Woad Armor

4 hours ago, DragonNero.4259 said:

PvE players are always getting new maps to play in and the best ways to make gold your point is? Life isn't fair. How often do SPvP players get updates on rewards? Before anets renewed interest in WvW the PvP scene got next to nothing in terms of new content while PvE was getting this that and more. If we wana talk fairness anets gotta put PvE on hold for a few years while SPvP and WvW get some much needed updates in terms of new content.

Of course PvE gets storyline, new maps, most content because its a MMO, not a PVP game only.

If they did that, then the game itself will loose it's biggest playerbase, which is mainly PvE, and the game will die out because of people like you.

Now who's gonna play a game that no longer is up and alive? You surely cannot since pvp and wvw is no more. 

Jesus... these pvpers are crying more than ever.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I find it absolutely absurd that armors skins, Woad armor, which are feature heavily in Janthir's storyline Lowland Kodans in PvE is not even accessible in PvE but in other modes is crazy!!

Why lock storybased armor in unwanted modes for PvE players who mainly enjoys open world and story ???? Literally make no sense.

If people wanted go play PvP or WvW, they would already without ANet locking expansion themed armor behind other modes....

I'm just speechless....

Edited by TwistedAlga.4235
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

1 hour ago, Spartam.2046 said:

It's alright, if they decide to keep it WvW exclusive, I'll just have to take up space afking as much as possible and wasting supplies. Can't let supplies at any Keep or tower be more than 10 supply. I promise to be more useless than an afk player . 😄

Good for you that dont matter anymore stuff auto upgrade no so people can just grab supplies from were ever.

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

lol this thread is the perfect representation of why I have to take long breaks from the forums in order to enjoy the game. Faux outrage and whining over the fact that you have to play the game as intended in order to get a cosmetic that has worse stats than the armor you can get literally just by logging in every day…

• Like 3
  • Confused 5

I don't mind the armor being gotten through WvW...although I think woad was a poor choice as it ties into the expansion so well.  The titanplate armor should have been in WvW and then woad armor in PvE in the expansion content.  ALSO, I think having armor pieces unlock for all armor weights would be better.  I am not a big WvW player but will go in on occasion to play and for things I need.  I think 18 times doing the reward track for the full set is just excessive. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

15 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

I'd say it's the opposite - the fair approach would be to push for less exclusivity (on both ends), not more.

Agree.

But if we are doing exclusivity, then we've been over this MANY times.  PvE people have to go into competitive for certain things like GoB, and competitive people have to slog through PvE for things like Gift of Exploration. 

As GoE is something I'm avoiding as I really, really don't want to do starter zone hearts ever again, it's like watching paint dry.  So, I'm either going to just avoid the Gen 1 leges and do HoT because that's somewhat fun metas, or just buy the leges at this point.  

But like for real, look at Raid armor and even Obsidian armor gets special looks and upgrades...the WvW armor? Nothing. Lmao.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

If it's going to be tied to reward tracks at least let us get all three kittening weights per piece like the other two sets. This just seems stupid and designed to drag out the grind. I'm no stranger to WvW ( or love ) but having to complete the track 18 times? Booooooooooo. Allowing for multiple ways to obtain items is something that this game has implemented well in the past, so it's just confusing to see them take a few steps back. Hopefully they'll communicate on this topic, or else I'm going to angrily flip camps and watch netflix until I have what I want.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

22 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

Does that mean that since PvE offers more incentives to "try it out" it is inherently more flawed than the other game modes?

Were it a pvp game, then yes it would have been flawed. But gw2 is not. Its core is pve.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

Is it confirmed by anyone the woad armor is WvW/PvP exclusive?

I would have assumed the Woad armor is obtainable in PVE after you levelled up your faction renown with the kodan enough. It is the kodans armor and where would it fit better than the renown with the lowland kodan achievement? Why would there be a faction system achievement, tokens to turn in, a mastery to increase the gain if at the end you unlock exactly nothing by increasing your renown with the kodan? Reaching max renown takes 14 days. Lets wait and be patient for a little bit longer?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, willow.8209 said:

Accurate. WvW is more time consuming for rewards, that's for sure. 

I should say, competitive modes are more time consuming for rewards, than nearly any PvE content (inclusive of raids, by my estimation). As PvP is no longer good for getting through reward tracks ever since the potions got removed for dailies and you get astrals instead. 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 2

13 hours ago, TwistedAlga.4235 said:

Of course PvE gets storyline, new maps, most content because its a MMO, not a PVP game only.

If they did that, then the game itself will loose it's biggest playerbase, which is mainly PvE, and the game will die out because of people like you.

Now who's gonna play a game that no longer is up and alive? You surely cannot since pvp and wvw is no more. 

Jesus... these pvpers are crying more than ever.

It being an MMO has nothing to do with the game getting mostly PvE content. It gets mostly PvE content cause that's what anet decided to cater their time and resources to for years. MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online not Massive Player Vs Environment.
Also the game wouldn't die out if it got more PvP/WvW content. It survived the HoT almost year long content drought. It survived the IBS content drought by throwing a free legendary amulet at people to go replay old content again. This game has also survived the tunnel it can handle not having PvE content be the priority for a bit. Just throw a new chair/mount skin or whatever gemstore items ya want the PvE scene will quit down.
The reason the WvW/PvE scenes started to die out is the lack of support anet put behind them after getting cold feet from making bad choices with those modes and instead of fixing them choosing to all but abandoning them. If you're going to cry and make statements at least make correct ones supported by facts.
The PvE doomers be grasping for anything they can use as an argument of  "Oh its going to kill the game if they do that!"

• Confused 4

Apparently there will be no other way to get the armor, because it looks like anet doesn't give two flufs about it. At least they should have the decency to STOP making skins that looks the same on all 3 armor weight.. like, why? What happened to the design team? First SotO and now JW too? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

10 hours ago, Kinurak.5307 said:

Were it a pvp game, then yes it would have been flawed. But gw2 is not. Its core is pve.

You may be surprised to learn that the devs balance for competitive first then apply that to PvE.  This has been the same method all the way back to GW1.  

For further proof, look at half the professions--they have skills with very little use in PvE or aren't really based around PvE at all (i.e. Untamed, Vindicator, most Thief types, etc.).

As for man hours, it may now be about equal as PvE is now split into three releases per 'expansion' to allow for updates to WvW (World Restructuring) and a supposed new PvP mode.  

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, DragonNero.4259 said:

It being an MMO has nothing to do with the game getting mostly PvE content. It gets mostly PvE content cause that's what anet decided to cater their time and resources to for years. MMO means Massively Multiplayer Online not Massive Player Vs Environment.
Also the game wouldn't die out if it got more PvP/WvW content. It survived the HoT almost year long content drought. It survived the IBS content drought by throwing a free legendary amulet at people to go replay old content again. This game has also survived the tunnel it can handle not having PvE content be the priority for a bit. Just throw a new chair/mount skin or whatever gemstore items ya want the PvE scene will quit down.
The reason the WvW/PvE scenes started to die out is the lack of support anet put behind them after getting cold feet from making bad choices with those modes and instead of fixing them choosing to all but abandoning them. If you're going to cry and make statements at least make correct ones supported by facts.
The PvE doomers be grasping for anything they can use as an argument of  "Oh its going to kill the game if they do that!"

Apparently you're the one who's being selfish and crying. Grow up.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

I thought I'd play WvW and get this armor while the 30% bonus was going.  Honestly, I was bored to tears and not really having fun.  It just felt like such a grind for 1 out of 18 pieces.  I didn't even make it halfway through the reward track.  Just zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I hope they change it.

Edited by Will.9785
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I think it's fine that the Woad armour is exclusive to WvW. However, getting one piece per reward track should automatically unlock all 3 weights instead of just one, so that people don't have to do the track 18 times. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Will.9785 said:

I thought I'd play WvW and get this armor while the 30% bonus was going.  Honestly, I was bored to tears and not really having fun.  It just felt like such a grind for 1 out of 18 pieces.  I didn't even make it halfway through the reward track.  Just zzzzzzzzzzzzz.  I hope they change it.

WvW these days is boring.

Try friday night, relink AND reset. That did mean something in the past.

15 hours ago, Zahark.7610 said:

At least they should have the decency to STOP making skins that looks the same on all 3 armor weight.. like, why?

Yeah, but the woad one does look differently for each weight.

18 hours ago, Therac.6431 said:

I want play wvw killing monsters in open world, give me wvw exp doing hearts /cry

Well, go turn camps and hyleks/skritt/zentaur/oger/... is the same like open world.

I once suggested that PvE would do good with reward tracks like pvp and wvw have. Play what you like and still get what you want.
Ofc that may desert certain maps.

But if certain maps are only played for reward, then it means they aren't fun.

May sort out the work maps from the fun maps.

• Confused 2