Let's say, theoretically, I wanted to refund Janthir Wilds...

1 hour ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

User experience with the same issue I'm having would be helpful in discerning what type of responses I should expect. It matters for me;  I'm sure the sentiment is not new and someone's experienced it before. 

You're absolutely right about the final say coming from Anet though 🫡

You're saying it matters to you, but in reality... it really doesn't matter at all. And before I get a "you don't know me!" type of response, here's what I mean when I say that:
it literally doesn't matter what responses you get here, in the end you will still need to open the support ticket, ask the same question and have them respond what they can actually do with it. If someone wants to refund the product, they just... refund the product. This thread? It just looks like theatrics, but maybe it helps you blow off some steam or something 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Thanks everyone, the topic of this thread has been resolved and the thread can now be closed. 

If content is reasonable in the future I'll rejoin you all in the wilds then.  Thanks and much love.  ❤️

Best of luck , also try other games .

• Confused 4

53 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Sure. If that's unreasonable

It is unreasonable. Once again: you're not a new player, you know how balance patches work and you know they don't always involve just numerical changes (and balance patches working like that aren't limited just to this game either, it's just... normal to expect that to happen at one point or another).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Don't chargeback unless you are ready to permanently lose access to your account.

If you want a refund you should contact ArenaNet Support. I don't know if it's possible as you probably already unlocked expansion features so it may be only possible to refund you by disabling your account.

My advise: Take the financial loss and keep the account and expansion. Cry for the loss of whatever you lost in the balance / game changes. Take a break. Short or long. And perhaps come back when the game changed or when you want to give the game another try. There are no timely costs, so your account will just be waiting on you for when you feel good to play it again. Balance changes every 6 months or sometimes even sooner.

I have been in a somewhat similar situation. The previous expansion removed rune bonuses and brought them back as relics. But many never came back, including the +10% health bonus of my runeset of Divinity. There have been several threads of players complaining about these issues and all of them got ignored by ArenaNet. It felt pretty kitten but on the other hand: I like the game. I like the expansion, story, maps achievements and to me the price for the amount of hours I play is good. So I continue to play for what I like of GW2, instead of stopping for what disappoints me in GW2.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

It was available for purchase before then, and a beta for weapon balancing rolled out before release. It was reasonable to conclude that content would be largely set in function notwithstanding bugfixes around the time of release. 

Yeah but mate... You know how they are with new mechanics, they always get tuned. On the plus side Spears are better than SotO weapon additions at least, from what I heard. Hopefully they will end up in a good place for every profession eventually.

• Like 1

the OP has a point gatcha games are not allowed to release new units/characters and then after you spend money on them, they nerf them into oblivion, that calls for mass refunds which is what happens in gatcha games when they do this.  For some reason it doesn't seem to apply to mmo's (in gw2's case the new spear), and the community doesn't seem to care? Though I cant say why they don't care, to me, it seems like the same argument.

If someone wants to enlighten me as to why its different in an mmo from a gatcha game i'd love to hear it.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Like 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

I think you should do a charge back of the purchase.

You seem unhappy enough and this would at least have a positive effect on your mental state.

The added benefit would be that you could help others with this issue by letting everyone know how it went.

Do it. 👍

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3

10 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I think you should do a charge back of the purchase.

You seem unhappy enough and this would at least have a positive effect on your mental state.

The added benefit would be that you could help others with this issue by letting everyone know how it went.

Do it. 👍

I think you should keep posting unhelpful sarcastic responses like this (friendly).  THey would probably ban his account although the OP does have a point, see my post above.

• Confused 9
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I think you should keep posting unhelpful sarcastic responses like this (friendly).  THey would probably ban his account although the OP does have a point, see my post above.

You think? Would they really? 

I mean he is a long time veteran who just happens to be really angry over some balance changes to the game. An absolutely justified reason to refund a product over 1 month into the release.  Even Steam has a 2 hour no questions asked refund policy!

So I say: if it's reasonable to ask this question, then be reasonable enough to take the risk and do it.

That is unless the entire question and suggested action are not reasonable, are not made in good faith, and are essentially just attention seeking complaints.

I get that the later would suit you given you seem to be in a similar position for a while now, your addiction keeping you from taking a similar action.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You think? Would they really? 

I mean he is a long time veteran who just happens to be really angry over some balance changes to the game. An absolutely justified reason to refund a product ober 1 month into the release.  Even Steam has a 2 hour no questions asked refuns policy!.

So I say: if it's reasonable to ask this question, then be reasonable enough to take the risk and do it.

That is unless the entire question and suggested action are not reasonable, are not made in good faith, and are essentially just attention seeking complaints.

I get that the later would suit you given you are in a similar position it seems. 

I never said i wanted to refund the game, and you also didnt look at the point i made on my other post.

they would follow corporate policy for what happens when someone charges back on a credit card after they have the expansion for x period of days (which is probably account termination becuase they cant roll back the account that far) their refund policy is probably a lot less  time passing than 1 month its probably more like 2 hours if at all. 

and yes I dont think they would care about banning a veteran account.

also you're quoting the 1 month time frame only they just nerfed it today 1 month into it, so the OP was probably fine with the game up until today.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I never said i wanted to refund the game, and you also didnt look at the point i made on my other post.

Your point is comparing apples to oranges. I honestly think you'd would be happier if you refunded an expansion, or if you don't want to be so drastic, take a break.

You'd miss your daily dose of posting on the GW2 forums sure, and maybe some dailies here and there, you might even miss some of the acquaintances you have in game, but I honestly think you'd be happier without GW2 given your over 2 years of vitriol and ongoing issues with the game.

I mean it, touch some grass and actually think about improving your life.

they would follow corporate policy for what happens when someone charges back on a credit card after they have the expansion for x period of days which is probably a lot less than 1 month its probably more like 2 hours if at all. 

Gatcha games do financially well enough because the majority of players do NOT actually refund a character even if they get "nerfed". In most cases highly over-performing characters getting nerfed is expected by the communities. That's similar to asking support to help with an individual item which might have been purchased by accident in this game. Most gatcha games, just like many other games, are not keen on allowing players to play an actual expansion for an extended period of time only for the player to then refund it.

and yes I dont think they would care about banning a veteran account.

Do you? So you also see the question posted in bad faith then? Glad we agree.

also you're quoting the 1 month time frame only they just nerfed it today 1 month into it, so the OP was probably fine with the game up until today.

The games is over 12 years old. We've had balance changes in the past, some of them after expansion releases. One would assume a veteran of the game knows that.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

25 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Your point is comparing apples to oranges. I honestly think you'd would be happier if you refunded an expansion, or if you don't want to be so drastic, take a break.

You'd miss your daily dose of posting on the GW2 forums sure, and maybe some dailies here and there, you might even miss some of the acquaintances you have in game, but I honestly think you'd be happier without GW2 given your over 2 years of vitriol and ongoing issues with the game.

I mean it, touch some grass and actually think about improving your life.

Gatcha games do financially well enough because the majority of players do NOT actually refund a character even if they get "nerfed". In most cases highly over-performing characters getting nerfed is expected by the communities. That's similar to asking support to help with an individual item which might have been purchased by accident in this game. Most gatcha games, just like many other games, are not keen on allowing players to play an actual expansion for an extended period of time only for the player to then refund it.

Do you? So you also see the question posted in bad faith then? Glad we agree.

The games is over 12 years old. We've had balance changes in the past, some of them after expansion releases. One would assume a veteran of the game knows that.

LOL thanks for the advice, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, but thanks for looking out for me. Sounds like serious projection on your part, since your positivity and fawning over the game borders on sycophant levels, even though ive played guild wars probably longer than you have lol.  Also the constructive criticsm i provide is to help the game, so why you're saying I have issues with the game, i have no idea.

Its also not apples and oranges its pretty much the same argument which you didn't address lol.

a more extreme example would be if they released a class that did 10x the damage of every other class and they sold it as one of the reasons you should buy the expansion.  Then after 1 month of everyone buying the expansion and having that new class be one of the reasons everyone bought it they "balance" the class thus nerfing it.  I dunno feels crummy to me, I mean why not balance every other class to do the same damage instead of nerfing something that was a selling point.

No i dont agree with you, the OP does have a point, one you are going out of your way to ignore which I keep pointing out to you and you say its apples and oranges... Ok how is it apples and oranges? how is it different?  ALso saying nerfiing is expected by the community? what does that even mean? how so? why do they expect that? youre basing that on what? lol

I understand that they balance the game, but it feels like an unadressed grey area, and I dont see the difference between this game and a gatcha game where I know for a fact you cant "balance " a game in that manner.

• Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

LOL thanks for the advice, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, but thanks for looking out for me. Sounds like serious projection on your part, since your positivity and fawning over the game borders on sycophant levels, even though ive played guild wars probably longer than you have lol.  

We've been over this in another topic. It must be eating you up that I have more completion on most aspects in this game doesn't it?

I've been critical to a healthy degree, most recently on issues of celestial gear in WvW again.

You are correct though, I enjoy the game and as such keep playing it. Once I don't, I'll take a break. Seems the reasonable and healthy thing to do.

Your post history for over 2 years suggests you are not happy and seem to be struggling. As such I was just giving you some reasonable advice. Right now you just come across as an addicted veteran player which has been unhappy for a long time.Obviously if I am mistaken then my bad, seems your 2 different personas should exchange notes then though.

Also the constructive criticsm i provide is to help the game, so why you're saying I have issues with the game, i have no idea.

Ah, so that is how you see yourself. Makes sense. 🤣

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

6 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

We've been over this in another topic. It must be eating you up that I have more completion on most aspects in this game doesn't it?

I've been critical to a healthy degree, most recently on issues of celestial gear in WvW again.

You are correct though, I enjoy the game and as such keep playing it. Once I don't, I'll take a break. Seems the reasonable and healthy thing to do.

Your post history for over 2 years suggests you are not happy and seem to be struggling. As such I was just giving you some reasonable advice. Right now you just come across as an addicted veteran player which has been unhappy for a long time.Obviously if I am mistaken then my bad, seems your 2 different personas should exchange notes then though.

Ah, so that is how you see yourself. Makes sense. 🤣

How do you know how much completion I have of the game lol?  And I've played since gw1 launch, so good luck matching my experience of the game.

I've also been posting in the forums since 2012.

And yah what else would you call it but constructive criticism.  I would have quit the game long ago if I hated it, and believe it or not I don't need your suggestion to do so if I wanted too lol.

• Confused 6
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

a more extreme example would be if they released a class that did 10x the damage of every other class and they sold it as one of the reasons you should buy the expansion.  Then after 1 month of everyone buying the expansion and having that new class be one of the reasons everyone bought it they "balance" the class thus nerfing it.  I dunno feels crummy to me, I mean why not balance every other class to do the same damage instead of nerfing something that was a selling point.

For that example to be relevant though, they would have had to have specifically advertised the expansion on the premise "Get warrior spear and dominate your foes in PvP!". Spears in general are a selling point, and OP got what they paid for. To expect anything to remain totally unchanged in a MMORPG, much less something that's dominating a competitive mode, is lunacy, and OP should've 100% known better. If they bought an entire expansion solely on an overpowered weapon for a single profession, that was a poor financial decision on their part.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Hm.... this is Like a Norn wanting to refund the 5th Tattoo.

They know this tattoo artist a long time and the thing they are offering.

After the first 4 Tattoo's the buyer should know what they are getting themselves into.

Asking the tattoo artist to remove that 5th tattoo seems like a reaaaal hassle technically + plus the trust between the two is severely compromised.

Edited by Noidea Incognito.9607
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Sigmoid.7082 said:

From what I gather and for those confused OP is upset at the changes made to warrior spear to make it "less dominant" in competitive modes. 

oh my buttie is so hurt my warrior is no longer OP! I'm quitting!!

And I demand Anet give my Ranger permanent stealth with King Pet that one shot kills everyone in WvW and PvP! 

Or I demand full refund!!

Edited by Smurfiness.3714
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

This seems like a classic example of not knowing or understanding the T&Cs that anet can and will change things in game as they see fit. As people as said before only things they can't straight up remove is main features advertised in what they are selling (e.g. spears as land weapons, war claw mount, homestead etc).

Can voice your displeasure, especially if it's about balance changes as sometimes they will change it (having good arguments to support any change would help too).

With in regards to getting a refund you can ask anet but this will be subject to the reasoning, time since buying item/expansion and anet's digression.

• Like 1

You're being intentionally vague, but I'm genuinely curious what content you think was removed from the game?

Balance changes are not the same thing as "removing content," and as far as I can tell I don't see anything else in the patch notes that describes any content that is no longer available. Not trying to rag on you, I just legitimately don't understand what you're even referring to.

It would help a lot of people empathize if you explained what content or functionality you feel was removed.

• Like 2