Thief 1500 Rifle range, and Ranger "1500" LB range (Video Evidence Now Included)

AikijinX.6258

@Swagger.1459 said:

Prime examples: (1:16), (1:44), (2:22) and much more.

Anet this is absurd. Allow a range buffer for all weapon sets equally, or change tool tip to disallow confusion.

1500 Range is 1500 Range, and giving range buffer's to some but not all 1500 range weapons, does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation.

Your "prime examples" do not show a range, so all you are doing is assume the range.

Also, sure, lets fix this 1500 range stuff ... but I challenge you to be so passionate about the stealth tracking bug you discovered (and use) with deadeye marks, because "does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation.". Or should I just tell you, like you told me?

@Swagger.1459 said:Interesting... have you reported this tracking bug?

Unless said otherwise by anet ill take it as is.

Edit- Maybe the range on deadeye rifle is intended due to the amount of damage it puts out? Maybe?

Again Devs have Stated All Attacks Ranged and Melee have a 15% Buffer no if or buts Stated, they specifically stated ALL(link to the definition of All https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all), so if certain skills are lacking this they need to be adjusted to include the Buffer since their intent by Dev statements on previous questions on the range of skills demoted them saying All attacks melee and ranged have a 15% Buffer.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Swagger.1459 said:

Anet this is absurd. Allow a range buffer for all weapon sets equally, or change tool tip to disallow confusion.

1500 Range is 1500 Range, and giving range buffer's to some but not all 1500 range weapons, does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation.

Your "prime examples" do not show a range, so all you are doing is assume the range.

Also, sure, lets fix this 1500 range stuff ... but I challenge you to be so passionate about the stealth tracking bug you discovered (and use) with deadeye marks, because "does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation.". Or should I just tell you, like you told me?

Edit- Maybe the range on deadeye rifle is intended due to the amount of damage it puts out? Maybe?

Since you want to quote me, and not fact check for yourself I'll do it for you.

Skills

Deadeye Stolen Skills: These skills can now be used while jumping or during skills that jump into the air. Fixed a bug that allowed stolen skills to be wasted by casting them on targets other than your mark. Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target.

As said in (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017#latest)

And my "Prime examples" are literally common sense. If you look at the range at the video time stamps I gave out, It's OBVIOUS that the person doing this is clearly out of 1500 range.

And Death's Judgement is easily telegraphed and can be countered or mitigated, Rifle damage as you said in general however is strong atm. But no reason to deny it the 15% added range buffer that other range weapons and melee weapons already have been granted.

@AikijinX.6258 said:

Skills

Deadeye Stolen Skills: These skills can now be used while jumping or during skills that jump into the air. Fixed a bug that allowed stolen skills to be wasted by casting them on targets other than your mark.
Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target.

As said in (
)

And my "Prime examples" are literally common sense. If you look at the range at the video time stamps I gave out, It's OBVIOUS that the person doing this is clearly out of 1500 range.

And Death's Judgement is easily telegraphed and can be countered or mitigated, Rifle damage as you said in general however is strong atm. But no reason to deny it the 15% added range buffer that other range weapons and melee weapons already have been granted.

“Bassi venom is very beneficial, because if you fighting thieves and you mark them as they go into stealth. Press your f2, and it automatically tracks the thief even in stealth, so they get stunned by bassi and i didn't even need to see them, as well as stunned from y trait "unforgiving." Bassi really is effective, because "Be Quick or be dead" gives me the ability to down HP in the short amount of stun time”

“Yeah brotha, F2 tracks in stealth ^_^. I usually like to save my bassi venom for when my enemy stealths. I proc Bassi venom, and then F2. They're Petrified, and more than likely run out of their stealth by then, and then I burst em.”

but the response from you is... "Unless said otherwise by anet ill take it as is." , despite the fact you feel the 1500 range stuff is " does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation.".

@Swagger.1459 said:

Skills

Deadeye Stolen Skills: These skills can now be used while jumping or during skills that jump into the air. Fixed a bug that allowed stolen skills to be wasted by casting them on targets other than your mark.
Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target.

As said in (
)

“Bassi venom is very beneficial, because if you fighting thieves and you mark them as they go into stealth. Press your f2, and it automatically tracks the thief even in stealth, so they get stunned by bassi and i didn't even need to see them, as well as stunned from y trait "unforgiving." Bassi really is effective, because "Be Quick or be dead" gives me the ability to down HP in the short amount of stun time”

“Yeah brotha, F2 tracks in stealth ^_^. I usually like to save my bassi venom for when my enemy stealths. I proc Bassi venom, and then F2. They're Petrified, and more than likely run out of their stealth by then, and then I burst em.”

but the response from you is... "Unless said otherwise by anet ill take it as is." , despite the fact you feel the 1500 range stuff is " does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation."

It’s stated in the Patch notes that it’s intended that F2 skills always hit the Marked Target..... not a bug he provided the direct quote and link. Now when a class doesn’t have somethig Devs have stated all attacks are supposed to have ie 15% Range Buffer that’s a bug and needs to be corrected. Again this thread is about the Range Buffer discrepancy not a perfectly working as intended interaction of the DE F2 and Marked Targets please ty to stay on topic.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

Skills

As said in (
)

but the response from you is... "Unless said otherwise by anet ill take it as is." , despite the fact you feel the 1500 range stuff is " does not allow for equal opportunity and falls in line with unfair advantages and I would go as far as to say exploitation."

It’s stated in the Patch notes that it’s intended that F2 skills always hit the Marked Target..... not a bug he provided the direct quote and link. Now when a class doesn’t have somethig Devs have stated all attacks are supposed to have ie 15% Range Buffer that’s a bug and needs to be corrected. Again this thread is about the Range Buffer discrepancy not a perfectly working as intended interaction of the DE F2 and Marked Targets please ty to stay on topic.

Point to where is says that it was intended to track a target in stealth, so you can stun a player in stealth with "bassi and I didn't need to see em"?

So I'll just go ahead and say that... unless said otherwise by anet, I'll take the 1500 range on rifle as is, considering we can hit for up to 50k. Pretty good trade off compared to ranger 1500 range.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Skills

As said in (
)

Point to where is says that it was intended to track a target in stealth, so you can stun a player in stealth with "bassi and I didn't need to see em"?

So I'll just go ahead and say that... unless said otherwise by anet, I'll take the 1500 range on rifle as is, considering we can hit for up to 50k. Pretty good trade off compared to ranger 1500 range.

Look at the part that clearly states Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target. what does that say? Oh even if it’s not your current target meaning the Marked player doesn’t need to be targeted. wow.... and again the Devs Stated All Attacks are to have a 15% Range Buffer not some, not most but All(here’s the definition of All again seems it’s needed,https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all) and again this topic is about the bug and range discrepancy of Deadeye Rifle lacking the 15% Range Buffer All Attacks are supposed to have, not on a perfectly functioning skill, so please stay on topic.

One more time because I think it’s needed,

Before Stolen skills could only be cast on target, we heard about how broken it was that we could mark one target and use Malice stack and Mark skill to damage another target, which was one of the main complaints in the Death's Judge threads. Problem solved. Range problem not solved.

@Swagger.1459 said:

Skills

As said in (
)

I wont entertain this off topic, topic any further, but will indulge you 1 last time because either you literally didn't read what I provided and disregarded it, or you misinterpreted the Quote. which can be (an honest mistake).But as stated by ANET: " Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target"

Ways to drop target:

Manually switching targets via Mouse clickChange Target via Tab TargettingTurn Around from target and run the opposite directionGo Out Of Range of TargetTaunt TargetAnd Lastly. STEALTH. Yes Stealth. Instantly Drops Target

But as stated by anet above, I will reiterate:"Stolen skills will now always be cast on your mark even if your mark is not your current target"

So yes even if one stealth's. The stealth tracking mechanism was intended, as stated by Arenanet.

I hope that helped

I'm sorry, anyone who things a longbow fires further than a sniper rifle is an idiot. Seriously, go try it in the real world where real physics exist and see how fast a bullet from a sniper rifle arrives at its target vs. any kind of bow. There isn't even a comparison. In fact, if you want to shoot a longbow a great distance the arc needs to be so huge that the arrival time would be a joke compared to what it is in game.

@"AikijinX.6258" said:Ranger Long Bow Vs. Deadeye Rifle Range Testshttps://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y3PV577bSxRL_lw-Wxq41_3EbtTK87IU

From reddit 3 years ago. Dev comment is not able to be located...

“You prompted me to take a closer look. I can't find the Dev post that explained it, but essentially all arcing projectiles have a longer valid range than listed, in the sense that the projectile will hit instead of an Out Of Range error.

The projectile actually travels father than 1500 even if you're standing at 1500, due to the arc. If the projectile was only valid for 1500 (or with a slight increase to account for the arc when your target is at the same altitude), there would be instances where a target within range would nonetheless result in an Out Of Range error.It's not so much a bug (as in an unintended error in the code), as a deliberate mechanic to accommodate the physics of the projectile, which results in a beneficial effect. It's been around since Beta, people are very aware of it, and ANet has given no indication that they intend to change it.”

Apparently this has been a topic since before launch, unlike the unintended Deadeye stealth tracking bug.

Edit- And another description...

@shadowpass.4236 said:

if you guys can take a look at the placement of this ranger player, hes clearly farther away on my end (look at my kneel as its in the red) but this guy can hit me all day everyday with a 1200 ranged weapon...he can also before i recorded hit people at the gate far far left of his little tower and was taking us out due to the arrow not fading into nothingness. At least update the tooltip for rangers to say "can arch down to hit targets at 1800 range"

why cant deadeyes hit them? its a friggin bullet?!

Projectiles that arc gain an extra 300 range. The devs have already stated this numerous times YEARS ago. Rifle and pistol skills, due to the projectile travelling in a straight line, hit the range limit exactly as given in the tooltip.

Offhand dagger 4 on a thief can hit upwards of 2000 range in the right circumstances.

@Alatar.7364 said:Well it's skill range is 1 500, not 1 200.But anyway it is a well known fact that Rangers shots/projectiles go a lot (a lot) beyond their Max Range while still tracking target. I should not even mention how these shots will also follow you in to stealth and even follow your movement after you have been stealthed for a long period of time.

we need more examples other than my video if willing to do some testing. just unfair

It has been tested to death in the first year GW2 came out. There's no need to beat the
extremely
dead horse some more. This range topic died out
so
long ago its not even funny.

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"AikijinX.6258" said:Ranger Long Bow Vs. Deadeye Rifle Range Tests

“You prompted me to take a closer look. I can't find the Dev post that explained it, but essentially all arcing projectiles have a longer valid range than listed, in the sense that the projectile will hit instead of an Out Of Range error.

The projectile actually travels father than 1500 even if you're standing at 1500, due to the arc. If the projectile was only valid for 1500 (or with a slight increase to account for the arc when your target is at the same altitude), there would be instances where a target within range would nonetheless result in an Out Of Range error.It's not so much a bug (as in an unintended error in the code), as a deliberate mechanic to accommodate the physics of the projectile, which results in a beneficial effect. It's been around since Beta, people are very aware of it, and ANet has given no indication that they intend to change it.”

Apparently this has been a topic since before launch, unlike the unintended Deadeye stealth tracking bug.

if you guys can take a look at the placement of this ranger player, hes clearly farther away on my end (look at my kneel as its in the red) but this guy can hit me all day everyday with a 1200 ranged weapon...he can also before i recorded hit people at the gate far far left of his little tower and was taking us out due to the arrow not fading into nothingness. At least update the tooltip for rangers to say "can arch down to hit targets at 1800 range"

Projectiles that arc gain an extra 300 range. The devs have already stated this numerous times YEARS ago. Rifle and pistol skills, due to the projectile travelling in a straight line, hit the range limit exactly as given in the tooltip.

Offhand dagger 4 on a thief can hit upwards of 2000 range in the right circumstances.

@"Alatar.7364" said:Well it's skill range is 1 500, not 1 200.But anyway it is a well known fact that Rangers shots/projectiles go a lot (a lot) beyond their Max Range while still tracking target. I should not even mention how these shots will also follow you in to stealth and even follow your movement after you have been stealthed for a long period of time.

we need more examples other than my video if willing to do some testing. just unfair

It has been tested to death in the first year GW2 came out. There's no need to beat the
extremely
so

Funny you can’t find a Dev post to back up your claim but I can find a Dev post from 3 years ago s staying all Skills Ranged and Melee have a 15% Range Buffer which is clearly lacking on Rifle skills.

Also here’s the definition of All again https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/all

Also quit trying to go off topic to say something is a bug when the Patch notes even state that it is intended

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@"Alatar.7364" said:Well it's skill range is 1 500, not 1 200.But anyway it is a well known fact that Rangers shots/projectiles go a lot (a lot) beyond their Max Range while still tracking target. I should not even mention how these shots will also follow you in to stealth and even follow your movement after you have been stealthed for a long period of time.

extremely
so

Funny you can’t find a Dev post to back up your claim but I can find a Dev post from 3 years ago s staying all Skills Ranged and Melee have a 15% Range Buffer which is clearly lacking on Rifle skills.

Also here’s the definition of All again

Also quit trying to go off topic to say something is a bug when the Patch notes even state that it is intended

If this range buffer affects everything except rifle as you say, why do I have a longer range with shortbow than with pistol on thief?Example:

Or is something else the cause there?

@Turamarth.3248 said:

extremely
so

If this range buffer affects everything except rifle as you say, why do I have a longer range with shortbow than with pistol on thief?Example:

Again Tyler Chapman Stated “All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Now in that statement does it say some or most or only bows? No no it doesn’t

So if other skills are having range issues bring it up, but I do know a lot of times Shortbow will not even go it’s intended 900 plus Buffer since it’s projectile path on aa.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

extremely
so

Again Tyler Chapman Stated “All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.” Now in that statement does it say some or most or only bows? No no it doesn’t

So if other skills are having range issues bring it up, but I do know a lot of times Shortbow will not even go it’s intended 900 plus Buffer since it’s projectile path on aa.

This issue was literally tested in Alpha on a target with a huge hitbox. They stated that the range of 1800 is on flat ground and can go up to 1970 on raised/lowered ground. The distance was calculated between the arrow and the center of the hitbox which adds that 170 range.

Also, it is fairly obvious by now that Anet does not state every single functionality for every single part of the game. But, general consensus is that arcing projectiles (fired by bows), will travel a greater range than straight projectiles (fired from guns).

The devs already know about this. This topic is seriously so old its not even funny.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

extremely
so

This issue was literally tested in
Alpha
on a target with a huge hitbox. They stated that the range of 1800 is on flat ground and can go up to 1970 on raised/lowered ground. The distance was calculated between the arrow and the center of the hitbox which adds that 170 range.

The devs already know about this. This topic is seriously
so
old its not even funny.

Quote the Dev that stated it, I already provided Anet Dev Tyler Chapman’s statement on all ranged and melee skills having this 15% Buffer you have yet to post any Dev quote stating only Bows get this because of “Arc”. If a Dev Stated show us the quote. Because I have a statement that says All Skills.

I know some people will be mad that Skills would be on an actual fair playing field and they lose the advantage.

extremely
so

Alpha
on a target with a huge hitbox. They stated that the range of 1800 is on flat ground and can go up to 1970 on raised/lowered ground. The distance was calculated between the arrow and the center of the hitbox which adds that 170 range.

so
old its not even funny.

Quote the Dev that stated it, I already provided Anet Dev Tyler Chapman’s statement on all ranged and melee skills having this 15% Buffer you have yet to post any Dev quote stating only Bows get this because of “Arc”. If a Dev Stated show us the quote. Because I have a statement that says All Skills.

I know some people will be mad that Skills would be on an actual fair playing field and they lose the advantage.

You're the one that's mad that bows shoot farther than guns lol

I don't need to quote the dev that stated it. In fact, I don't think I can. The old forums housed TONS of these discussions. Many of these garnering dev responses. Those forums closed down and the information was lost. However, anyone can prove to you that bows shoot farther. There's no reason to quote a dev here. The fact of the matter is, all of this information came from ALPHA TESTING for the game. Meaning, the devs tested this stuff waaaaay before the game was actually released. They know about it, they've addressed it.

If you want rifles and guns to shoot farther, make a thread about it. But I doubt you'd get a positive response...

Also, this "advantage" you're talking about is negligent as the 300 range is pretty much a single auto attack if someone is moving towards you.

extremely
so

Alpha

so
old its not even funny.

I don't need to quote the dev that stated it. The devs haven't stated a lot of things. However, anyone can
prove
to you that bows shoot farther. There's no reason to quote a dev here. The fact of the matter is, all of this information came from
ALPHA TESTING
for the game. Meaning, the devs tested this stuff waaaaay before the game was actually released. They know about it, they've addressed it.

If you want rifles and guns to shoot farther, make a thread about it. But I doubt you'd get a positive response...

Also, this "advantage" you're talking about is negligent as the 300 range is pretty much a single auto attack if someone is moving towards you.

Can’t provide statements from Devs backing up your claims? Has well I have provided one that backs up my claims, funny how that works right?

Oh really Deadeye Rifle 1500 Range was tested during Alpha against 1500 Ranger longbow Range? Tell how well that went. Lulz

This thread is about getting Rifle it’s 15% Range Buffer that’s missing, Deadeye Rifle stops exactly at 1500 Range doesn’t go a cm further we are asking for the bug of the missing 15% be fixed. #ReadingComprehension

Sounds like you are scared to lose your large advantage against other 1500 Range Weapons.

extremely
so

Alpha

so
old its not even funny.

I don't need to quote the dev that stated it. The devs haven't stated a lot of things. However, anyone can
prove
to you that bows shoot farther. There's no reason to quote a dev here. The fact of the matter is, all of this information came from
ALPHA TESTING
for the game. Meaning, the devs tested this stuff waaaaay before the game was actually released. They know about it, they've addressed it.

Can’t provide statements from Devs backing up your claims? Has well I have provided one that backs up my claims, funny how that works right?

Oh really Deadeye Rifle 1500 Range was tested during Alpha against 1500 Ranger longbow Range? Tell how well that went. Lulz

This thread is about getting Rifle it’s 15% Range Buffer that’s missing, Deadeye Rifle stops exactly at 1500 Range doesn’t go a cm further we are asking for the bug of the missing 15% be fixed. #ReadingComprehension

Sounds like you are scared to lose your large advantage against other 1500 Range Weapons.

They were literally deleted by the dev team with the removal of the old forums.

You can laugh all you want, but bows have extra range due to arcing projectiles and guns don't. So ha. ha. who wins out in the end?

It's too bad you're scared that I have a large advantage against other 1500 range weapons. It's also too bad that it is going to stay like that. :')

For the record, you're literally arguing semantics when the proof is right there in game. Your crying isn't going to get extra range added onto guns. Nor will it get the range removed on bows. It works like that because arcing projectiles caused many pathing issues with terrain. That's why the extra range is there. If you want guns to have arcing projectiles too, they might look incredibly stupid and unrealistic, but hey. At least you'd get what you want.

Also, I'm not sure if you're completely new and extremely inexperienced, but deadeyes didn't exist in Alpha. LOL

extremely
so

Alpha

so
old its not even funny.

prove
ALPHA TESTING

They were literally deleted by the dev team with the removal of the old forums.

You can laugh all you want, but bows have extra range due to arcing projectiles and guns don't. So
ha. ha.
who wins out in the end?

It's too bad you're scared that I have a large advantage against other 1500 range weapons. It's also too bad that it is going to
stay
like that. :')

For the record, you're literally arguing semantics when the proof is right there in game. Your crying isn't going to get extra range added onto guns. Nor will it get the range removed on bows. It works like that because arcing projectiles caused many pathing issues with terrain. That's why the extra range is there. If you want guns to have arcing projectiles too, they might look incredibly stupid and unrealistic, but hey. At least you'd get what you want.

Funny I can find Dev posts backing up my claim all day everyday from the Old Forums, again back up your claim while I have a Dev staging all skills are supposed to have a Range Buffer.

Nope, I don’t play Deadeye or anything that uses long range Projectile #PowerShiroproblems, sounds like you are scared to go against more classes that would be on a more even footing range wise.

Nope never said remove Ranger Longbow Rane, if you read any of my post or AikijinX’ you would see they add the Range Buffer that is missing on Rifle #ReadingComprehension.

Again I think this needs to be said one more time (or more for some people) No one said to remove Range from Ranger longbow.

Back up your claims by Arcing Projectile with Dev post stating as such again you are making claims and excuses without backing them up, sounds like reaching to me.

Archived