Staff skins as spear skins. Now that it's been done.

Seeing how todays patch has made  The Dragon Decade Spear Skin, which has the same appearance as the Dragon Decade Staff Skin and the Luminous Partisan Spear Skin, which has the same appearance as the Luminous Pillar Staff Skin can we port over some others? In particular the Arcance battle staff which you can get from the black Lion statuettes. This model is clearly a spear. Has two staby ends and everything.  Thank you. 

• Like 6

I'm grateful for them listening to feedback and putting in a decade spear skin. I would've preferred its own skin, but to be honest, it's pretty much a spear skin already so I'm OK with it

I don't mind them doing this for more if it's the quickest way to get more options

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Josiah.2967 said:

Just make it so if you have the current staff skin, you unlock the spear skin. I really want to use Dreamwalker Scythe on my reaper. Make it happen. 🙂

But why do it like that if they can instead make you pay twice for it if its a gemstore skin 😄

(though I'm definitely on board for them just unlocking the skin for both if you have it for one. Just think they may feel that the other way is more profitable)

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

But why do it like that if they can instead make you pay twice for it if its a gemstore skin 😄

(though I'm definitely on board for them just unlocking the skin for both if you have it for one. Just think they may feel that the other way is more profitable)

That is a bad take. Here is why!

1.) If Staff Skins unlocked the Speer equivalent. This would be a huge win for the community and create a lot of good will. Good will matters. Getting people excited for the game goes along way for getting us to pay more.

2.) The skins already exist. You are not creating anything more. You're just unlocking its graphics for another slot. It would look super greedy and wouldn't be worth the communities wrath. This could hurt income overall if the community perceives this as lazy and greedy.

3.) There are plenty of people who would buy staff skins that didn't before. This means even with the positive feedback, they would get more money for something with little work. I don't use staff; however, I would buy a bunch of staff instantly if they unlocked spears. Even staff users would be more than likely to buy staff if it unlocks two slots. They might unlock ones they weren't sure of before.

Then they can just make a separate and unique spear skin going forward. Seems like an easy win/win.

10 minutes ago, Josiah.2967 said:

1.) If Staff Skins unlocked the Speer equivalent. This would be a huge win for the community and create a lot of good will. Good will matters. Getting people excited for the game goes along way for getting us to pay more.

2.) The skins already exist. You are not creating anything more. You're just unlocking its graphics for another slot. It would look super greedy and wouldn't be worth the communities wrath. This could hurt income overall if the community perceives this as lazy and greedy.

3.) There are plenty of people who would buy staff skins that didn't before. This means even with the positive feedback, they would get more money for something with little work. I don't use staff; however, I would buy a bunch of staff instantly if they unlocked spears. Even staff users would be more than likely to buy staff if it unlocks two slots. They might unlock ones they weren't sure of before.

Then they can just make a separate and unique spear skin going forward. Seems like an easy win/win.

Or it can come down to a technical limitation. How was the implementation done with the decade and luminous spear skins? I assume you still have to select them as a seperate skin from the boxes, or do you get both unlocked if you select either staff or spear skin?

I don't disagree that goodwill is valuable and that it would be neat if they implemented it like that. Just doesn't really look like it at the moment based on how they added these skins (unless they actually work like that).

33 minutes ago, Josiah.2967 said:

Anet has been greedy for a long time now, you really think they are gonna give that away for free when one skin can give them 5 bucks.

Edited by sasya neko.1985
  • Confused 2

52 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Or it can come down to a technical limitation. How was the implementation done with the decade and luminous spear skins? I assume you still have to select them as a seperate skin from the boxes, or do you get both unlocked if you select either staff or spear skin?

I don't disagree that goodwill is valuable and that it would be neat if they implemented it like that. Just doesn't really look like it at the moment based on how they added these skins (unless they actually work like that).

Neither. They're a free vendor purchase from the birthday npc in LA for reaching a particular account milestone

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2