1900s onwards). These bullets will always fly further than arrows and experience less drag.

To the OP's point: Arrows can greatly exceed their listed range for some reason. I've seen rangers shoot around 1800ish distance if they have an elevation bonus. The listed 1500 only seems to assume on flat ground.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:I don't wanna hear any physics talk about how arrows are supposed to fly farther because of their density or wing tips or any of that.

I'm sorry to say but arrows are supposed to fly farther because they are denser and have wing tips so they are more aerodynamic here see

Um. What? Did you read the link you posted?

It shows that arrows have a significantly higher drag coefficient than bullets, and neither the mass nor fletchings will allow them to fly further. If anything, the mass and fletchings result in much shorter flight times.

The problem with ol-timey bullets were several-fold, but the problem was not the drag, generally. It was that smooth-bore barrels combined with circular bullets produces wildly unpredictable projectiles. Armies using blunderbusses in the past corrected this problem by just having more people shooting these unpredictable projectiles. Essentially, they made their armies into giant, walking shotguns. Arrows/Crossbows were significantly more difficult to produce, and train people to proficiency.

The thing is, in GW2, bullets fly straight. This means they're using rifled barrels and modern-ish bullets (circa 1900s onwards). These bullets will always fly further than arrows and experience less drag.

To the OP's point: Rangers are the only class in the game whose normal weapons can greatly exceed their listed range. I've seen rangers shoot around 1800ish distance if they have an elevation bonus. The listed 1500 only seems to assume on flat ground.

Check OPs video it shows shooting from lower elevation, on flat ground etc The Discrepancy is there and the discrepancy is about the distance of the missing 15% Range Buffer Of Rifle which would put its projectiles at 1725 units.

From reddit 3 years ago. Dev comment is not able to be located...

“You prompted me to take a closer look. I can't find the Dev post that explained it, but essentially all arcing projectiles have a longer valid range than listed, in the sense that the projectile will hit instead of an Out Of Range error.

The projectile actually travels father than 1500 even if you're standing at 1500, due to the arc. If the projectile was only valid for 1500 (or with a slight increase to account for the arc when your target is at the same altitude), there would be instances where a target within range would nonetheless result in an Out Of Range error.It's not so much a bug (as in an unintended error in the code), as a deliberate mechanic to accommodate the physics of the projectile, which results in a beneficial effect. It's been around since Beta, people are very aware of it, and ANet has given no indication that they intend to change it.”

Apparently this has been a topic since before launch, unlike the unintended Deadeye stealth tracking bug.

Edit- And another description...

if you guys can take a look at the placement of this ranger player, hes clearly farther away on my end (look at my kneel as its in the red) but this guy can hit me all day everyday with a 1200 ranged weapon...he can also before i recorded hit people at the gate far far left of his little tower and was taking us out due to the arrow not fading into nothingness. At least update the tooltip for rangers to say "can arch down to hit targets at 1800 range"

why cant deadeyes hit them? its a friggin bullet?!

Projectiles that arc gain an extra 300 range. The devs have already stated this numerous times YEARS ago. Rifle and pistol skills, due to the projectile travelling in a straight line, hit the range limit exactly as given in the tooltip.

Offhand dagger 4 on a thief can hit upwards of 2000 range in the right circumstances.

@"Alatar.7364" said:Well it's skill range is 1 500, not 1 200.But anyway it is a well known fact that Rangers shots/projectiles go a lot (a lot) beyond their Max Range while still tracking target. I should not even mention how these shots will also follow you in to stealth and even follow your movement after you have been stealthed for a long period of time.

we need more examples other than my video if willing to do some testing. just unfair

It has been tested to death in the first year GW2 came out. There's no need to beat the
extremely
dead horse some more. This range topic died out
so
long ago its not even funny.

Funny you can’t find a Dev post to back up your claim but I can find a Dev post from 3 years ago s staying all Skills Ranged and Melee have a 15% Range Buffer which is clearly lacking on Rifle skills.

Also here’s the definition of All again

Also quit trying to go off topic to say something is a bug when the Patch notes even state that it is intended

If this range buffer affects everything except rifle as you say, why do I have a longer range with shortbow than with pistol on thief?Example:
Or is something else the cause there?

Again Tyler Chapman Stated “All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Now in that statement does it say some or most or only bows? No no it doesn’t

So if other skills are having range issues bring it up, but I do know a lot of times Shortbow will not even go it’s intended 900 plus Buffer since it’s projectile path on aa.

This issue was literally tested in
Alpha
on a target with a huge hitbox. They stated that the range of 1800 is on flat ground and can go up to 1970 on raised/lowered ground. The distance was calculated between the arrow and the center of the hitbox which adds that 170 range.

The devs already know about this. This topic is seriously
so
old its not even funny.

Quote the Dev that stated it, I already provided Anet Dev Tyler Chapman’s statement on all ranged and melee skills having this 15% Buffer you have yet to post any Dev quote stating only Bows get this because of “Arc”. If a Dev Stated show us the quote. Because I have a statement that says All Skills.

I know some people will be mad that Skills would be on an actual fair playing field and they lose the advantage.

You're the one that's mad that bows shoot farther than guns lol

I don't need to quote the dev that stated it. The devs haven't stated a lot of things. However, anyone can
prove
to you that bows shoot farther. There's no reason to quote a dev here. The fact of the matter is, all of this information came from
ALPHA TESTING
for the game. Meaning, the devs tested this stuff waaaaay before the game was actually released. They know about it, they've addressed it.

If you want rifles and guns to shoot farther, make a thread about it. But I doubt you'd get a positive response...

Also, this "advantage" you're talking about is negligent as the 300 range is pretty much a single auto attack if someone is moving towards you.

Can’t provide statements from Devs backing up your claims? Has well I have provided one that backs up my claims, funny how that works right?

Oh really Deadeye Rifle 1500 Range was tested during Alpha against 1500 Ranger longbow Range? Tell how well that went. Lulz

This thread is about getting Rifle it’s 15% Range Buffer that’s missing, Deadeye Rifle stops exactly at 1500 Range doesn’t go a cm further we are asking for the bug of the missing 15% be fixed. #ReadingComprehension

Sounds like you are scared to lose your large advantage against other 1500 Range Weapons.

They were literally deleted by the dev team with the removal of the old forums.

You can laugh all you want, but bows have extra range due to arcing projectiles and guns don't. So
ha. ha.
who wins out in the end?

It's too bad you're scared that I have a large advantage against other 1500 range weapons. It's also too bad that it is going to
stay
like that. :')

For the record, you're literally arguing semantics when the proof is right there in game. Your crying isn't going to get extra range added onto guns. Nor will it get the range removed on bows. It works like that because arcing projectiles caused many pathing issues with terrain. That's why the extra range is there. If you want guns to have arcing projectiles too, they might look incredibly stupid and unrealistic, but hey. At least you'd get what you want.

Funny I can find Dev posts backing up my claim all day everyday from the Old Forums, again back up your claim while I have a Dev staging all skills are supposed to have a Range Buffer.

Nope, I don’t play Deadeye or anything that uses long range Projectile #PowerShiroproblems, sounds like you are scared to go against more classes that would be on a more even footing range wise.

Nope never said remove Ranger Longbow Rane, if you read any of my post or AikijinX’ you would see they add the Range Buffer that is missing on Rifle #ReadingComprehension.

Again I think this needs to be said one more time (or more for some people) No one said to remove Range from Ranger longbow.

Back up your claims by Arcing Projectile with Dev post stating as such again you are making claims and excuses without backing them up, sounds like reaching to me.

Honestly grow up dude. All I said was that the reason for the extra range on bows was due to an issue with the projectiles and terrain with the arcing projectiles. You're the one coming out here throwing a fuss about quotes. Like other people have said as well, these issues were brought up before the game was actually released. You're literally talking about issues that have already been beaten to death YEARS ago.

For the record, I can back up my claims of arcing projectiles having extra range
in game.
Why do I need a dev quote when quite literally anyone playing could show you?

Me grow up? Ha I didn’t go into your thread making a fuss over people wanting a bug fixed, or making claims wanting to take away something from your class.

Again you are making claims but not proving it with a legit Dev statement backing it up, you can’t back it up that it’s intended without a Dev statement or Patchnote stating as such, it’s just your claim on why it has the added range with no substances to it and making excuses for not being able to provide one, guess what my claim that the Rifle is missing it’s range Buffer has substance and Dev statement to back it up to boot funny how that works.

Nice try though it was a great laugh for me.

Tell what does this Dev quote say?

Tyler Chapman:“17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.”

Every time I try to pull up a page from the old forums, this is the screen I get:https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/List-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread/page/3#post3750901

These threads are from several years ago where people clearly mentioning a projectiles arc as the reason for the extra range.https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/3dtvd7/max_weapon_range_1200/https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2chjx6/longest_ranged_weapon/https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/2r2f5y/noob_question_is_there_any_way_to_show_the_range/http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/41056-soooo-did-longbow-range-increase-over-this-stress-test/

I don't why a dev quote has to be the end all be all. It is quite literally common knowledge as to the fact that arcing projectiles travel farther than straight ones.

“You prompted me to take a closer look. I can't find the Dev post that explained it, but essentially all arcing projectiles have a longer valid range than listed, in the sense that the projectile will hit instead of an Out Of Range error.

The projectile actually travels father than 1500 even if you're standing at 1500, due to the arc. If the projectile was only valid for 1500 (or with a slight increase to account for the arc when your target is at the same altitude), there would be instances where a target within range would nonetheless result in an Out Of Range error.It's not so much a bug (as in an unintended error in the code), as a deliberate mechanic to accommodate the physics of the projectile, which results in a beneficial effect. It's been around since Beta, people are very aware of it, and ANet has given no indication that they intend to change it.”

Apparently this has been a topic since before launch, unlike the unintended Deadeye stealth tracking bug.

if you guys can take a look at the placement of this ranger player, hes clearly farther away on my end (look at my kneel as its in the red) but this guy can hit me all day everyday with a 1200 ranged weapon...he can also before i recorded hit people at the gate far far left of his little tower and was taking us out due to the arrow not fading into nothingness. At least update the tooltip for rangers to say "can arch down to hit targets at 1800 range"

Projectiles that arc gain an extra 300 range. The devs have already stated this numerous times YEARS ago. Rifle and pistol skills, due to the projectile travelling in a straight line, hit the range limit exactly as given in the tooltip.

Offhand dagger 4 on a thief can hit upwards of 2000 range in the right circumstances.

@"Alatar.7364" said:Well it's skill range is 1 500, not 1 200.But anyway it is a well known fact that Rangers shots/projectiles go a lot (a lot) beyond their Max Range while still tracking target. I should not even mention how these shots will also follow you in to stealth and even follow your movement after you have been stealthed for a long period of time.

we need more examples other than my video if willing to do some testing. just unfair

It has been tested to death in the first year GW2 came out. There's no need to beat the
extremely
so

Funny you can’t find a Dev post to back up your claim but I can find a Dev post from 3 years ago s staying all Skills Ranged and Melee have a 15% Range Buffer which is clearly lacking on Rifle skills.

Also quit trying to go off topic to say something is a bug when the Patch notes even state that it is intended

If this range buffer affects everything except rifle as you say, why do I have a longer range with shortbow than with pistol on thief?Example:

Again Tyler Chapman Stated “All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Now in that statement does it say some or most or only bows? No no it doesn’t

So if other skills are having range issues bring it up, but I do know a lot of times Shortbow will not even go it’s intended 900 plus Buffer since it’s projectile path on aa.

Alpha
on a target with a huge hitbox. They stated that the range of 1800 is on flat ground and can go up to 1970 on raised/lowered ground. The distance was calculated between the arrow and the center of the hitbox which adds that 170 range.

so
old its not even funny.

Quote the Dev that stated it, I already provided Anet Dev Tyler Chapman’s statement on all ranged and melee skills having this 15% Buffer you have yet to post any Dev quote stating only Bows get this because of “Arc”. If a Dev Stated show us the quote. Because I have a statement that says All Skills.

I know some people will be mad that Skills would be on an actual fair playing field and they lose the advantage.

I don't need to quote the dev that stated it. The devs haven't stated a lot of things. However, anyone can
prove
to you that bows shoot farther. There's no reason to quote a dev here. The fact of the matter is, all of this information came from
ALPHA TESTING
for the game. Meaning, the devs tested this stuff waaaaay before the game was actually released. They know about it, they've addressed it.

If you want rifles and guns to shoot farther, make a thread about it. But I doubt you'd get a positive response...

Also, this "advantage" you're talking about is negligent as the 300 range is pretty much a single auto attack if someone is moving towards you.

Can’t provide statements from Devs backing up your claims? Has well I have provided one that backs up my claims, funny how that works right?

Oh really Deadeye Rifle 1500 Range was tested during Alpha against 1500 Ranger longbow Range? Tell how well that went. Lulz

This thread is about getting Rifle it’s 15% Range Buffer that’s missing, Deadeye Rifle stops exactly at 1500 Range doesn’t go a cm further we are asking for the bug of the missing 15% be fixed. #ReadingComprehension

Sounds like you are scared to lose your large advantage against other 1500 Range Weapons.

You can laugh all you want, but bows have extra range due to arcing projectiles and guns don't. So
ha. ha.
who wins out in the end?

It's too bad you're scared that I have a large advantage against other 1500 range weapons. It's also too bad that it is going to
stay

For the record, you're literally arguing semantics when the proof is right there in game. Your crying isn't going to get extra range added onto guns. Nor will it get the range removed on bows. It works like that because arcing projectiles caused many pathing issues with terrain. That's why the extra range is there. If you want guns to have arcing projectiles too, they might look incredibly stupid and unrealistic, but hey. At least you'd get what you want.

Funny I can find Dev posts backing up my claim all day everyday from the Old Forums, again back up your claim while I have a Dev staging all skills are supposed to have a Range Buffer.

Nope, I don’t play Deadeye or anything that uses long range Projectile #PowerShiroproblems, sounds like you are scared to go against more classes that would be on a more even footing range wise.

Nope never said remove Ranger Longbow Rane, if you read any of my post or AikijinX’ you would see they add the Range Buffer that is missing on Rifle #ReadingComprehension.

Again I think this needs to be said one more time (or more for some people) No one said to remove Range from Ranger longbow.

Back up your claims by Arcing Projectile with Dev post stating as such again you are making claims and excuses without backing them up, sounds like reaching to me.

Honestly grow up dude. All I said was that the reason for the extra range on bows was due to an issue with the projectiles and terrain with the arcing projectiles. You're the one coming out here throwing a fuss about quotes. Like other people have said as well, these issues were brought up before the game was actually released. You're literally talking about issues that have already been beaten to death YEARS ago.

For the record, I can back up my claims of arcing projectiles having extra range
in game.

Me grow up? Ha I didn’t go into your thread making a fuss over people wanting a bug fixed, or making claims wanting to take away something from your class.

Again you are making claims but not proving it with a legit Dev statement backing it up, you can’t back it up that it’s intended without a Dev statement or Patchnote stating as such, it’s just your claim on why it has the added range with no substances to it and making excuses for not being able to provide one, guess what my claim that the Rifle is missing it’s range Buffer has substance and Dev statement to back it up to boot funny how that works.

Tyler Chapman:“17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.”

Every time I try to pull up a page from the old forums, this is the screen I get:

This thread is from 2 years ago where people clearly mentioning a projectiles arc as the reason for the extra range.

I don't why a dev quote has to be the end all be all. It is quite literally common knowledge as to the fact that arcing projectiles travel farther than straight ones.

Again I quoted a Dev stating that all Skills have a 15% Range Buffer, Rifle is stopping exactly at 1500.

Now if Arcing projectiles are supposed to have a further range(still haven’t seen anything by a Dev to state that interaction) that isn’t he problem I’m addressing or the Thread this Thread is about getting the 15% Buffer that Rifle is missing added to it.

Again I’m that thread they actually link to the post that I pulled my quote from with Tyler Chapman stating “17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Literally their reasoning for the longer range is the quote I am using, reading that thread states as much multiple times and they link that post multiple times.

extremely
so

Alpha

so
old its not even funny.

prove
ALPHA TESTING

ha. ha.
who wins out in the end?

stay

in game.

Every time I try to pull up a page from the old forums, this is the screen I get:

This thread is from 2 years ago where people clearly mentioning a projectiles arc as the reason for the extra range.

Again I quoted a Dev stating that all Skills have a 15% Range Buffer, Rifle is stopping exactly at 1500.

Now if Arcing projectiles are supposed to have a further range(still haven’t seen anything by a Dev to state that interaction) that isn’t he problem I’m addressing or the Thread this Thread is about getting the 15% Buffer that Rifle is missing added to it.

Again I’m that thread they actually link to the post that I pulled my quote from with Tyler Chapman stating “17. Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Literally their reasoning for the longer range is the quote I am using, reading that thread states as much multiple times and they link that post multiple times.

The devs have been wrong or gone back on their word in the past. Sorry they didn't get the wording quite right but this isn't even an issue specific to rifle. The fact is, arcing projectiles have extra range. Non-arcing projectiles don't. That's just the way the game is. You are literally arguing semantics. Anet designed arcing projectiles to have extra range because they would get obstructed on even terrain. This stuff was hashed out YEARS ago... I don't know why you are bringing a really old topic back, nor why you are so adamant on dev posts. I'm not making all of this information up, nor is it new information. You could ask any experienced player why some ranged weapons have longer range and they'll tell you its because the projectiles have an arc. It is not a bug, it is purposely designed so that projectiles actually hit their targets instead of some obstructed wall bug that was an issue near release.

If this was a rifle specific bug, then why does EVERY arcing projectile in the game extend past the tooltip range, while every straight shot does not?

Look at ranger's longbow for example. The autos hit for 1800 range because they arc. Point Blank Shot only hits up to 1200 range because it doesn't arc.

Ask for ALL projectiles to get a 15% range buff if that's what you're really looking for. Instead, you just want rifle to get the increased range. Buff ranger longbow while you're at it.

@AikijinX.6258 said:What would be nice is if we had Ranger Mains come into this thread and refute this topic. Because i need to hear some sort of perspective. I need to understand if their range is truly beyond 1500. Any one have any REAL insight on ranger LB actual range?

<-----S H A D O W F A L L

• ranger main since release, and you know me lol

ALL arcing projectiles extend 300 range past the tooltip. Rangers can shoot up to 1800 so the 15% range increase the devs talked about isn't accurate. This range increases even further on an elevation, up to 170 more.

This also applies to ranger's longbow as Hunter's Shot and Point Blank Shot, because they do not arc, only hit for the range in the tooltip. The autos and rapid fire extend past the range because they are arcing projectiles.

You can test this on a thief's dagger 4. It is arcing, thus extends past the range in the tooltip.

extremely
so

Alpha

so
old its not even funny.

prove
ALPHA TESTING

ha. ha.
who wins out in the end?

stay

in game.

The devs have been wrong or gone back on their word in the past. Sorry they didn't get the wording quite right but this isn't even an issue specific to rifle. The fact is, arcing projectiles have extra range. Non-arcing projectiles don't. That's just the way the game is. You are literally arguing semantics. Anet designed arcing projectiles to have extra range because they would get obstructed on even terrain. This stuff was hashed out YEARS ago... I don't know why you are bringing a really old topic back, nor why you are so adamant on dev posts. I'm not making all of this information up, nor is it new information. You could ask any experienced player why some ranged weapons have longer range and they'll tell you its because the projectiles have an arc. It is not a bug, it is purposely designed so that projectiles actually hit their targets instead of some obstructed wall bug that was an issue near release.

If this was a rifle specific bug, then why does EVERY arcing projectile in the game extend past the tooltip range, while every straight shot does not?

Look at ranger's longbow for example. The autos hit for 1800 range because they arc. Point Blank Shot only hits up to 1200 range because it doesn't arc.

Ask for ALL projectiles to get a 15% range buff if that's what you're really looking for. Instead, you just want rifle to get the increased range. Buff ranger longbow while you're at it.

Show me how I’m arguing semantics, literally what a Dev Stated and you can’t post anything to contradict it, also that same post talks about the Range on Spatial Surge(no Arc) asking why it hits beyond its its specified range, and here was Tyler Chapman’s response to that is “21. Globally intended. Buffer range.” oh funny right? Show your proof you are just mad that I am posting actual Dev quotes with substance more than you have posted unlike your so far baseless claims.

Oh funny In your words “Point Blank Shot only hits up to 1200 range because it doesn't arc.” go check AikijinX’ Video. check that point blank shot is outside 1500 Range and hits the Elevated Thief all the while the Deadeye Rifle skill get out of range, so what’s that about the arc of the projectile? The more you know.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:What would be nice is if we had Ranger Mains come into this thread and refute this topic. Because i need to hear some sort of perspective. I need to understand if their range is truly beyond 1500. Any one have any REAL insight on ranger LB actual range?

ALL
arcing projectiles extend 300 range past the tooltip. Rangers can shoot up to 1800 so the 15% range increase the devs talked about isn't accurate. This range increases even further on an elevation, up to 170 more.

This also applies to ranger's longbow as Hunter's Shot and Point Blank Shot, because they do not arc, only hit for the range in the tooltip. The autos and rapid fire extend past the range because they are arcing projectiles.

You can test this on a thief's dagger 4. It is arcing, thus extends past the range in the tooltip.

Again go look at the linked video, Point Blank shot hits outside the 1500 Range.....

Here’s the link if you can’t find it, to make it easier it’s at 1:02 just watch...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU/view

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:What would be nice is if we had Ranger Mains come into this thread and refute this topic. Because i need to hear some sort of perspective. I need to understand if their range is truly beyond 1500. Any one have any REAL insight on ranger LB actual range?

ALL
arcing projectiles extend 300 range past the tooltip. Rangers can shoot up to 1800 so the 15% range increase the devs talked about isn't accurate. This range increases even further on an elevation, up to 170 more.

Again go look at the linked video, Point Blank shot hits outside the 1500 Range.....

Here’s the link if you can’t find it, to make it easier it’s at 1:02 just watch...

Hm. I didn't know that. It certainly doesn't reach the range the first 3 skills do though.

Happy New Years btw.

The discrepancy is definitely caused by the arcing projectiles though. The reason I know this is because I have mained a ranger since release so I've got a lot of experience with all the problems plaguing projectiles. Like rapid fire used to be able to be completely avoided at medium to max range just by spamming the strafe keys back and forth. The arcing projectiles used to cause an obstruction issue as well, so they increased the range slightly to allow the falloff to hit.

Anyways, if they change the other ranged skills, I honestly wouldn't mind. I was just trying to say that the extra range is due to arcing. It's not a bug though, it was definitely intended. Although I can't find the dev post, the reason why everyone is saying its because of the projectiles arc is because a dev had stated that in the past. Whether it was on reddit, the forums, or some other source, I'm not certain.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

ALL

Hm. I didn't know that. It certainly doesn't reach the range the first 3 skills do though.

Happy New Years btw.

The discrepancy is definitely caused by the arcing projectiles though. The reason I know this is because I have mained a ranger since release so I've got a lot of experience with all the problems plaguing projectiles. Like rapid fire used to be able to be completely avoided at medium to max range just by spamming the strafe keys back and forth. The arcing projectiles used to cause an obstruction issue as well, so they increased the range slightly to allow the falloff to hit.

Anyways, if they change the other ranged skills, I honestly wouldn't mind. I was just trying to say that the extra range is due to arcing. It's not a bug though, it was definitely intended. Although I can't find the dev post, the reason why everyone is saying its because of the projectiles arc is because a dev had stated that in the past. Whether it was on reddit, the forums, or some other source, I'm not certain.

Happy New Year to you as well!

The added range is the on Point Blank Shot is the buffer. Now if Arcing projectiles have an increased range over that Buffer that is fine but Rifle is still missing it’s 15% Range Buffer especially if a 1200 Range skill is hitting further than a 1500 Range skill as proven by the video, fyi I was the Ranger in that video of AikijinX and I, we did this over different elevations on both ends, on flat ground etc, to document that Thief Rifle is missing the Range Buffer that is supposed to be afforded to all Skills.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

ALL

Happy New Years btw.

Happy New Year to you as well!

The added range is the on Point Blank Shot is the buffer. Now if Arcing projectiles have an increased range over that Buffer that is fine but Rifle is still missing it’s 15% Range Buffer especially if a 1200 Range skill is hitting further than a 1500 Range skill as proven by the video, fyi I was the Ranger in that video of AikijinX and I, we did this over different elevations on both ends, on flat ground etc, to document that Thief Rifle is missing the Range Buffer that is supposed to be afforded to all Skills.

Ahh yes, I did forget to give you credit! Thank you Blaq for helping me test the range discrepancies :) He was the ranger in the film.

@Turk.5460 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:What I would settle for is a 15% Damage buff to Rifle, Since the 15% range buff wasn't extended to Linear Shooting Projectiles. That's my Happy Medium.

Noooooooooooooo. Not in competitive! Think of the nerfs that will follow!

There needs to be some sort of compensation that rifle gets if there is no added 15% buffer for us. As it is, it's not balanced, and has not been balanced for a long time.

@AikijinX.6258 said:

@AikijinX.6258 said:What I would settle for is a 15% Damage buff to Rifle, Since the 15% range buff wasn't extended to Linear Shooting Projectiles. That's my Happy Medium.

Noooooooooooooo. Not in competitive! Think of the nerfs that will follow!

There needs to be some sort of compensation that rifle gets if there is no added 15% buffer for us. As it is, it's not balanced, and has not been balanced for a long time.

I'd rather just Ranger LB lose the "buffer." (It seems to get far further than the stated buffer anyway). No profession should be able to hit hard from that far away. The only Rangers that would suffer from that type of change/fix would be trolls anyway.

@godmoney.6025 said:Pffshht... I get the OP's problem - stuff isn't adding up, but I think I have the perfect solution...

I think every range weapon should have 3000 range, (Yes 3000!) but the accuracy should drastically decrease depending on the shooter's distance from the target.i.e. 5% chance to hit from 3000 range, 10% from 2800, and so on, up and to 80% @ 1200 range and 100% at 900 range or lower.Even warriors should be able to throw axes @ 3000 range, but they should miss all the time.

There we go.

inb4 mw2 cross map throwing knife in gw2

@nortask.8351 said:

@godmoney.6025 said:Pffshht... I get the OP's problem - stuff isn't adding up, but I think I have the perfect solution...

I think every range weapon should have 3000 range, (Yes 3000!) but the accuracy should drastically decrease depending on the shooter's distance from the target.i.e. 5% chance to hit from 3000 range, 10% from 2800, and so on, up and to 80% @ 1200 range and 100% at 900 range or lower.Even warriors should be able to throw axes @ 3000 range, but they should miss all the time.

There we go.

@Jinks.2057 said:

There we go.

You know damn well Imma be huckin dagger 4s at 1% accuracy

• 2 weeks later...

Archived