Let's say, theoretically, I wanted to refund Janthir Wilds...

21 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

You eat your meal at a restaurant then complain and want a refund too don't you

It's kind of like ordering a steak and they replace the steak with tofu one bite in but

Yknow

Go off

24 minutes ago, Brave Mallyki.1563 said:

Let me get this right. They nerfed your spear build, so now you are upset and want your money back.

Hey hey now nobody said that~

I'm just of the opinion that if content becomes less functional after you buy it refunds should be on the table 😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 30
  • Sad 2

Anet can't remove stuff as far as I know that you've unlocked. So using anything from the expansion is prob going to block a refund or cause the account to be unusable.

The only people who can answer accurately though is Anet. We can't really help with this one

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Anet can't remove stuff as far as I know that you've unlocked. So using anything from the expansion is prob going to block a refund or cause the account to be unusable.

The only people who can answer accurately though is Anet. We can't really help with this one

I see I see

Thank you for your efforts anyway!🫡

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 7

56 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Due to balance changes removing content I was paying for one balance patch in. 

Would that require my account be closed, or are there avenues for itemized removal of access?

Other than baiting for reactions, why would you ask this question here instead of opening a support ticket?

Other than being a new player -which you're not- why would you expect no balance passes on the newly released content, including the overperforming weapon/s you're probably talking about?

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Other than baiting for reactions, why would you ask this question here instead of opening a support ticket?

Other than being a new player -which you're not- why would you expect no balance passes on the newly released content, including the overperforming weapon/s you're probably talking about?

I can't really make sense of what you're getting at here, but I was just wondering if there were any experiences with returning expacks on the customer side. Content can change, and with it customer satisfaction, right? Hope that answers your question!

• Like 4
  • Confused 16
  • Sad 1

Just now, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

I can't really make sense of what you're getting at here, but I was just wondering if there were any experiences with returning expacks. Content can change, and with it customer satisfaction, right? Hope that answers your question!

What I'm getting at is that you're not a new player and balance passes on new specs/weapons are always expected to happen. You knew that before you bought the expansion too, but now you're pretending a balance pass "removes content". Not only it didn't, but it was obivous they will be toned down (spoiler alert, might not even be the last time it happens!).
As for the part about the thread itself, you can open a support ticket as easly as you created this thread except you'd get a response right from the source instead of some guesses that won't really matter for you or anyone else.

Hopefully that clarifies everything you didn't understand until now!

• Like 15
  • Thanks 6

19 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

As for the part about the thread itself, you can open a support ticket as easly as you created this thread except you'd get a response right from the source instead of some guesses that won't really matter for you or anyone else.

User experience with the same issue I'm having would be helpful in discerning what type of responses I should expect. It matters for me;  I'm sure the sentiment is not new and someone's experienced it before. 

You're absolutely right about the final say coming from Anet though 🫡

• Like 2
  • Confused 15
  • Sad 1

Shouldn't you have waited then before buying? I dunno about your experience, but for me the weapon updates in SotO were dreadful. They were overly complex and just weren't fun to use, the story also nose dived once the player arrived in Nayos. This time around I am waiting before I buy Janthir, because Spears and yet another home instance don't intrigue me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nosleepdemon.1368 said:

Buying it as soon as it becomes available is the very opposite of waiting...

It was available for purchase before then, and a beta for weapon balancing rolled out before release. It was reasonable to conclude that content would be largely set in function notwithstanding bugfixes around the time of release. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

Look at the last patch , fixed fixed fixed oh btw fixed you paid for beta testing so imho you should be able to get a refund anytime during the expansion because the entire content of this expansion will be finished in a year so naturally during this year you should be able to fully refund it since well you haven't played all the content yet 🤣

Not even technically , literally you haven't played all the content yet .

Edited by Smol.7985
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

5 minutes ago, Smol.7985 said:

Look at the last patch , fixed fixed fixed oh btw fixed you paid for beta testing so imho you should be able to get a refund anytime during the expansion because the entire content of this expansion will be finished in a year

Sure, but fixing things is largely different from functionality changes

Also I'm not expecting the expansion to grow to fit what I pay for it, I'm perfectly content to pay for what I see present already. The part I take issue with is when large portions of functionality/content present gets removed, when that functionality was much of why you purchased the expansion to begin with. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8
  • Sad 1

Just for reference, all content and all features and all additions are subject to change from launch through game life as per the T&C's of agreement we all sign up to. Nothing is set in stone and only the raw advertised features (ie warclaw exisitng, land spears existing with skills subject to change, homesteads existing with features subject to change) are something they can be held to, unless superceded by later expansions/dlc

However, you are entitled to ask for a refund, so it's prob best to just ask them and see how it works. They're generally pretty helpful even it is just a query.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sure, but fixing things is largely different from functionality changes

Also I'm not expecting the expansion to grow to fit what I pay for it, I'm perfectly content to pay for what I see present already. The part I take issue with is when large portions of functionality/content present gets removed, when that functionality was much of why you purchased the expansion to begin with. 

Yeah like i said you should be able to refund the expansion at any point in time but this will require game companies to be honest about their MVP products which will most likely not going to happen so you're kinda stuck and i didn't even buy the expansion ( just to add that i'm playing TWW right now not planning on buying JW at all but that's a whole different topic as to why etc ) . I actually learned from SotO  😂

To be clear i'm with you , you should be able to refund right now if you want to .

Edited by Smol.7985
  • Confused 11