Woad Armor

1 hour ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

people are mad that it's straight up stealing the PvE expansion content that they paid for all so it can have it's population artificially inflated. 

Nothing was stolen and people paid also for the new WvW reward track. 
The Woad armor is obviously not part of the PvE content, otherwise it would be obtainable in PvE. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, Sweetbread.3678 said:

People aren't mad that WvW got exclusive content that was designed explicitly for WvW like it's weapon sets or leggy armor, people are mad that it's straight up stealing the PvE expansion content that they paid for all so it can have it's population artificially inflated. 

What are you even talking abotu here? It's ridiculous to claim getting rewards from gamemodes outside of ow pve is somehow "not part of expansion", "not what is paid for" and now straight up pretending "it steals from pve". Do you actually not understand what "game expansion" is? Or are you (and that other person who already tried doing it in this thread) intentionally trying to turn it into "pve expansion" to get whatever you want and however you want? 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3

I don’t hate the idea of it being WvW exclusive, but what if the currency to obtain it was ONLY memories of battle and some other easily obtainable currency instead of badges? Would it defeat the purpose to use memories of battle, but a huge amount so people could buy it still but it would be expensive? Maybe help those be worth more?

Edited by mandrew.6732
Realized it was included already
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

As a WvW main...18 tracks is ridiculous and we don't even get a spear for completing the collection unlike the PvE set xD

About it being WvW exclusive: WvW doesn't even require you to do PvP - just keep participation up, tag stuff, you'll get there. Seriously, just get over it. 99% of content is available in open world/PvE (heck, you can even play WvW as PvE only), stop complaining about 'having to' WvW for the new set - you don't have to! Getting the set isn't required for anything. I can sortof get people complaining about Gift of Battle since you need it for leggies but an armor set skin? Nah.

To the people constantly complaining how WvW 'only caters to 1% of players' and that's why there shouldn't be anything locked behind WvW: That 1% of players now has exclusive access to 1% of armor skins. ONE SET! Get over it.

Edited by Firefly.5982
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

22 hours ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

my point is that if a thing is marketed with a product, then it's to be expected to be part of the product

1. the armor set was marketed as WvW-exclusive. You knew what you bought.

2. You still got that thing, it was added to the game with the product you bought, you just don't want to go and get it. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, latlat.4516 said:

2. You still got that thing, it was added to the game with the product you bought, you just don't want to go and get it. 

Why did you quote me, quoting someone, implying their words were mine?!

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

Why did you quote me, quoting someone, implying their words were mine?!

He probably highlighted and clicked "quote selection" from what you quoted in your post and the forum recognizes it as part of your post.

Quick test:

12 minutes ago, Solomon Darkfury.3729 said:

...yup.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

WvW isn't.

Then PvE isn't either. There is expansion content in both. If the expansion specific content in WvW doesn't count then neither would PvE expansion specific content. If I want rewards tied to a given JW meta I need to play the meta. I can't decide that I only want to wander around the OW taking screenshot and declare that I should get the meta rewards because I am playing the content.

• Like 5
  • Confused 3

Hey lets get all the raids skins in wvw. Why not? I want that legendary pve armor skin too! lets normalize everything! you can get anything from any mode! everyone doing this right every mmorpg out there doing it right? no more exclusives! yay!

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Sandrox.9524 said:

Hey lets get all the raids skins in wvw. Why not? I want that legendary pve armor skin too! lets normalize everything! you can get anything from any mode! everyone doing this right every mmorpg out there doing it right? no more exclusives! yay!

KITTEN YEAH

I want to see Falling Star crash into SMC!

9 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What are you even talking abotu here? It's ridiculous to claim getting rewards from gamemodes outside of ow pve is somehow "not part of expansion", "not what is paid for" and now straight up pretending "it steals from pve". Do you actually not understand what "game expansion" is? Or are you (and that other person who already tried doing it in this thread) intentionally trying to turn it into "pve expansion" to get whatever you want and however you want? 🤦‍♂️ 

It's a PvE expansion, not a WvW update.

• Like 3
  • Confused 15

1 minute ago, Zoid.2568 said:

No, it's an expansion for a gw2 game. Any "it's pve!!!!" is made up by you (and like two other peeople in this thread I already responded to).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

9 minutes ago, Zoid.2568 said:

no it a GW2 expansion.

and gw2 includes open world, instance, spvp and wvw.

so stop whining, if you played instead of whining you could have had a set of it by now.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Cameirus.8407 said:

no it a GW2 expansion.

and gw2 includes open world, instance, spvp and wvw.

so stop whining, if you played instead of whining you could have had a set of it by now.

No it's 18 pieces. I play PvP but hate WvW, I have unlocked 4 pieces in 3 days. It's really a grind. In PvE it would be faster.

• Like 3
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Zoid.2568 said:

Woad should be obtainable in PvE as Janthir Wilds is a PvE expansion. If ArenaNet release a WvW update and they make exclusives for WvW in that update I wouldn't care.

That is just an absurd statement, to the extent that I'm starting to wonder if you are deliberately trolling.

You don't think Anet want WvW and PvP players to buy Janthir Wilds? I assure you, they do.

You can use spears, one of the big selling points of Janthir Wilds, in WvW and PvP. You can even unlock them in WvW and PvP without doing any PvE at all.

• Like 7
  • Confused 3

9 hours ago, Sandrox.9524 said:

Honestly, i wouldn't care. If any WvW player honestly want this, i'd probably support the motion - especially seeing as WvW has no legendary skin of their own. And i do have a full Envoy set, if you're wondering.

(hint: if you are trying to counter someone asking for less exclusivity by using "let's have less exclusivity" argument, it's not likely to work as well as you thought it would.)

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

16 hours ago, mandrew.6732 said:

ONLY memories of battle and some other easily obtainable currency instead of badges

Just so you know, badge of honor is the most easily obtainable currency in the entire mode. Other than that you can't buy it on on TP,  you do have to set foot in wvw. 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Honestly, i wouldn't care. If any WvW player honestly want this, i'd probably support the motion - especially seeing as WvW has no legendary skin of their own. And i do have a full Envoy set, if you're wondering.

I would. 
Making everything available everywhere is a stupid thing and doesn’t work. It would hurt the game. 

And I do have a full Envoy set and two legendary WvW sets, if you’re wondering. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I been thinking about some of the ideas in this thread and I find myself perplexed by some of the opinions.

Of all the updates, at least since HoT, Janthir Wilds is the one most closely tied to WvW. Because warclaw. 

Anet mentioned that Warclaw needed an update. Then they build an entire PvE expansion around this previously WvW-based mount. They brought new abilities into PvP as well as into WvW, so everyone could enjoy new abilities and a new way to get warclaw, whether getting the warclaw in PvE or whether getting it in WvW without needing to finish a reward track on foot. (If you already got it on foot, you got some skirmish tickets and whatnot)

The entire map (of everything we have access to so far) and some of the boss mechanics are built around what warclaw can do (previous albeit modified abilities like chain pull and sniff + new abilities like the air jump). 

Is it so weird they also decided to bring some of the flavor of Janthir into WvW with the Woad armor? No, it's not weird at all. Given the link between the Janthir update and the WvW update, and given the relative scarcity of new things designed for WvW, it makes perfect sense.

Edited by willow.8209
typo
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

As a PvE player, I find WvW fun. It's a nice change of pace. PvE players shouldn't be scared of this gametype so much, and dive into it with a good commander at the helm. This crying about armour skins and the Gift of Battle is getting really old now. With all boosts on you will be flying through the reward track anyway. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1